Wineguard Carryout Satellite Dish SALE

dave10a

I am somewhat new, have only had my rig a month, and do not yet have Sat TV. I have been looking at all the options. Been told that DirectTV does NOT have HD, but Dish does. Also been told that none of the portable systems, Tailgater, VuQube, CarryOut etc. have DVR? To get DVR you have to have a expensive roof top mount dish. I like the idea of being able to have Sat to both the living room TV and the bedroom TV. Is anybody using one of the portable systems able to have DVR? If so how?

I personally like Dish network because they offer more advanced technology. If you go the Carryout or Tailgater route you can use the Dish 211k receiver that allows for a hard drive option for a one time charge of $30 that allows for recording (DVR) what ever. The Carryout has a feature that allows for a second receiver for the bedroom. However the second receiver only picks up the satellite the primary receiver has selected and therefore you can watch all stations that satellite is sending. The Tailgater is powered by the coax cable and the Carryout requires a separate power cable. If you purchase the Winegard Roadtrip dome, it is dish pro compliant and will allow you to watch multiple channels on one dual channel receiver like the Dish 222k or you go the "hopper/Joey" route and watch up to 4 independent channels. The beauty of the Dual channel or Hopper systems is you only need one coax cable the is already in your trailer and do not need to run extra cables. All Dish stuff is HD compliant and does not require any special hardware. The only limitation is the programming you select and pay for. The beauty of the Carryout and Roadtrip is they work with DirectTv and others you select those services.

RNRUSA

More information please, my brother in law has a spare receiver can I just put it in my trailer and use a portable dish as per previous comments, or do I need to set up a "mobile" account? Sat TV is all new to us Aussies.

danemayer

More information please, my brother in law has a spare receiver can I just put it in my trailer and use a portable dish as per previous comments, or do I need to set up a "mobile" account? Sat TV is all new to us Aussies.
Hi RNRUSA,

The receiver will not do anything unless it's been electronically linked to an active account with a satellite programming provider like Dish or Directv. With that receiver, you should be able to set up an account with the same company that your brother-in-law used. Before you do, you need to check as to whether the portable dish you have in mind will work with the receiver and that both are supported by the satellite company.

Also, you should ask the satellite company if they will give you free equipment in return for a 2 year commitment. That's often done in the U.S. They won't give you an auto-tuning dish, but they might give you a receiver and a tripod based dish for free.

Do you need a mobile account? Do they care if your account is for home or for RV, or if you use it in both? Rules may vary by country - our Federal Communications Commission has put in place some rules that can make things difficult for RVers. Maybe it's better in Australia.

RNRUSA

The receiver is active at the moment we just intend putting it in our trailer and heading off. The dish is compatable to the receiver I made sure of this before purchasing. I gather that we will be ok at this point. Cheers and thanks.

wdk450

I just disconnect the connections to my Dish Network 222K receiver at home and take it with me to the trailer. It isn't that much of a chore. The Satellite providers don't know where the receivers are (unless you phone them and tell them) and you will get the same "cable" channels wherever you can receive the satellite signals (including your local regional sports channels). No additional charges to your monthly home bill. With Dish network you will not get your local network stations when you are more than about 150 miles from home, but you can call Dish and ask to "Change your service address" to the address of the RV park you are at to get that area's local stations. Then call again to "Change your service address" again when you get home. I would avoid saying anything about being in an RV unless you have to, just to eliminate hassles from telephone reps not in the know.

I have used a manually aimed Dish 1000.2 receiving dish for about 3 years now. This was bought way before the lower prices on the carryout antenna, and I think I have a better understanding of the dish and satellite constellation relationship along with the receiver bootup and tests from this experience.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
FWIW, we have the DISH monthly Pay-As-You-Go plan since we've got cable at home. Since the rig's going into storage at the end of the month, I'll just not pay the next billing and let it go dormant until spring. Then call to reactivate the subscription. I have found that if we have not used it at the RV for about a week or so, I have to call DISH and have them send a signal to reactivate it. Never had any hassles from them. Once I got a Smartphone and was able to find the satelites through the tree canopy, life (or at least TV watching) was good. Even the automatic GM-1518 dish needs a fairly clear shot to the south.

bishop32

Is it still available? One of my friend want to buy a Wineguard Carryout Satellite Dish. He is an electronics engineer and making a heavy dish for his own use. He want to use some parts of Wineguard Carryout Satellite Dish in it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is it still available? One of my friend want to buy a Wineguard Carryout Satellite Dish. He is an electronics engineer and making a heavy dish for his own use. He want to use some parts of Wineguard Carryout Satellite Dish in it.
I kinda doubt it. This thread is five months old.
You could however go to Tweetys web site and find out.

Peace
Dave

olcoon

Dave,
I went to Tweety's website, & it's a little cheaper now! $572.71, and the tripod is $74.80

hi there i just bought this unit at AdventureRv . net for $568.00 and the tripod for $62.00 and $23.00 for the 12 volt converter. $33.00 for shipping and i order it on thursday and it arrived on friday i was shocked.
Joel

Last edited: