What's your favorite carry weapon?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
My daughter just got her Glock 43 and she really likes it. Her next choice would have been a Ruger LC9s.

EPaulikonis

Just picked up the Springfield Armory XDS 3.3" in 9mm for DW. Next purchase is the XDS 3.3" in .45 for me :D. Test shot 50-rounds and was surprised at how well the .45 handled. Recoil was mild and weapon was quick to target for follow-on rounds. Now I just need to get into reloading...ammo's going to send me to the poor house.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just picked up the Springfield Armory XDS 3.3" in 9mm for DW. Next purchase is the XDS 3.3" in .45 for me :D. Test shot 50-rounds and was surprised at how well the .45 handled. Recoil was mild and weapon was quick to target for follow-on rounds. Now I just need to get into reloading...ammo's going to send me to the poor house.

Anymore, I've been buying my ammo from Luckygunner.com. Decent prices and fast delivery.

Samuel

Usually Walther PPS 9mm and or Ruger LCP .380 mostly.

Depending on clothing/season. Glock 19 or 21. Sometimes my old Berretta .380 or officers model 1911.
While in the woods Ruger GP100.

If I feel the need to go on lockdown one of my AR's with a Mossberg 930SPX .12GA. HAHAHA!

weekender01

I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm and love it! It is accurate, easy to shoot and so far eats any ammo I feed through it. I have gotten some great deals on 9mm ammo from Cabela's.

JohnDar

I carry a Smith and Wesson M&P Shield 9mm and love it! It is accurate, easy to shoot and so far eats any ammo I feed through it. I have gotten some great deals on 9mm ammo from Cabela's.
I bought one of those in June and agree. I got the thumb safety on mine. I've been getting good deals online from Luckygunner.com on bulk purchases of ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weekender01

I bought one of those in June and agree. I got the thumb safety on mine. I've been getting good deals online from Luckygunner.com on bulk purchases of ammo.

I have the thumb safety too, but it is always off and the gun is always loaded with one in the chamber. I will have to check out lucky gunner. Thanks for the info.

JohnDar

One is always in the chamber of my pistols. Racking the slide in a close quarters situation is not an option. Thumbing the safety off is quick and prevents an accidental discharge.

avvidclif

For ammo pricing go to ammoseek.com About all brands and dealers are listed, good search engine also. If buying 223 for your stash I like the Federal 55gr in the 420 rnd sealed metal ammo can. On stripper clips and has the spoon. At massammo.com it's 134.40 with 12.99 shipping for up to 2 cans.

9mm starts at 15.7cents/rnd

porthole

Retired

I bought one of the early XDS .45's, managed to put 2 mags through it to test then ended up sending it back for the recall - upgrade. Then I started the first of two significant shoulder surgeries (neither planned)

Dust collector right now :mad:

I - we (my shooting buds) have been buying ammo from TargetSports USA, when the price is right and in stock. Case lots get free shipping, no tax, which is where the real savings is.

JohnDar

Just for grins & giggles, I picked up a Mossberg Flex 590. Nasty looking piece of hardware.

Imurphy

First gen springfield XD 45ACP service. Wife carries a current gen springfield XDS 9 mm sub compact.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Diamondjim

Now I just need to get into reloading...ammo's going to send me to the poor house.

Got back into reloading last year. When we moved to FLA (2006), my son got all my guns (but one) and my reloading equipment. A fellow resident of our gated community here was moving back to Wyoming, sold me his complete reloading set-up. Back into business I am. Finding powder is a task at times, but it's out there. Reloading 9mm for me and .380 auto for DW.
Working part-time, my EDC is a Ruger SR9c which I really like. On the trail of another stash of a fellow getting on in years.