PDA

View Full Version : 2010 International Heartland Owners Rally Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

jbeletti
01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
Registration for the 2010 International Heartland Owners Rally will be as follows:

January 4: Club Members (link will be sent via email)

February 4: All Heartland Owners (email will be sent to all forum members on Feb4)

If you are not yet a Heartland Owners Club member, now is a great time to join. Not only will you be able to register for this rally early, you'll be assured a space at the rally and you'll save $25 on your rally fee!

Here's a nice set of links to Club information:

Join the Club here! (//heartlandowners.org/vbMemberManager.php)

View Club Benfits here. (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7705)

View Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Club here. (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=7444)

Download and read past Club Newsletters here. (//heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php?f=304)

Navigate to and read threads in the Club forums here. (//heartlandowners.org/forumdisplay.php?f=336)

Rally Links:

Here's a link to the Attendee Directory for the Nashville Rally (https://www.regonline.com/ActiveReports/CustomReports/DirectoryReport.aspx?eventID=VG2MAYe%2F0jo%3D&rptId=391962). The report at the link is dynamic - so it will always be current.

Count Down till Rally Starts (http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=m&year=2010&month=7&day=15&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p0=171)

Rally Agenda (click here) (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/2010_agenda.pdf)

Seminars, Presentations & Meetings Schedule (click here) (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/2010_Seminars-Presentations-Meetings.pdf)

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

Razorback
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Have the e-mails went out yet for the 2010 Rally link ? (post said Jan 4) This will be our first opportunity to attend the national rally and just want to make sure we haven't missed the e-mail.

Louise Burton
01-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Hopefully not - I have been looking for mine as well....

jbeletti
01-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Email has NOT been sent out as of 1:36 PM CST on 1/5/10.

When I made the commitment, I was a day off in my head. Oops!

And I had some other things to finish up first. Working on programming the rally registration website "right now". It will take the better part of the day to finish and test. Hope to get email to club members out tonight.

I see we had a couple people join the club since my first post on this. That's great. I'll put the call out once again - if you are not yet a Heartland Owners Club member and you want to save $25 on your rally registration for Nashville, use the links in post 1 of this thread to learn more about the club and to join.

Jim

loafer
01-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Hi Jim
Wondering what the cost of registration is for the rally ?
Thanks Bill

mrcomer
01-05-2010, 08:06 PM
I can't imagine missing a National Rally. I have made it to every one since we started. So bummed but trying to come up with a plan.

We recently were informed that there will be a family wedding on the 17th of July. What are the odds? My wife is not happy that I am chosing the rally over family but....well....umm....some family are closer than others.

So to calm the waters I figured it would be much easier to upset the 100's of Heartland owners by moving the date of the Rally and keeping the peace here at home. (chirp,chirp,chirp........crickets everywhere). That's whatthought, no takers huh? Well it doesn't hurt to ask.

What a way to start off the new year.

Later all,
Mark

jbeletti
01-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Well, good try Mark - but you knew you'd have a better chance of me moving the rally date if you would have called me instead of posting your request :eek:

Just kidding. But seriously, you're risking things on the home-front by choosing the rally over the family wedding. Unless you're saying the whole family is coming to the rally and blowing off the family wedding.

And who decides 6 months out that their getting married?

Anyway - we can't have a rally without you so I may have to send in all my deposits and then cancel everything :) Not!

Jim

jbeletti
01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Hi Jim
Wondering what the cost of registration is for the rally ?
Thanks Bill

Bill,

Here ya go:

Club Member Pricing:
$190 for 1 to 2 people in an RV
$240 for 3 people in an RV
$290 for 4 people in an RV

Non-Club Member Pricing*:
$215 for 1 to 2 people in an RV
$265 for 3 people in an RV
$315 for 4 people in an RV
*If you join the Heartland Owners Club (click here to join (//heartlandowners.org/vbMemberManager.php)) and become a Member (join, pay and are approved) prior to registering for this rally, with your Club Member number, you will qualify for Club Member pricing.

The registration site is configured. Now I need to do some testing. Then download the club member list. Then upload the club member list to the registration site. Then create a mailing list and send the email out to club members.

Nancy! More coffee!

Jim

jbeletti
01-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Heartland Owners Club Members:

Registration is "NOW OPEN" for the 2010 International Heartland Owners Rally.

Each of you will receive an email yet this evening. That email will be sent to you at the email address in your Forum and Club profiles. You "MUST" register for the rally using that email address.

Here is the link to register for this rally: www.regonline.com/2010nashville (https://www.regonline.com/2010nashville)

This link will be included in the email this evening.

Let's see if we can hit 25 registrations by the end of this week. That's 5 days.

Jim

rick_debbie_gallant
01-05-2010, 10:59 PM
I dont know what the problem is, I have made it clear in our family that there is to be no weddings, births, parties, family reunions etc., etc., etc. during the summer months, That way no one will be upset if we miss them because of sailboat races or rallies. Now my problem is there is a rally and a sailboat race at the same time:eek:. Now what do I do????:eek::eek:
BTW when my younger brother got married some 20 years ago I did make it to the wedding and the sailboat race. As he was walking down the aisle I was walking in the front door. Talk about close.

jimtoo
01-05-2010, 11:08 PM
I can't imagine missing a National Rally. I have made it to every one since we started. So bummed but trying to come up with a plan.

We recently were informed that there will be a family wedding on the 17th of July. What are the odds? My wife is not happy that I am chosing the rally over family but....well....umm....some family are closer than others.

So to calm the waters I figured it would be much easier to upset the 100's of Heartland owners by moving the date of the Rally and keeping the peace here at home. (chirp,chirp,chirp........crickets everywhere). That's whatthought, no takers huh? Well it doesn't hurt to ask.

What a way to start off the new year.

Later all,
Mark

Hey Mark,,, maybe you could hire an actor or double to take your place at the wedding...Most people are looking at the bride and groom anyway....

Yeah,, but,,,Nawww...never mind,,, never find a double for you:eek:....never mind...forget it...:D just thinking outloud...:rolleyes:

unsigned!

Razorback
01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Confirmed, we're registerd!!!

kkamshop
01-06-2010, 08:52 AM
14th to register!

boatto5er
01-06-2010, 09:34 AM
We're registered! Our first National Rally. Can't wait - plan on being part of a fairly large East Coast contingent. Did somebody say convoy?

Flying Dutchman
01-06-2010, 09:41 AM
We're registered also. Can't wait for this rally season to start. Lets see, SC, then NC, followed by NJ, then PA, TN, and finally NY. Could there be some more?:)

sharmulst
01-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Just registered for the rally this morning. Sorry we missed last year, but this will be our 4th rally. Looking forward to meeting old friends and making new.

Louise Burton
01-06-2010, 05:05 PM
2 more ( 4 if you count the mutts)

jbeletti
01-06-2010, 06:23 PM
We're at 29 rigs registered as of 5:22 CST on 1/6/2010. Not bad for less than 24 hours.

I am amazed. Each year it sells faster than the last.

Jim

hcriddle
01-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Jim,

Will there be the number of vendors and Heartland reps there like I have heard about in Goshen. I am not sure I can do both 2010 and 2011 in Goshen so I want to get the biggest bang for my buck. I want to see all these goodies I have been reading about up close and in person.

dieselengineer
01-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Hey Jim
You're still a day off, it is January 6th today

Bob&Patty
01-06-2010, 08:09 PM
JB, Pat and I still want to be there. We cant get enough time off to drive. So what do we need to do. We are checking on air fare, hotels and such. Got any ideas for good deals? Cheapest we have found is $1200.00 per person for 7 days with air travel and hotel. WOW:eek: Bob:(

jbeletti
01-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Jim,

Will there be the number of vendors and Heartland reps there like I have heard about in Goshen. I am not sure I can do both 2010 and 2011 in Goshen so I want to get the biggest bang for my buck. I want to see all these goodies I have been reading about up close and in person.

No - the "on the road" rally is different than the "back home" rallies in Goshen.

We will have only a couple of vendors in Nashville. This is by design.

We will still have a couple of decent presentations - details to follows.

We will not have any Heartland suppliers there.

We will not have any rally service work there.

We will have rig weighing.

If you could not come to both and had to choose one, I suggest you make Goshen in 2011.

Jim

jbeletti
01-06-2010, 08:28 PM
JB, Pat and I still want to be there. We cant get enough time off to drive. So what do we need to do. We are checking on air fare, hotels and such. Got any ideas for good deals? Cheapest we have found is $1200.00 per person for 7 days with air travel and hotel. WOW:eek: Bob:(

I know they have Kabins at the KOA. But I have found most KOA Kabins do not come with linens or towels. That's a bummer if you are flying in. Make a call to them tomorrow and ask for Jen Stott. Ask her about their Kabins. If you can make it, we'll work something out on the rally rate for the events/activities/meals.

Jim

jbeletti
01-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey Jim
You're still a day off, it is January 6th today

Thanks Jim. Been a long week already! Whatever day it is :D

netters1
01-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Mac & I just registered...See you in Nashville!!:D:D:D

jbeletti
01-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Nancy and I just registered. That makes 37 rigs.

Jim

SmokeyBare
01-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Marv & Karen are registered as well... Were Looking forward to a Great Rally in Nashville !!!

dglatta
01-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Kathi and I are registered . Our first trip as newly retired teachers! Can't wait!

superduty08
01-06-2010, 09:56 PM
We signed up tonight and can hardly wait. It will be our first and no grandbabies due during the summer this year.

jimtoo
01-07-2010, 12:26 AM
We are now registered. Will arrive on Monday,7-12-2010. So I will be there if you need help Jim. Will depart on either Sunday or Monday,,, depending on friends that will meet up with us after rally and tour some other places.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Lin & I are in! Now comes the long wait. See ya'll in Nashville.

jimtoo
01-07-2010, 12:32 AM

Hey Bob, If you guys can come,,, let me know and we will throw in a couple extra sheets and towels that you can use in the cabins. Just let us know.

(Linens R Rough,, That's Us!) (Canvas tarps)

Jim M

davebennington
01-07-2010, 07:06 AM
Julie and I registered last night. Looking forward to the rally.

Dave

jnbhobe
01-07-2010, 07:12 AM
Patti & I also got registered wednesday night. We will arrive on monday with Katkens and Cookie. At least thats the plan. JON :cool: :cool: :cool:

shovelguy
01-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Well, we are registered to attend. Isn't anyone else out there planning on going? Where is the chatter, the excitement about the rally, the enthusiasm?

dbylinski
01-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Jon,

John and I are arriving on Sunday so how abouts we find a pork chop one evening?

boatto5er
01-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Jon,

John and I are arriving on Sunday so how abouts we find a pork chop one evening?

But Deb, the rest of us will be getting ready to leave by then!:D:rolleyes:

dbylinski
01-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Arrival 7/11 - You'll still be traveling I-95 to where you are now!

Nabo
01-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Registered the first night Jim put the email out with the registration form. Called KOA today to make the early registration, coming in on the 14th. Some of us are still in the work force, therefore can't be there earlier.

jnbhobe
01-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Pork chops DEB ??? I don't understand !!! You'll make me hungry :D :D :D
Can't remember was that two or three:eek::eek::eek:

dbylinski
01-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Jon,

It was :eek::eek::eek:.

jbeletti
01-08-2010, 05:46 PM
As of this moment (what day is it Jim H?), we are 50% sold for the rally. That's 50 rigs registered in less than 48 hours! You guys are good.

I am "planning" an early arrivals dinner out. It will be an "each pays his own" thing. I am planning it for Tuesday evening, as usual (Branson, Goshen...).

While I have yet to make the call to them, Lord knows got a good start at eating through their menu already - Caney Fish Camp Restaurant is where I am considering. They have a private room and if it's available, I'm gonna reserve it. Once that is done, i will know how many it will accommodate and then I will add that to the registration website and kick an email out to all registered attendees with a link. Click the link to manage your registration and sign yourself up for the early event. I do it this way only to keep track of the head-count and to make sure I don't go over the capacity of the room.

Jim

PSF513
01-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Any idea how many returnees and how many newbies? Any idea of the distribution of attendees?

talley
01-08-2010, 07:51 PM
As of this moment (what day is it Jim H?), we are 50% sold for the rally. That's 50 rigs registered in less than 48 hours! You guys are good.

I am "planning" an early arrivals dinner out. It will be an "each pays his own" thing. I am planning it for Tuesday evening, as usual (Branson, Goshen...).

While I have yet to make the call to them, Lord knows got a good start at eating through their menu already - Caney Fish Camp Restaurant is where I am considering. They have a private room and if it's available, I'm gonna reserve it. Once that is done, i will know how many it will accommodate and then I will add that to the registration website and kick an email out to all registered attendees with a link. Click the link to manage your registration and sign yourself up for the early event. I do it this way only to keep track of the head-count and to make sure I don't go over the capacity of the room.

Jim

Jim... make the call!! Diane and I ate at Caney Fish Camp Restaurant January 2008 and it was great! Good food and as I recall there was entertainment We will arrive earlier than planned to be able to enjoy the restaurant and great company.

Thanks for making the arrangment,
Jerry

truknutt
01-08-2010, 08:20 PM
TrukNutt & Co. will arrive Monday, the 12th, after a brief layover in Alabama. 185 days to go!! This time we'll break out the bike for more than just a spin around the CG!!

cjhicks
01-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Judy and I will be ariving on the 14th with the HOC Va. Chapter Convoy and departing on the 19th.:)

jbeletti
01-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Jim... make the call!! Diane and I ate at Caney Fish Camp Restaurant January 2008 and it was great! Good food and as I recall there was entertainment We will arrive earlier than planned to be able to enjoy the restaurant and great company.

Thanks for making the arrangment,
Jerry

Thanks for the vote of confidence on my pick, Jerry. I'll "make the call", then holler out to y'all.

Jim

jbeletti
01-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Any idea how many returnees and how many newbies? Any idea of the distribution of attendees?

Hi Pete and Deb,

No, that's a manual calculation based on comparison to past records that need to be pulled. No time for that right now.

If I do look at it later, what are you interested in comparing to? What year? Been doing these rallies since 2006. This is our first time to Nashville.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau
01-08-2010, 11:46 PM
OK, since there's food involved, we may have to move our arrival date up a few days. Cookie! Wanna Convoy???

cookie
01-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Convoy sound good, but we gotta meet jnphobe in Louisville, and then hook up with Katkens at Camping World in Nashville. Talk to you about it in June at the Dells.

Peace
Dave

PSF513
01-09-2010, 08:07 AM
JIM: Just curious in general, Deb & I are newbies for the International rally and I was just wondering. We are very excited about attending.

THANKS

kkamshop
01-09-2010, 10:53 AM
When I registered there was a list of attendees - now I can't find that link.

Could you post it on page 1 of this thread, Jim?

truknutt
01-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Try this link: 2010 International Heartland Owner's Rally Attendees (https://www.regonline.com/ActiveReports/CustomReports/DirectoryReport.aspx?eventID=VG2MAYe%2F0jo%3D&rptId=391962)

I found it on the e-mailed copy of my registration receipt way down at the bottom under the DIRECTORIES tab.

Leno
01-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Can someone here help out a newbie.. I am trying to register for the rally but don't know what the chapter leader code is?

jnbhobe
01-09-2010, 08:26 PM
:rolleyes: Thats just for chapter leaders !! Go ahead and sign uo without that part. It will go right thru without the code. JON ;);)

jbeletti
01-09-2010, 11:34 PM
I added some FAQs tonight to the rally registration website and felt it best to post them here too as those considering the rally may be interested in it.

Jim

Rally Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q. We can't make it in until Thursday late afternoon, is it still worth coming?
What will we miss?
A. YES - it is definitely worth coming. The agenda is still being worked on
but we know we'll have a potluck Thursday night. Plan to join us!

Q. I want to come to the rally but what if it's sold-out. Am I out of luck?
A. A wait-list feature is built into this registration application

Q. Can we wash our trailers/trucks on our campsite?
A. While you are not allowed to wash vehicles at your site, they KOA does
have a wash area across from the office on the road coming into the
campground.

Q. Does the KOA have Internet service?
A. Yes. They offer free Wi-Fi.

Q. How many days/nights does the rally fee cover?
A. From the rally fees, we will be covering Thursday, Friday and Saturday
nights. So that's from check-in on Thursday to check-out Sunday.

Q. Are pets allowed at the Fairgrounds?
A. Yes. As always, your pets must be leashed and picked up after.

Q. Is there a "pet walk" or "dog run" area?
A. Pets are welcome and there is a Pet Playground.

Q. Can we cancel our registration/reservation?
A. Yes, cancellations will be accepted through June 11th.
Refunds "through this date" will be less a 10% processing fee
(our cost for registration and credit card fees).

Q. Can we arrive prior to July 15th and/or stay later than July 18th?
A. If space is available you can. For these "extra" days, you must
reserve in advance and pay for them directly with the KOA.
Due to the potential of other rallies before, during and after
ours, it's quite possible that for your extra days, you may be placed
on a different site for the extra days, then have to move to your
rally site on rally day 1. The cost for extra days is $52 per night.

Q. What are the check-in/out times for the camp sites?
A. Check in: 1:00 PM / Check out: 11:00 AM

Q. Are campfires allowed?
A. Yes. They sell firewood too.

Q. I don't own a Heartland product at this time, can I still come to the rally?
A. Sorry, this Heartland Owners Rally is open to current Heartland RV
product owners. You must bring and camp in your Heartland RV in
order to register for and participate in this rally.

Q. I am an invited vendor who will be presenting at the rally, can myself
and/or my family and/or my employees attend the rally?
A. Vendors who are are on our presentation schedule may camp in the
same section as all the rally attendees but on a ''space available'' basis.
Contact Jim Beletti for more information.

Q. Do I need to contact the KOA for anything?
A. Most attendees will have no reason to contact the KOA. The 3 nights of
the rally are covered by your rally fee and the KOA will assign your site when
you arrive. If you are planning to arrive one or more days early, then you DO
need to contact the KOA in order to make reservations for and pay for those
extra days. At that time, they will usually assign you a specific site number and
it is their "goal", not promise, to not move you for the rally.

Q. How does the site selection work - who does that?
A. The KOA will be doing the siting based on when you are arriving, when you are
leaving, the length of your RV and the number of slide-outs. Generally, your site
will be assigned to you upon arrival and check-in. If you are coming in one or
more days early, then you will have already contacted the KOA for those days and
they will have given you a specific site number.

Q. I am traveling to the rally with a group (my RV pals, my chapter etc.).
We'd like to sited together at the campground, is this possible?
A. Yes - this "may" be possible. Someone from your group needs to be the
coordinator of this. Then they need to contact Jen Stott at the KOA and she
will do her best to site you all together. The sooner the better on this as sites
get reserved, our area looks like Swiss cheese, meaning very few contiguous
sites left for a group to be sited together.

Q. I'd like to come to the rally but we can't bring our RV. We will be driving or flying
into the area. Can we still join the rally, what is the fee and where can we stay?
A. Yes - we'd love to have you join us. We worked this out with the KOA, if you
wish to stay on-site in one of their Kabins. They have Kabins that have a small
kitchenette in them. They will be furnished with bed linens and towels. They
have agreed to charge the rally campsite rate for these Kabins. This means that
you can join the rally and your standard rally fee will cover 3 nights of Kabin rental.
You can pay for early or late nights if you choose to come early or stay beyond
Sunday morning. As far as other places in the area to stay, there are several
hotels just a mile up the road from the KOA.

Q. Will we be able to rent Golf Carts from the KOA?
A. Sorry but no. They will have a couple available to the Club for rental and we may
rent them, but they will not be assigned to general attendees. They will be paid for
by Heartland and assigned to rally personnel. They will be used as courtesy
cars to help those who need a ride - as we have done at past International rallies.

jbeletti
01-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Hey you rally convoyers,

If you are convoying into Nashville and you'd like to be sited together at the KOA, it "may" be possible.

Take a look at the FAQ below. Then, pick a convoy leader, coordinate with your leader and your leader can coordinate with Jenn Stott at the KOA and she will "do her best" to site you together.

Only the first few groups to call her will likely get sited how they want as the contiguous blocks will get eaten up. And, those coming in early will have been given their sites and they could be dotted all over our area, leaving gaps in contoguous blocks.

Plan now and call early!

Q. I am traveling to the rally with a group (my RV pals, my chapter etc.). We'd like to sited together at the campground, is this possible?

A. Yes - this "may" be possible. Someone from your group needs to be the coordinator of this. Then they need to contact Jen Stott at the KOA and she will do her best to site you all together. The sooner the better on this as sites get reserved, our area looks like Swiss cheese, meaning very few contiguous sites left for a group to be sited together.

jbeletti
01-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Stats based on 56 rigs registered through 9-January

Model Year
2005 0 0%
2006 10 18%
2007 5 9%
2008 11 20%
2009 22 39%
2010 6 11%
2011 2 4%

Brand
Big Country 2 4%
Bighorn 35 62%
Cyclone 1 2%
Landmark 11 20%
Sundance 7 12%

Slide-Outs
2 3 5%
3 36 64%
4 16 29%
5 1 2%

Length
32' 4 7%
33' 1 2%
34' 6 11%
35' 6 11%
36' 5 9%
37' 8 14%
38' 12 21%
39' 8 14%
40' 6 11%

By State/Province
AL 1
AR 3
FL 1
GA 1
IA 2
ID 1
IL 5
IN 1
KS 1
MD 2
MI 3
MO 1
MS 1
NC 1
NJ 1
NY 1
OH 3
OK 1
ON 2
OR 1
PA 3
SD 2
TN 2
TX 7
VA 6
WI 3

boatto5er
01-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Way to go VA/MD/WV chapter! We're leading the pack so far for number of attendees:)! Keep up the good work.

Gus

jbeletti
01-10-2010, 09:00 PM
When I registered there was a list of attendees - now I can't find that link.

Could you post it on page 1 of this thread, Jim?

Good idea Ken. Done - see link in post 1 of this thread.

Jim

netters1
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Jim,

Mac & I will be coming in on July 13th and would like to be included in the dinner for that night.

Also, how will our sites be set with us coming in early?

I made the other reservations through KOA but they said that they could not give us a site number or give us a 50amp site.

I thought if we came early, our site would be set by KOA and we would not have to move...thanks...:D

kkamshop
01-11-2010, 06:21 PM
That's what they told me too - I think we're scaring them just a little with so many full sized units. I'm sure it will all work out, sounds like the majority of sites are reserved for this rally.

jbeletti
01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Jim,

Mac & I will be coming in on July 13th and would like to be included in the dinner for that night.

Also, how will our sites be set with us coming in early?

I made the other reservations through KOA but they said that they could not give us a site number or give us a 50amp site.

I thought if we came early, our site would be set by KOA and we would not have to move...thanks...:D

Hi Lynette,

Your sites will be set by the KOA - so I cannot add any more to that. I suggest you call the KOA and ask for Jenn Stott. She is their events planner and is handling the rally.

Circle back here to let us know how you came out.

As soon as the details are "all set" on the Tuesday Night Early Arrivals Event, I'll send an email out to all registered attendees on what to do. You will likely go into your rally registration and check a box and select headcount from a drop-down. This way, it's all tracked and reportable through the registration site for me. I can also use a waitlist feature there.

This even will be capped at 29 couples as the room's serving capacity is 58.

Jim

Jim

grizzlygiant
01-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Where is thr registration form for Club members???? I want to sign up.

cookie
01-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Here ya go Grizz. Registration (http://www.regonline.com/2010nashville)

Peace
Dave

Big Al and Donna
01-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Jim, Donna and I along with the Nichols will be arriving on the 12th now not the 14th. Do we just call KOA and tell them or go thru you?

jimtoo
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Jim, Donna and I along with the Nichols will be arriving on the 12th now not the 14th. Do we just call KOA and tell them or go thru you?

You need to call KOA to make your pre rally reservations or after rally reservations. 800-562-7789 Be sure you tell them you are with the Heartland Rally to get the rally rates. Try and talk to Jenn.

Jim M

boatto5er
01-12-2010, 01:11 PM
This is going to be a great rally! A group of nine of us will be arriving from the VA/MD/PA area together in a convoy on the 14th, probably around 2:00pm. Nice photo opportunity. We'll have a mix of Sundances, Big Country, Big Horn, and Cyclone as of right now. There's still room to join us by the way. We'll be meeting up at the Baileyton RV park in Baileyton, TN on the afternoon of the 13th. Email or PM me if you're interested:).

jbeletti
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Jenn Stott from the KOA called me to clarify something for me so I could post it here to clarify for others.

In order to accommodate groups arriving together, that wish to be sited together, the KOA is "not", as a general rule, assigning specific sites to individuals who are calling with their early and late day reservations.

So, if you are arriving prior to Thursday and/or staying later than Sunday, do not expect to be assigned a specific site number until you arrive.

Also, as mentioned a here, on the registration site and in the terms you accept when you register, you most likely will "not" be getting a 50 amp site. They just don't have many, is the reason why. That said, each must decide for themselves, whether they can live without running 2 air conditioners. No one knows what the mid-July weather will be in Nashville this year, but if 2 ACs is an absolute requirement for you, please consider passing on this rally and join us in Goshen, Indiana in 2011. We'll have a larger block of 50 amp sites there. They'll go fast too - so Club Membership will be a strong recommendation then too.

Thanks everyone for understanding:
1. Why you may not be assigned a specific site until arrival and
2. Why you most likely will not have a 50 amp power site.

Jim

jbeletti
01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
This is going to be a great rally! A group of nine of us will be arriving from the VA/MD/PA area together in a convoy on the 14th, probably around 2:00pm. Nice photo opportunity. We'll have a mix of Sundances, Big Country, Big Horn, and Cyclone as of right now. There's still room to join us by the way. We'll be meeting up at the Baileyton RV park in Baileyton, TN on the afternoon of the 13th. Email or PM me if you're interested:).

Gus,

Thank you for taking this and running with it for your Chapter and others within the region. You'll have an awesome convoy and be sited together at the KOA.

Jim

boatto5er
01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Gus,

Thank you for taking this and running with it for your Chapter and others within the region. You'll have an awesome convoy and be sited together at the KOA.

Jim

I'm just wondering at what size point I'll need to coordinate with the TN State Police:eek:. (Just kidding right now, but doing some serious wondering:confused:).

Riverman
01-12-2010, 01:50 PM

You need to nominate one person from your group as the "Official Photographer". Im sure we would all love to see some Heartland Product Convoy shots.

dieselengineer
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Gus
I will need to go wash and make the old bighorn all shinny for this great photo op. For the convoy, are we going to use CB radio just like the good old days? I have my installed and ready, what channel are we going to use Big Daddy?

boatto5er
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Gus
I will need to go wash and make the old bighorn all shinny for this great photo op. For the convoy, are we going to use CB radio just like the good old days? I have my installed and ready, what channel are we going to use Big Daddy?

Break 19!:rolleyes: CB's?:eek: I'm thinking handhelds. We normally use channel 7.03. Usually no other interference there. Range is kinda limited when you get into the hills between Knoxville and Nashville though:(! I've got a set with a 15 mile advertised range (yeah - right:mad:) that gets about 4 miles on flat areas, line of sight in the hills.

Leno
01-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Where is the signup for the pre rally dinner??

jbeletti
01-12-2010, 09:32 PM
No sign-up yet. All registered attendees will get an email notice with a link in it to sign-up for that meal. I am pondering menus now and once I make a selection, the cost will be locked in. Then I can activate the agenda item on the rally registration site and direct folks to it for sign-up. It's 58 seats so it will go pretty fast.

Leno
01-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks Jim..

dbylinski
01-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Gus,

John and I will be there when you arrive and we would like to know your expected route so we can scope out an overpass or something to get some nice pics of the convoy. e-mail me what you know so we can look on the maps and google earth for possibilities. OK now back to work. Oh why bother there's only an hour left anyway.

dieselengineer
01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Deb
Do you mean I need to wash the roof also for the photo op.

boatto5er
01-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Deb
Do you mean I need to wash the roof also for the photo op.

We should all plan on Spin-N-Span Wed evening:D! I wonder if I can convince the good folks at Baileyton to let us have a Spic-N-Span party:rolleyes:?

dbylinski
01-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Jim, You really don't "have to" wash the roof but...

We're going to know which one is yours :eek: in the distance shots if you don't.:D

dieselengineer
01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Deb
Can I photo shop a nice bright replacement into the photo?

Ray LeTourneau
01-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Because there's food involved, Lin & I have moved our arrival plans up to arrive Monday the 12th. We'll now be able to make the pre rally dinner.:D

Hogladyrider
01-17-2010, 07:40 PM
We are considering attending the rally, it would be our first. What takes place at a rally in general other than fellowship among other Heartland owners.

We would be using vacation time to travel to and from the rally so would need to know what to be prepared for.

Thanks.
Susan

jbeletti
01-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Hi Susan,

You pretty much have it figured out. But let me put up a little list:

Opportunity to meet other RVers
Opportunity to meet others who own the same brand and model RV as you
Renew friendships and create new ones
Make plans to RV with your friends
Share meals
Have fun
Learn at seminars
Review/buy cool stuff from a few vendors
Get ideas for your RV from those who have been there/done that
See Nashville
Go to the Grand Ole Opry

Jim

porthole
01-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Not for nothing, but I would like to see the "hold" last more then another 2 days.

I have my vacation time picked but there are some issues that rear their ugly heads in my job and I was kind of counting on the February date.

Del600
01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Well we are Lucky #99.

One more rig and we should be full.

From the looks of it though, we are going to have to come earlier ;)

mrcomer
01-21-2010, 12:40 PM
We are considering attending the rally, it would be our first. What takes place at a rally in general other than fellowship among other Heartland owners.

We would be using vacation time to travel to and from the rally so would need to know what to be prepared for.

Thanks.
Susan

Susan,
Once you have attended one rally you'll be hooked. It will be the best time ever. We too normally have to use this as our vacation and have never regretted it.

Mark

meandg
02-22-2010, 08:31 AM
so is it all booked up now?

boatto5er
02-22-2010, 11:37 AM

I downloaded the attendee list and it looks like there are 121 people signed up. I believe Jim was getting 25 more sites for a total of 125. If you'd like to attend, you should be able to fill out a registration form: https://www.regonline.com/2010nashville

If it won't let you sign up then the rally may be filled up.

jbeletti
02-22-2010, 01:25 PM

It is not - 4 sites left :) Did you have trouble with the registration site? If so, please email or PM me right away with any details so I can clear them. Hope you can make it!

Thanks,

Jim

kkamshop
02-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey Jim, if you fill all the spaces, can you send folks to one of the other campgrounds nearby, or are we limited by the number the building can hold?

jbeletti
02-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey Jim, if you fill all the spaces, can you send folks to one of the other campgrounds nearby, or are we limited by the number the building can hold?

Hi Ken and Kathy,

My capacity is a function of my budget. This rally will cost about $500 per rig to put on. I am collecting around $200 per rig. I have budget for 125 units. When I hit the number - I am done unless I can obtain sponsorship and 2-years running now, the supplier base has been hurting too much to help out. Great question - thanks for asking.

Jim

kkamshop
02-23-2010, 11:17 PM
I totally understand your limitations now, thanks for the explanation.

Next year, you should contact Chevrolet as a sponsor to promote their new beefy 3500 - Ken is drooling on his keyboard reading about it !!!!

meandg
02-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Whew!!! I am now registered and after talking to Jim I am very exciting to be attending my first North American Rally. Can't wait to meet all of you.

Razorback
02-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Wish we had a countdown clock for the Rally!

boatto5er
02-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Wish we had a countdown clock for the Rally!

I have a cruise one on my cruise forum. I wonder if I could mod it to show an RV instead of a cruiseship? Maybe I'll tinker around with it this coming weekend. By the way - hope to meet up with you at the rally. I grew up in Arkansas; left there in 1972, but was just back there visiting family outside Pine Bluff last November.

Razorback
02-24-2010, 10:23 PM
I have a cruise one on my cruise forum. I wonder if I could mod it to show an RV instead of a cruiseship? Maybe I'll tinker around with it this coming weekend. By the way - hope to meet up with you at the rally. I grew up in Arkansas; left there in 1972, but was just back there visiting family outside Pine Bluff last November.

Same here Boat to5er, I ve been to P Bluff more timess than I care to recall. Used to Drive a ADC Van every day from N Arkansas several years ago.

jimtoo
02-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Time till start of rally. (http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/fullscreen.html?mode=m&year=2010&month=7&day=15&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p0=171) CAN U SEE IT??

cookie
02-24-2010, 11:38 PM
cool Jim only 12,133,362 seconds at this time till the rally. Seems so short now.

Peace
Dave

Flying Dutchman
02-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Very nice Jim. But then time seems to be flying by so fast ...

Razorback
02-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Great Job! Thanks.

DW_Gray
02-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Amy and I just registered for our first International Heartland Owners Rally. We are excited about attending and look forward to meeting everyone of you. (If that's possible.)

truknutt
02-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Amy and I just registered for our first International Heartland Owners Rally. We are excited about attending and look forward to meeting everyone of you. (If that's possible.)

That's great. Another Cyclone in the mix!!

jbeletti
03-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Anyone heard of Steve Hall and Shotgun Red (http://www.shotgunred.com/)?

Jim

jbeletti
03-02-2010, 11:50 PM
How about Kenny and the Krooners (http://www.aceproductions.com/Kenny&TheKrooners.html)? More here (http://www.nashvilleoldies.com/overview.html).

Jim

truknutt
03-03-2010, 05:17 AM
Yeah I used to see him now and then on Ralph Emery's show on "TNN" before they sold out and became "SpikeTV". Never heard the band, just the puppet/muppet and his country humor.

Tom of Ypsi
03-03-2010, 09:28 AM
When we lived in Michigan I use to watch the Shotgun Red show all the time on a Canadian TV station. Judy thought I was nuts, reverting back to child hood.

Jim, are you putting the entertainment up for a vote? Even though we cannot make the rally I would vote for Shotgun Red. You can get oldies almost any where you travel but not Shotgun Red.

boatto5er
03-03-2010, 10:27 AM
Used to watch Shotgun Red on TNN sometimes. Pretty funny as I recall.

jbeletti
03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Saturday Evening Entertainment has been booked!

Join us for a great evening at the 2010 International Heartland Owners Rally in Nashville, TN on Saturday, July 17th.

After your personal touring and shipping in Nashville and the surrounding area, and/or your attendance at the seminars we’ll be putting on, we’ll transition into what we call the Heartland RVs Evening.

The evening will go something like this:

Opening remarks
Catered dinner
Door Prize Drawings (must be present to win!)
Entertainment

Our entertainment will be, drum roll please…..

Steve Hall’s Shotgun Red Trio – Nashville’s Number 1 Comedy Show (http://www.shotgunred.com/index.htm)

I just spoke to Steve by phone today. While we won't have the 7-piece band, at least not in person (can you say memorex?) this show sounds like a real winner. The show is a mix of comedy and music. It sounds like a real hoot and it will be family friendly.

Everybody say yee-ha. Or is that, hee haw? ;)

The story goes that little Shotgun Red was found in a Minnesota hobby shop by Steve Hall in 1980. (If you ask Shotgun, he might tell the tale vice versa!) Whichever you believe, Red became the emcee for Steve's band. From there, the group's path to stardom began. After winning a "Battle of the Bands" contest in 1982, the band traveled to Nashville for the final competition. While in Music City, Steve and Red "crashed" country broadcast legend Ralph Emery's morning show. Ralph instantly took a liking to the quick witted Shotgun Red and asked him (with his right hand man, Steve, of course,) to come back to Nashville and be a guest with him on TNN's new flagship series, "Nashville Now!" The rest is history.

Shotgun Red was a regular member of the "Nashville Now!" cast for over ten years. He also appeared for ten years on one of country music's most successful syndicated and cable network TV programs, Hee Haw, and even hosted TNN's first music video show, "Country Clips," for six years. In all this time, Steve Hall has remained with the Shotgun Red Band and performed as their leading man on the General Jackson Showboat in Nashville for over twelve years and more than 3500 shows.

boatto5er
03-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Great job Jim. I remember now where I saw him. It was on the General Jackson, the paddlewheeler that does (at least did?) local cruises on the river in nashville. The dock was just off the Opryland parking lot. He was very funny.

jbeletti
03-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Hey all you early arrivers!

Please consider joining us Wednesday evening at the KOA Barn for an exciting performance by:

Kenny and the Krooners

They perform a variety of music from the 50s and 60s. See below for more detail on the show.

This is an each pays his own event and the cost is $10 per person, payable at the door.

You may bring your own beverages (soft or hard) to this event. As this event is held on-site, it's a great opportunity to have a really nice evening without going off-campus.

There is no pre-sign-up for this event. I've told the KOA that we'll likely bring at least a hundred Heartlanders to it. Doors open at 6:30 and the show starts at 7:00 pm.

If you loved the “Fabulous Fifties” and this unforgettable music then relive it again with Nashville’s only Oldies Show; starring Kenny & The Krooners. This show takes great pride in presenting the music and the mood in the most authentic style of any show of its kind. Every song must meet the detailed scrutiny of 50’s teen-ager and leader of the show Kenny Earl of Kenny & The Krooners.

Kenny came to Nashville in 1968 pursuing a career in country music. After several records, some being on MGM, he decided to go back to his urban St. Louis roots and form Kenny & The Krooners to present the music of his youth. The show was formed in 1985.

This is a full production show with Kenny, two lovely ladies and a four- piece band. All the performers have several costume changes depicting the “Fabulous Fifties”. The show will surprise you in presenting tunes that you probably won’t hear in any other 50’s show, also those you might hope to hear like The Platters, Buddy Holly, Connie Francis, etc. We in Nashville are very proud of our Country Music Heritage and we demonstrate that with our tribute to Patsy Cline, who was country and pop in the mid 50’s and 60’s.

If you would like to go back to that memorable time once again we promise we’ll take you via the “Oldies Show”, starring Kenny & The Krooners every Wednesday at 7:00 pm March thru November. From Doo-Wop to Rock-a-Billy to the great love songs, this is the ultimate 50’s show.

So when you come to Nashville, let us take you on this unforgettable trip back to the “Fabulous Fifties”

Link to their website (http://www.nashvilleoldies.com/overview.html)

jbeletti
03-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Steve told me he did 5,280 shows on the General Jackson. Look at his tour schedule on his site - the guy is all over the place. I didn't have the budget for his full-band and show (BIG bucks) but we are going to have a great time just the same from the way he described the show to me. He'll have merchandise available at the show too (DVDs etc.).

Jim

shovelguy
04-02-2010, 08:57 PM
We are getting excited about the rally and our trip out to Tenn. We will be leaving home May 17th and making lots of stops before we get to Nashville. Does any one know how to find out who will be playing at the Grand Ole Opry the night we will be there?

loafer
04-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Shovelguy,looks like you are coming in Wed the 14 and Kenny and the Krooners will be there; Looking forward to meeting a fellow West Coaster
Bill

shovelguy
04-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Shovelguy,looks like you are coming in Wed the 14 and Kenny and the Krooners will be there; Looking forward to meeting a fellow West Coaster
Bill

Bill, Are you going to the BC Rally in Merrit in Sept. We talked about it, but we have a big family thing the week end before so it would be a push for us to get up up to Merrit from our home in Oregon. We have stayed in the provincial park on the lake near Merrit a couple of times, never in the RV park the rally will be in. I though we had the "who came the furthest" sewed up until you registered, looks like that one goes to you now. See you in Nashville.

Dean

loafer
04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Hey Dean how are you ?
Sorry i gave you the wrong info on the Grand Ole Opry.Thats whos at the KOA wed night .Didnt read close enough. We havent made our mind up about Merritt yet . We are going on a long trip and might not feel like travelling much after that for awhile .Then again we might just want to get up and go again when we get home for sept rally. We will catch up with you in Nashville and talk to you we might have it figured out by then.
Happy and safe travels
Bill

jbeletti
04-03-2010, 11:20 PM
We won't know who is playing at the Opry until a week or 2 prior to the event. Sorry.

Gonna be country - pretty sure of that :)

Jim

truknutt
04-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Here's the link to the Grand Ole Opry Schedule (http://search2.opry.com/?i=1;page=6;sp_k=opry_events;sp_s=show_actual_date ;view=events). As Jim stated, the Artists will be determined as they are confirmed.

"Attention: The lineup for each Grand Ole Opry show is not completely finished until just a few days before the show, so it is impossible to post the weekly schedule far in advance. Artists are posted to this section as soon as appearances are confirmed (artists and schedule subject to change). Plan to check back often, as most times artists’ appearances are not confirmed until one to two weeks prior to the show date."

kaxel
04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Sometimes performers not scheduled show up - and surprise the audience! Always fun at the Opry!

Kay

We won't know who is playing at the Opry until a week or 2 prior to the event. Sorry.

Gonna be country - pretty sure of that :)

Jim

jbeletti
04-25-2010, 11:20 PM
There are 2 openings for the Nashville rally. If you were on the fence or if you found it SOLD-OUT and did not wait list - now is the time to grab a spot :)

Rally registration link (http://www.regonline.com/2010nashville)

Also, if you live nearby and want to join us without your RV, rates have been added to the rally registration site for that. $100 for club members (2 persons) and $125 for non-members (2 persons).

Jim

shovelguy
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
I see on the news that the Cumberland river is now flooding parts of downtown Nashville, and from the Nashville KOA website that they are now closed due to flooding. That's a real bummer for those affected.

SmokeyBare
05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Dean,

We were at Nashville KOA on May 22 for 3 nights. It rained some while we were in the Park. Yes the lower section does have risk of getting wet.

On a good note... We have 2 Months for the water to drain away and the park get open once again. I doubt this is the first time they have closed because of water. That said, having 15 inches of rain in a such a short time span would cause most locations problems !! Sure hope those staying in all the RV Parks were able to get out with out damage to them. Nashville KOA does have an area that is on the high side of the park, on the left side of the drive going into the Park. Sorry, I didn't think to ask which location was for the Heartland Rally. Lets just hope the hard working staff of Nashville KOA will have the park in tip-top shape for our visit !

campcar
05-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I am camping about 50 miles south of Nashville so we are getting all of the local news. Nothing but flood coverage for the last 60 hours. The Cumberland River which flows through downtown Nashville is expected to crest at a record level this afternoo. The Opryland Hotel, and Opry Mills Shopping Complex, and the KOA are all located along the Cumberland River. This is historic flooding never seen in Nashville. The Opryland Hotel evacuated 1500 guests last night. This morning the local TV showed the hotel and grand ole opry. The hotel has five to eight feet of water in the buildings. Unless you are here you don't yet understand the disaster that is being inflicted on Nashville.

kkamshop
05-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Here's a link to a travel blog written by some folks who are at the Nashville KOA

http://www.travelblog.org/North-America/United-States/Tennessee/Nashville/blog-494758.html

campcar
05-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Flooded Opryland Hotel and Opry Mills shopping complex, and the KOA about a mile away. Everything anywhere near this area is under water because this area sits in a bend of the Cumberland River and is being flooded from both sides. The river is supposed to crest at 12.5 feet above flood stage. The Titans football stadium has four feet of water on the field and historic downtown riverfront area is being flooded including museums and the basketball/hockey arena.8187

jbeletti
05-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Hey all you Heartlanders that are registered for the rally in Nashville and are concerned about the flooding there,

Well, the concern is well founded and I share that concern with you. This morning, I spoke to Jenn Stott from the KOA and she confirmed for me that they were under about 15 feet of water in some parts. She has lost her home on property to water and the office has about waist high water in it.

The water is receding - so that's the good news for today!

It's Fred and Jenn's plan/hope to get on property yet this week to make a damage assessment and business determination. I expect to know more in a week from now.

It is my hope that they will be able to get the mess cleaned up in time for the rally. They have nearly 2-1/2 months. I think it can be done. But they need to assess equipment damage and recovery capability.

So please hang in there with me. The show will go on - even if we have to move it elsewhere in the area. Let's hope the KOA can resurrect itself. They will be in dire need our our economic impact. They entire city will be. Let's show them Heartlanders have a heart :)

Jim

lmcclure
05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
The whole area along there including Opry Land hotel Bass Pro, Camping World is under water. Just and FYI 25 miles east of there on I-40 is Lebanon Tn. The Tennessee Good Sam Clubs are holding a Samboree Next week there and they have not flooded. If the KOA can't get it in shape, The James Ward Agriculture Center might be an alternative. They can hold 250 easy. 30 amp power and water. They have 4 dump sites.

2010augusta
05-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Opry land is expecting the grand ol' opry a and the hotel to be closed for several months. Many of the attractions in the downtown area will have the same problems.

My mother-in-law is in Hickman county, and just got power back today, She has to dry out the basement after 2 feet of water came in the house.

The water in Hickman county is expected to be "tainted" for the next 5-6 weeks.

It is a horrible situation throughout that entire area.

jbeletti
05-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the comments and the insights. I am working hard on contingency planning and just may give the suggested venues a call.

Jim

patsak
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Maybe we could add an extra day and do a volunteer project while we are there. What a great opportunity for us!

patsak
05-04-2010, 06:52 PM
It looks like the Grand Ole Opry will be at the Ryman Auditorium. Evidently it missed the flooding.

Due to heavy flooding throughout parts of Tennessee, including the Grand Ole Opry Entertainment Complex, this week's Grand Ole Opry performances have been moved from the Grand Ole Opry House to other Nashville venues.

The May 4 performance will take place at the War Memorial Auditorium. Weekend performances will move to the historic Ryman Auditorium. Thursday's performance of “Opry Country Classics” will remain at the Ryman Auditorium as previously scheduled. Show times for all shows remain at 7 p.m.

The Opry House suffered damage as a result of the record-breaking rains and subsequent flooding in Nashville. The last time the Opry had to relocate was in 1975 to Nashville's Municipal Auditorium, just one year after the opening of the Grand Ole Opry House. That move was also caused by Cumberland River flooding.

mrcomer
05-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey Jim B.,
I think the flood was caused by my wife Linda. She'll do anything to get you to move the date so she can be there too. LOL

Fingers crossed that everything for everyone involved in Nashville works out.

Mark

jbeletti
05-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Maybe we could add an extra day and do a volunteer project while we are there. What a great opportunity for us!

Been thinking about that. As I track the progress at the KOA, I may well offer us up for a service project.

Jim

mrcomer
05-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Count me in.

Nabo
05-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Hi Jim - if the KOA doesn't get back up and running by July and you are looking for a location - how about River Plantation in Sevierville, TN. It's a little over 3.5 hours east of the Nashville location and not that far off of I-40. There are over 295 full hookup site and it also has a conference center. The area has a lot to offer including the new Titanic museum which just opened up. The website is www.riverplantationrv.com (http://www.riverplantationrv.com). We are also heading to Tennessee Good Sam's Samboree next weekend at James Ward Ag Center which is where Lee McClure suggested. As of right now, we have not received word that the site had been flooded or received damage. Good luck.

GETnBYE
05-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I have to second on River Plantation, that is our favorite place to camp. Not sure if they have a meeting building and they may be booked for July by now.

jbeletti
05-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the idea on River Plantation in Sevierville, TN. I continue to work on a contingency plan. Goal 1 of that plan keeps us all in Nashville. So far, planning is going well.

Jim

lmcclure
05-06-2010, 10:46 AM
We have talked to the fair grounds in Lebabon Tennessee about the Spring Samboree next week there and everything is a go. The fairgrounds are in great shape as they only had a lot of water and no flooding. I will leave Harrison on Saturday to start getting it ready along with all of the State Staff. If I can do anything to help out feel free to contact me.

meandg
05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
I think the move to river plantation would be nice.

jbeletti
05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
RALLY UPDATE for 11-June: See the most recent updates in red font below

Hey all,

I want everyone to know that I have canceled my contingency plan for this event, as it's no longer needed. I do have some updates (red font below). I also sent an email update out to all registered attendees.

VENUE:
5-5: This is the largest obstacle. The KOA was hit very hard. I am waiting for an update from the owners. When I spoke to them last, it was grim as they were completely flooded out. It is my goal to stick with the KOA if at all possible. They will need us and we selected them because they had the only workable rally hall - so we need them too. I do have a contract on my desk for another area campground and will pull the trigger on that if need be. Trouble is - no rally hall. So still working through other options for halls.

5-8: Today I learned the following:

All calls to the toll-free number for the Nashville KOA are now routed to the Okeechobee, FL KOA. That KOA is handling reservations for them. So be aware in the event you are calling to check on anything or change anything
KOA corporate is on-site at the Nashville KOA and is coordinating the clean-up effort
The local power utility has been on-property and has replaced several transformers in their effort to restore power to the CG very soon
The current plan is to have some number of sites ready for use the first week of June as they continue to work on the remainder of the sites, the music barn, the office, the Kabins etc.

5-10: Today I learned the following:

Spoke directly with the KOA Regional VP who is on-site at the Nashville KOA as part of the restoration assessment team
The water is now gone
Power is restored to portions of the KOA
100 30-amp, full-hookup, back-in sites are currently available for general use
The office (A-frame) and Music Barn are damaged and are being evaluated now. In the next few days, I expect to receive an estimated time-frame on reopening the Music Barn

5-25: I learned the following today

Spoke directly with the KOA Regional VP who is on-site at the Nashville KOA as part of the restoration assessment team
Power is restored to even more of the KOA
The temporary office is in place and is operational
The KOA is now taking their own calls

The office (A-frame) and Music Barn interiors have been gutted and await environmental testing
The KOA is very hopeful the Music Barn will be open around July 1

GRAND OLE OPRY:
5-5: While the Opry is currently not usable, the show goes on! I spoke to the Opry today and they confirmed that the Opry will be held for us and the location is TBD. Many of us have already read online and heard on the news that the various programs that go on at the Opry complex, continue to go on, around town at less or unaffected facilities, including the original Grand Ole Opry building, the Ryman Auditorium. Personally, I think it would be quite nostalgic if we end up at the Ryman.

6-10: Spoke to the Group Sales Team today and they confirmed that we will see the Grand Ole Opry at the original Grand Ole Opry building, the Ryman Auditorium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryman_Auditorium). I am working on plans for transportation (buses) to/from the Ryman, in that we are not close to it like we were Opryland and in that there is little parking downtown, especially for 80 trucks :)
6-11: Bus transportation is a GO! Made all the arrangements with Gaylord Entertainment today. Whew - another item complete. Details will be in your rally packets.

CANEY FORK FISH CAMP RESTAURANT:
5-5: This is the location of the early arrivals dinner on Tuesday. They were unaffected. Guess they were "just" out of harms way. I spoke to the manager there at length today and the economy there is just devastated as it relies nearly solely on tourism.

COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME:
5-8: The Country Music Hall of Fame has re-opened from the flooding.

OPRY MILLS SHOPPING CENTER:
5-8: Opry Mills remains closed. It's doubtful it will be open by rally time. Though some of the stores on the edges may be.

Jim

Nabo
05-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the update Jim. I agree that staying in Nashville will help the economy. My only concern is - is it enough time for KOA to get things up and running. There is alot of damage all thru the middle part of the state so repairman will be stretched thin. I have a friend who runs a resturant repair/supply company in Nashville (which wasn't damaged by the floods) and they already are feeling extreme pressure to get equipment up and running for business that were flooded. Got my fingers crossed. Oh by the way - the house we used to live in Brentwood was totally destroyed.

truknutt
05-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Thanks for your efforts to keep us up to date, Jim.

On a personal note; Nona arrived in Nashville on Sunday for a week long conference at the Opryland Hotel & Convention Center. Needless to say she and her sidekick never made it as the Hotel's evacuation was in high gear as they touched down at the airport. She was able to book the last room at the Airport Marriott until they left on Tuesday.

Phonecalls were made from Dulles Int'l on Sunday to confirm that the conference was still a go before she boarded. "It is still on", said the Convention Center. Upon landing in Nashville another call was made to the Center after Nona's rental car was denied due to the road conditions. "Still on" says the Center while another representative is on the phone with the Convention Center at the same time learning that school buses are being loaded with Hotel guests to be shipped off to a high school gym for temporary shelter. Nona feels she dodged a bullet on that one 'cause "Momma don't do Army cots, anymore!"

We hope we can still have the Rally in Nashville even though the venues may not all be up and running. It's our comaraderie and of course, food that these rallies are all about, isn't it? Some of you out there are all the entertainment I need...I was at last year's event as proof!!

dieselengineer
05-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Truknutt

I remember someone with a real big cowboy hat last year. Now that was entertainment!

truknutt
05-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Truknutt

I remember someone with a real big cowboy hat last year. Now that was entertainment!

Yeah, Yeah, yeah! My table turned on me!!

jimtoo
05-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Yeah,,, and I think I remember someone in a skirt......and it was not a female with nice legs....:D

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/jimtoo/HeartlandRally09072.jpg

At least not in my opinion.:D..but at least it was some entertainment.... I guess...:D

Jim M

boatto5er
05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
My eyes, my eyes!

jimtoo
05-06-2010, 08:14 PM
THAT PIC IS WITH THE SKIRT ON THE WAY DOWN.... You should see the one with it UP>>>>> I will not post it here....:D

cookie
05-06-2010, 09:18 PM
But Jim, you said he had nice legs. :):):)

Peace
Dave

jimtoo
05-06-2010, 09:40 PM
WHAT???? "and it was not a female with nice legs (or anything else)...." Dave,,, That does not say "HE" or "HIM" anyplace..... REREAD,,,,, ...and IT was not a female with nice legs....:D :D

Geezzz,,, You gotta spell out everything for some people??? :confused:

But we had fun last year and will again this year!! Good Friends and Good Food, Good Fellowship...

Jim M

cookie
05-06-2010, 09:49 PM
But we had fun last year and will again this year!! Good Friends and Good Food, Good Fellowship...

Jim M

Yes indeed.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
05-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah,,, and I think I remember someone in a skirt......and it was not a female with nice legs....:D

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/jimtoo/HeartlandRally09072.jpg

At least not in my opinion.:D..but at least it was some entertainment.... I guess...:D

Jim M

K2 is not registered for Nashville :( Gonna miss that crazy Scottsman! And Elaine too. And the Yorkies. Dang it - someone go to Branson to twist his arm about going! We are full today. Had 2 openings last week. The registration site has a great waitlist feature. Sign up and get immediately notified of an opening. And there will be more openings. I have had maybe 5 cancels so far. I expect up to 7 more before rally time.

Jim

jbeletti
05-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Nashville rally updates for May 8 have been made in red font in post 141 in this thread.

Jim

jbeletti
05-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Nashville rally updates for May 10 have been made in red font in post 141 in this thread.

Jim

jbeletti
05-10-2010, 02:54 PM
An email update was just sent out by me to all 126 registered rally rigs. Here's a link to it (https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/emailviewer.aspx?eventid=793011&aid=&emailid=5eQ1cygVaQU=&typeid=9&themeid=-1) for those who are interested or have not yet seen the email.

Jim

kkamshop
05-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Jim, you're doing a great job of keeping everyone informed of the campground situation - this has to be causing a few gray hairs!!! Anyway, the updates are much appreciated.

jbeletti
05-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks K&K. Spending a lot if time ascertaining statuses and making contingency plans. If needed, I will fly to Nashville in the next couple weeks to ensure a successful rally.

jbeletti
05-12-2010, 07:52 AM
To anyone who is tracking this rally but is not yet registered, good news for you!

We had a cancellation this week and that has opened up 1 rally spot for you! Click here to register (http://www.regonline.com/2010nashville).

And later, for anyone who's plans change such that they are now able to attend this rally, if you go to the site to register and it's sold out, please sign up on that page for the Wait List. It works well and it will email you when a spot becomes available. You will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to register, otherwise the wait list moves on to the next name on the list.

Jim

wdk450
05-13-2010, 09:31 AM
This paragraph from another RV website, on another topic:
"Since our dealer is only about a mile from the Opry House which suffered so much damage in the floods last week, I was glad that the only damage I suffered was to my hip pocket for replacing the skylight. The KOA just down the road from them still had a number of RV's sitting around that obviously had water almost to the roof."

osims
05-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Not much talk about the rally in the last week are so. Hopefully another KOA update will be coming soon. We are starting to get excited about heading to Nashville.
Bill

Nabo
05-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Was in Lebanon, TN this past weekend for a Good Sam's Samboree and ran over to the KOA and Camping World (didn't get any water damage). The KOA people are working real hard to get things up and running. The office building has been totally gutted (all the interior walls removed) and they are in the process of rebuilding. Could not see how badly the Music Hall was damaged but tables, chairs and part of what looked like a stage was in the yard so I guess rebuilding is going on in there as well. One Aerostream trailer which was totally underwater was destroyed as well as another 5th wheel - those were the only 2 rigs left on site. The construction crew would not let us stop and walk around, which is understandable, but it looks like about 2/3rd of the campgrounds was underwater. I will give them a big E for effort cuz there were a bunch of construction people doing all kinds of things. At the rate they are working, it looks like the Rally will go on. :)
B--

shovelguy
05-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Not much talk about the rally in the last week are so. Hopefully another KOA update will be coming soon. We are starting to get excited about heading to Nashville.
Bill

We are so excited about this rally that we have been on the road to the rally for a week now. We have made it all the way to Wyoming! See you all soon.

Dean

Recovered from 25-May-2010
05-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Nashville rally updates for May 25 have been made in red font in post 141 in this thread.

Jim

truknutt
05-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the continuing updates, Jim. Guess it's time to start working on the "Tennessee Twang"!! 50 and a wakeup!!!

05-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Hey Jim,
Thanks for the information/updates and we will seeing ya, along with the rest of our gang!
Mike

loafer
05-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the updates Jim good news we like it . We are now in the Maritimes of Canada after coming across and will be dropping down onto the east coast of the USA and over to Marks Ohio rally and then to Nashville
50 days and counting
see Yall then
Bill and Maureen

GETnBYE
05-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Hey Jim,
Glad to hear the good news about the KOA in Nashville getting up and running again.
I "as usual" have a question.
For the life of me, I can't find the email or post with the dates of when we will go to the Grand Ole Opry, or any of the other things I might need to show up for! LOL
Can you please direct me to this info.?
Thanks so much for all your hard work.
Nita

jimtoo
05-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi Wayne,,,,

Try this one. (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/9279-EVENT-Heartland-International-Rally-TN-Nashville-*-7-15-2010-to-07-18-2010?p=66440)

Jim M

05-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey gang,

On the rally notice thread, I added an Agenda link. Since the link will not change, I am adding it here too. Click me for the agenda (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/2010_agenda.pdf)!

I am working on some final items. When those fall into place, the agenda will be updated and an email sent to all registered attendees.

Thanks,

Jim

05-28-2010, 10:03 PM
There are a couple of spaces left for this rally. If you are interested, click here to register (http://www.regonline.com/2010nashville) :)

Jim

rbloom
06-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Hey Jim - we're new to rallies of this scale - on the scheduled pot luck dinner - how many should the dish that we bring need to be able to feed? And what are we supposed to bring - appetizer, main course or dessert? Thanks in advance.

06-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Oh, I'd say a dish to serve 8 would be great. RVers can eat :)

Del600
06-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Jim,

Do you have details on this yet?

9 to 4 pm Seminars, Presentations and Meetings
(see details in separate schedule)

06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Jim,

Do you have details on this yet?

9 to 4 pm Seminars, Presentations and Meetings
(see details in separate schedule)

Mark,

Not yet but very soon.

Jim

06-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Great news:

I spoke to the Group Sales Team today and they confirmed that we will see the Grand Ole Opry at the original Grand Ole Opry building, the Ryman Auditorium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryman_Auditorium). I am working on plans for transportation (buses) to/from the Ryman, in that we are not close to it like we were Opryland and in that there is little parking downtown, especially for 80 trucks :)

Jim

jnbhobe
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Hey Jim; maybe its cheaper to rent a parking lot downtown?? LOL

katkens-DW
06-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Jim, IS THE MAN!!!!! This is going to be a GREAT RALLY!!! Thanks Jim for all your hard work!! Kathy

GETnBYE
06-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Jim, Thank goodness you are doing a bus. I am so excited to get to go to the Ryman, but I have been in a situation in the past and had to walk FOREVER to get where we were going, there is NO parking downtown at all. I had already thought that we were going to take a taxi if we had to drive it.
Nita

Great news:

I spoke to the Group Sales Team today and they confirmed that we will see the Grand Ole Opry at the original Grand Ole Opry building, the Ryman Auditorium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryman_Auditorium). I am working on plans for transportation (buses) to/from the Ryman, in that we are not close to it like we were Opryland and in that there is little parking downtown, especially for 80 trucks :)

Jim

iefpro01
06-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Hey I noticed the following arriving on 7-12 traveling from Texas.

sgtbigb1151TXBighorn36107/12/2010
PMCrowley1118TXBighorn3600RL7/12/2010
Terry H1004TXLandmarkPinehurst7/12/2010
TRAVELER071009TXSundance3300SK7/12/2010
jimtoo1003TXBighorn3055RL7/12/2010
Claire Nichols1261TXBighorn3670RL7/12/2010
IEFPRO011494TXBighorn3670RL7/12/2010
osims1041TXLandmarkCape Cod7/12/2010
talley1104TXBighorn3655RD7/12/2010
Dennis1405TXBig Country3250TS7/12/2010

Anyone want to meet up and travel together? My personal email is carl.shea@enternetnow.com. We could all meet some where like Memphis on the 11th and then travel the final leg together... Anyone would be welcome conming from the west of Nashville, not just Texas!

LBallard
06-13-2010, 01:40 PM
We are departing the Tulsa area on 7/11 and plan overnighting at the Tom Sawyer RV park in West Memphis. Arriving the next day for the rally.

jimtoo
06-13-2010, 03:20 PM
We will be leaving Skiatook, OK, on July 8th. Then just take our time to get to Nashville,,,, so we could meet up somewhere around Memphis.

Jim M

iefpro01
06-13-2010, 06:43 PM
Ok - how about we all (the folks traveling from the west to arrive Nashville 7/12) meet at the Tom Sawyer RV park in West Memphis on 7/11? That should make an easy drive into Nashville on the 12th. Be kind of cool a big 'ole caravan!

Carrie and I will be there. So let us know if you are planning to be there as well. Maybe we can all meet for dinner and set-up plans for when we will leave fror Nashville.

iefpro01
06-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Oh Here is the info on the park

Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River RV Park (http://www.tomsawyersrvpark.com/)
www.tomsawyersrvpark.com
1286 South 8th Street
West Memphis, AR 72301-5512
(870) 735-9770

osims
06-13-2010, 07:33 PM
We changed our plans and will be arriving in Nashville on sunday the 11th, or we would meet up in Memphis. Living on the lower Texas louisiana border our best route is I 10 to I 59 in Sliddell to Birmingham and then I 65 north to Nashville.
Bill

tmcran
06-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Is the KOA in Nashville open and going? We were there during the flood at Jellystone and the KOA was under water. We really enjoyed the Jellystone park. They had very good spaces and good long sites. Best catfish I ever ate was at "Cock of the Walk" next to the the KOA.

06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
I LOVE catfish!

Anyway - yes, the KOA is open. They continue to recover each day, opening more and more sites. They are operating out of a temporary office trailer. The A frame office has been gutted as has been the interior of the Music Hall. The renovation of the Music Hall has begun and is slated to be done around July 1. The pool has been reopened.

The rally will go on :)

Jim

mrcomer
06-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Great news. Thanks for the update.

pmmjarrett
06-18-2010, 11:47 PM
I LOVE catfish!

Anyway - yes, the KOA is open. They continue to recover each day, opening more and more sites. They are operating out of a temporary office trailer. The A frame office has been gutted as has been the interior of the Music Hall. The renovation of the Music Hall has begun and is slated to be done around July 1. The pool has been reopened.

The rally will go on :)

Jim

Jim, you just plain love good food.:angel: Good to hear the KOA is recovering.

porthole
06-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Don't know if it was already posted, but a final rally list with names, forum names and site numbers if possible would be really good for those of us with CRS.

cookie
06-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Porthole, go to the rally registration page, click on already registered, sign in and at the bottom of that page is a link to the list of attendees..........I think.
As far as site numbers, I believe that they are assigned by the KOA. Might not be available till we get there.

Peace
Dave

GETnBYE
06-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Porthole, I was sitting here trying to figure out what CRS was and wondering if it was a bad ailment for you to have (feeling bad for you even). THEN, it hit me.....so if it is what I think it is..........I guess I may have it also. LOL
Although, if it is a real ailment, boy will my face be red.
Nita

Don't know if it was already posted, but a final rally list with names, forum names and site numbers if possible would be really good for those of us with CRS.

squaredancers
06-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Hello to All,
This will be our 1st rally..........we are also relatively new RV owners and this will be our first trip more than 200 miles from our home.
We were wonering if there is a schedule for the rally available? And, if so, where we could find it.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Thanks,
Charles and Ruth

06-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Here ya go:

It's a preliminary agenda. I am fine-tuning it now.

Jim

06-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Hey Jim - I'm having trouble with the links. Is it just me or is anyone else having problems.
B--

06-22-2010, 08:28 PM
I just PM'ed Jim

06-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Rally Agenda Here. (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/2010_agenda.pdf)

Jim M

Both work now.

06-22-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks Jimmie :)

Your Welcome Sir.

06-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Hey Jim - I'm having trouble with the links. Is it just me or is anyone else having problems.
B--
We did hot have a problem opening the agenda.

06-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Note to all that the current posted agenda, I have listed next year's 2011 rally date. The date is not correct in the current agenda. The correct 2011 rally date for Goshen, IN is June 15-19, 2011. This has been corrected in my working copy of the agenda and will appear correctly in the next update :)

Jim

squaredancers
06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Will we be able to have keys made for our rig at the Rally.......both for the entry door as well as the basement. None of our local dealers have any blanks.
Thanks,
Ruth and Charles

cookie
06-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Will we be able to have keys made for our rig at the Rally.......both for the entry door as well as the basement. None of our local dealers have any blanks.
Thanks,
Ruth and Charles
I doubt it, unless you go to Camping World next door to the KOA.
If all else fails, check THIS (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARD-FIND-RV-KEY-BLANKS-PLUS-AUTO-HOME-ETC-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bc33053fQQitemZ11053 1642687QQptZMotorsQ5fRVQ5fTrailerQ5fCamperQ5fParts Q5fAccessories) out.

Peace
Dave

06-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Thanks,
Ruth and Charles

Chuck and Ruth,

No service work at all will be performed at this rally. Sorry. I will be the only Heartland employee there and I represent the Heartland Owners Club. Consider calling our Customer Service Department today to see if they can assist you - 877-262-8032.

See you in Nashville.

Jim

porthole
06-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Porthole, I was sitting here trying to figure out what CRS was and wondering if it was a bad ailment for you to have (feeling bad for you even). THEN, it hit me.....so if it is what I think it is..........I guess I may have it also. LOL
Although, if it is a real ailment, boy will my face be red.
Nita

Can't Remember Stuff (or fill in your own 3rd word)

06-28-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi gang,

I am looking for a Rally Photo Coordinator for Nashville. See the requirements at the link below. Email me if you are interested, have the card readers and the hard disk space.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15773-Rally-Volunteer-Opportunities

porthole
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
email sent

07-03-2010, 07:20 AM
Hey y'all,

I've update the Agenda and the Seminars, Presentations & Meetings Schedule.

Seminars, Presentations & Meetings Schedule (click here) (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2010/2010_Seminars-Presentations-Meetings.pdf)

I also pushed a fairly comprehensive email out to each rally attendee. I'll reprint that email below.

Jim

NASHVILLE RALLY UPDATE

July 2, 2010

Hi Jim,

Only 13 more days to rally time! Sooner for those of you arriving early - or WAY early :)

I have a couple quick announcements:

The latest Rally Agenda is attached. I don't anticipate much change to it by rally time. A final version of it will be included in your rally packets which will be distributed starting Tuesday the week of the rally. So the attachment is more of a heads up as to how it's lining out

The Seminars, Presentations and Meetings Schedule is also attached. Here too, I don't anticipate much change to it by rally time. A final version of it will be included in your rally packets which will be distributed starting Tuesday the week of the rally. So the attachment is more of a heads up as to how it's lining out

And a few words about related matters:

VENUE UPDATE
The KOA continues to progress well in their renovation. I'm actually excited about seeing the changes/improvements since I first scouted it in March 2009

FOOD BANK VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY (//heartlandowners.org/17023-Heartland-Volunteers-in-the-Volunteer-State-at-a-Food-Bank)
I was over-joyed with the response to the call for volunteers for working at the Food Bank on Wednesday morning, the week of the rally. I need to look at that thread in the morning but I am pretty sure we reached our goal of 35 volunteers and 4 alternates. And all in 24 hours. Heartlanders are the best - thank you! See Kimball and Alice Gillette on Tuesday to go over details and to hand in your Group Member Agreement form.

FOOD DRIVE
I have asked the KOA to begin accepting donations from campers there starting this holiday weekend. So that will be a nice bonus. I have set a goal of 250 items just from Heartlanders during our stay. I know we can do this. A flier is attached and will be included in your rally packet with a list of "most needed items".

RIG WEIGHING
Eighteen rigs are already signed up for this. We are well behind last year's pace for this. If you are contemplating having your rig weighed, now is the time to have it done. And it will be best to have it done "as you arrive" at the KOA, while you are still hooked up. Here's a link to the sign-up form (http://www.heartlandowners.misc.php?do=form&fid=4).

GRAND OLE OPRY
I have the tickets! We are at the Ryman Auditorium on the lower (main) level. We are in 7 of the 8 sections. We are back of the premium cost seating. Each rig will receive tickets for each person that is signed up for your rig. Generally, this is 2 people so 2 tickets. Though we have a fair number of rigs with 3 and 4 people signed up, hence 3 and 4 tickets. If you are bringing people with you in your rig that "are not already signed up", I need to know about this. I need their first and last name, their shirt size and your approval to charge the $50 per person extra fee to cover the rally happenings for each extra person. The artists for our evening have been posted on the Opry website. We will be seeing Mel Tillis (http://www.opry.com/artists/t/Tillis_Mel.html) and Kenyon Lockry (http://www.kenyonlockry.com/) We have bus transportation arranged from the KOA to the Ryman and back. Your tickets will be in an envelope in your rally packets which will be distributed starting Tuesday the week of the rally.

KENNY AND THE KOONERS
If you are arriving Wednesday or earlier, join us for some fun with Kenny and the Krooners at the Music Hall at the KOA. $10 per person and okay to bring your own drinks. More about their show (//heartlandowners.org/13791-2010-International-Heartland-Owners-Rally-Discussion?p=113370&viewfull=1#post113370).

CANEY FORK FISH CAMP RESTAURANT
For those of you who pre-paid for this early arrivals dinner event on Tuesday evening, we're still a go. I have printed tickets for each of you. Some of us will be in the private party room and others will be in a section just outside the room. For those of you who were unable to get in on this limited seating event, I urge you to consider joining us. 'll try to work it out with the manager so they know those with tickets are paid by me as they are pre-paid and those without tickets pay for their dinner that night. Let's have some fun - and their corn fritters are out of this world!

COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME
Though not part of the rally, your visit to Nashville will be incomplete without a visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame. Country Music not being my first choice of music style, I must say that I was IMPRESSED when I toured this place last year. And the Williams Family Legacy Exhibit (http://www.countrymusichalloffame.org/current/view/family-tradition-the-williams-family-legacy) (Hank Sr, Hank Jr, and Jett etc.) is fabulous. Plan around 2 hours for this place. I was there for 40 minutes on a bus tour of Nashville and nearly ran through the place.

FULL-TIMING DISCUSSION just added
We just added a "Full-timing" discussion (//heartlandowners.org/17072-Full-timing-discussion-to-be-held-at-rally) to the Meetings schedule. So if you fill-time in your RV now or are contemplating it for the future, consider attending this session. Marv/Karen Osborn and Gregg (Mac)/Lynnette McHenry will be hosting this session.

LIPPERT RALLY PROMO
Lippert has received a great response to the rally promos I asked them to put together for us (see attachment). A dozen rally attendees have appointments for LevelUp and some of them have already been to Goshen to have it put on! Another dozen have ordered the TrailAir pin box with Tri-Glide. I have to say that Lippert exceeded my expectations on pricing on all the upgrades I asked for in this promo and I am pleased that so many have taken them up on it. I also want to clarify for those wondering, the dates listed for the promo are not the installed by dates. Those are the offer dates. If you cannot schedule an install by the promo end date but can still do so within a reasonable period of time thereafter, then your good to go - just call Jonathan at the number on the promo to discuss.

FINAL UPDATE?
This may be the last update I put out on the rally. If you feel I have forgotten to pass something along to all attendees, please mention it as a reply in this rally discussion thread (//heartlandowners.org/13791-2010-International-Heartland-Owners-Rally-Discussion?p=122511&viewfull=1#post122511). That way, others will benefit from the question/issue and answer/response.

See you in Nashville!

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

jim.beletti@heartlandrvs.com
574-333-1153

Attachments:

2010_agenda.pdf (https://www.regonline.com/custImages/252361//2010_agenda.pdf)
2010_Seminars-Presentations-Meetings.pdf (https://www.regonline.com/custImages/252361//2010_Seminars-Presentations-Meetings.pdf)
Lippert_Promo_Heartland_Nashville_2010.pdf (https://www.regonline.com/custImages/252361//Lippert_Promo_Heartland_Nashville_2010.pdf)
Flier_Food_Drive.pdf (https://www.regonline.com/custImages/252361//Flier_Heartland_Volunteers_Nashville.pdf)

This email communication was sent by:
Heartland Owners Club
1001 All Pro Drive
Elkhart, IN 46514

tom
07-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Can tickets for the Wednesday Kenny ... show be ordered, or reserved, before arrival at the KOA?

07-04-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't think so Tom. Purchase on-site only so far as I know.

iefpro01
07-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Has anyone considered asking a local RV repair facility to do installation services while we are there - bet they could make a lot of business just on the Lippert items installation...

iefpro01
07-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I had posted this a while back - but I thought I would update. For the folks traveling from the west; Tom Sawyer RV park in West Memphis is a great gathering spot for the final push into Nashville.
www.tomsawyersrvpark.com
1286 South 8th Street
West Memphis, AR 72301-5512
(870) 735-9770

A few of us are already meeting on the 11th for a convoy into Nashville on the 12th. I am in Site 99, I know for sure one other couple is in site 96. Let us know if you are going to be there and we can all travel into Nashville together... Also feel free to do other dates guys! Tom Sawyer does klnow about the group, so just let them know you are part of the AHeartland group going to Nashville and they will try to get everyone close together.

BTW this park is really cool, if you like to sit and watch the Mississippi river trafic go by...

porthole
07-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Hey y'all,

I've update the Agenda and the Seminars, Presentations & Meetings Schedule.

page 1 of 1
page 2 of 2
page 3 of 3
page 4 of 4

Heard enough with CRS and then you go an throw a curve ball in.

Took me 45 minutes to get through all the pages ....................................

pmmjarrett
07-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi All,

I'm crashing the party with the new haul and tow truck. Should get into town late on the 14 and can be there all day on the 15th........ Unless JB kicks me out. Beyond this is up in the air for me right now.

OK..... So what do I need to bring for the Pot Luck dinner, Little Debby snacks, Tater chips, burger king or order a pizza...... I may be pretty good at making stuff out of metal but I'm pretty sure nobody wants me cooking. My cooking skills stop with a microwave burito or tossing a can of pork and beans on the turbocharger LOL

07-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Has anyone considered asking a local RV repair facility to do installation services while we are there - bet they could make a lot of business just on the Lippert items installation...

No repairs at this rally. We will have minor service work next year in Goshen

Jim

07-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Mike,

You are welcome to the rally as my invited guest. Pickup a pie or some such at the store - done deal :)

Jim

pmmjarrett
07-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Mike,

You are welcome to the rally as my invited guest. Pickup a pie or some such at the store - done deal :)

Jim

Mmmmmmm Pie, great idea. Even I can't mess that one up. I'm all over it.

See, Jim doesn't even want to test my cooking skills on the turbocharger.. The plastic wrap always melts to the burritos and the hot dogs taste like diesel fuel.. There must be a reason that we go to a diner when we see each other on rare occasion in Elkhart. I do pretty good warming pizza up with a cutting torch though. I don't even burn the paper towel it's sitting on. The welding rod oven does a pretty good job of warming up a ham and swiss cheese samich too.

See y'all there.

Thanks for the Invitation Jim.

mrcomer
07-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Hey! Did someone say PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iefpro01
07-07-2010, 10:02 AM
We now have 4 Rvs in our Monday convoy from the Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis to Nashville! More are welcome!

WHOOHOO! It's gonna be a party! BTW JB, don't you go calling the TN State patrol, tellin on us and to be on the look out.... Cause we will be singing rubber ducky all the way!

Ray LeTourneau
07-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey! Did someone say PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark! Does it really matter??? Any mention of any type of food and our members lose all other lines of thought. I'm just sayin...

iefpro01
07-07-2010, 11:43 AM
DID someone say FOOD?!?

SmokeyBare
07-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Rally Pot Luck Meals can hold lasting Memories.... Yum.....

iefpro01
07-07-2010, 01:00 PM
NUM-NUMS!

gettin closer and closer - washed the rig yesterday - packing today...

Randy
07-12-2010, 07:01 PM
The convoy from Georgia will leave about 9 tomorrow morning. It looks like it might be a very short convoy.
Santha and I should be there about 1 pm. See all of you tomorrow.. Randy

MrsSouthernNights
07-13-2010, 09:36 PM
Larry and I started out at 6:30 this morning, drove and had intentions of staying overnight at about half way! Well - here we sit at Nashville!
We decided since the new F350 was such a great riding truck we just came on in! We arrived around 3:30 pm - long ride but glad we're here!
About an hour away from the campground we "passed" Dave and Julie!
Already met several new folks - so looking forward to a great time this week!
Eric, Dorothy, Gus, Deb, Phil, Becky, Pete and Deb - Ya'll hurry and git here!!!!!!
Gonna miss John and Deb, Terry and Renee, but they are sitting on the coast chillin and soaking up the suns rays!

porthole
07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Little more then halfway at a Wytheville, VA KOA.

Pesky sensors are acting up on the DMax and without good signals she doesn't like the hills

Should be in Nashville before 5 - definitely before dark. But if not I can try out my latest mid-atlantic reverse lights.

dbylinski
07-14-2010, 05:34 AM
John and I want to wish everone a safe trip and a great rally.

Sam, we'll miss you too pal! If you seem to be getting hugged for no reason don't be alarmed, it's just our HL friends following instructions to give everyone hugs for us.
We are soaking up rays on the beach, but a mama's gotta do what a mama's gotta do and we'll be going to visit the kid in VA.

Duane, hope all is well with your TV and congrats on your planned daylight arrival!

mjatwalker
07-14-2010, 05:55 AM
Safe travels everyone, Have a great rally.

MrsSouthernNights
07-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Thanks Deb have fun in the sun! Do your kid visit and be safe going home!
Mike and Ann, we miss you guys here! Pete and Deb got here awhile ago....Phil and Becky, Eric and Dorothy should be here soon! Its filling up!
50's & 60's DOO WOP TONIGHT!!! WOOOO HOOO! (jitterbugger heaven!) I just like the music!
LOTS OF BIG HORNS!!!! But I love my BIG COUNTRY!!!!!!!! :)

truknutt
07-15-2010, 06:59 AM
He's here, he's here! I just saw pmmjarret drive by in his new RV toter!

Ray LeTourneau
07-16-2010, 07:03 AM
I talked with Mike for a bit yesterday. Looking at the rig up close and personal sure puts it a lot more in perspective compared to the little pictures in the post. Very impressive work.

loafer
07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
Mike is a fabricating genius his new rig looks great I too was impressed to see it in person hard to get the jist of it withsmall pics on the net.
thunder and just starting to rain here at 2:30 pm friday. Rumour has it that Joe Biden is going to be at the Ryman tonite security will be super tight.
But we are going to have fun anyway nobody can spoil our Rally fun
Rockin at the Rally in Nashville
wish you were all here
Bill

SmokeyBare
07-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I tried to follow up on that rumor.

Best I could find on the news web sites was he was scheduled to visit the Flood damaged Opry House. We shall see if that visit also included the Ryman Theater later in the day. Thank goodness were being bused to the theater ! Parking downtown is often difficult enough for the average vehicle... let alone our Big Boy Trucks.

Marv

porthole
07-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Rumour has it that Joe Biden is going to be at the Ryman tonite security will be super tight.
But we are going to have fun anyway nobody can spoil our Rally fun
Rockin at the Rally in Nashville
wish you were all here
Bill

Hope its just a rumor :confused:

jimtoo
07-16-2010, 11:04 PM
It appears it was.... he toured the new place that was damaged in the flood and as far as the staff that I talked to at the Ryman had heard that he was coming,,, but no special alert happened...... as far as we know.

Del600
07-17-2010, 01:43 PM
He was the keynote speaker at last night's Democratic fundraiser......... Him and Al Gore lit up the night:rolleyes:

07-17-2010, 04:27 PM
To everyone who had a part putting on the Nashville Rally:

Thank you for all your hard work. From the golf cart ride service to the food, everything was great. Very good seminars, especially the full timing seminar.
Of course the biggest enjoyment for Sam and I was seeing old friends and making new ones.

Thanks to everyone who came and enjoyed the rally....it wouldn't be a rally without the great Heartland People.

cdbMidland
07-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Many, many thanks to Jim and his staff of volunteers, to the seminar presenters, to the vendors, to the caterers, to the great entertainment on Saturday night and especially to Heartland RVs for one great international rally. When we weren't chasing down repairs to our truck and rig, we thoroughly enjoyed this rally. Looking forward to Goshen in 2011

PSF513
07-19-2010, 01:38 PM
We made it home about 12:30 this afternoon.

I have to agree with Southern Nights, everyone who helped did a great job. JIM BELETTI: You did a GREAT JOB! I found out while out looking around that Jim had an ulterior motive for bringing us to Nashville. Not far from the Nashville KOA was the HEARTLAND NURSING HOME. 9422

HowardBJr
07-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Kathy, my mother and I really enjoyed the rally. Jim and all the volunteers did a great job. We cannot wait until 2011!

With Kathy's and my mother's mobility issues we were not able to circulate as much as we would have liked. In addition we had a MAJOR problem with little Rosie our 10 year old 5# Yorkie. We just about lost her. Wednesday night she fell from the head of the air bed and hit the metal frame of the bed. She ruptured a disk in her back and was completely paralyzed. We took her to a veterinarian Thursday. He put her on steroids, pain medicine and an antibiotic. She had a bad reaction to the antibiotic Thursday night and we just about lost her Thursday night from that in addition to her total paralysis. She got to the point of only being able to use her tongue. We hand fed and hydrated her.

Debbie Clause, who does animal rescue work, was a BIG help especially in helping Kathy deal with what was going on with Rosie. Debbie make contact with her friend who helped advise us on treatments. The veterinarian said it might take 6 weeks to determine if she would get any function back if she lived.

Now to the good news. Sunday night when we returned from worship she was able to stand! She wants to walk but we are taking that slow so as not to cause more damage to her spinal column from a fall by trying to walk. She is eating and drinking and her kidneys are functioning. So it looks like she will make it. We're thankful for that. We bought our rig so that she could easily travel with us. It would be a shame if we had lost her after her being able to use "her" rig only 3 months.

A special thanks to Debbie, Don, Cindy and others who supported us during this crisis.

iforget
07-19-2010, 11:35 PM
I just returned from spending the evening enjoying downtown Nashville. First thing, I see that Howard posted and am jumping with joy and thanks that I read such a promising post. If I could dance a jig, I would be doing that. Sweet Rosie! I am happy I was able to help Kathy and Rosie in the little way I did along with all the others. I wasnt trying to be nosey, I just felt I had to go see Kathy and see if I could help in any way. When I offer help or assistance I dont expect others to always listen but this time it ended with a great report. I coulnt even sleep without giving them my cell number..
Rosey honey, take it slow and I know mommy, daddy and grandma are keeping you well and the future looks great!! Keep us advised and know we all are thinking of you.. Enjoy your trip.... Thanks Howard for letting us know so quickly. I will rest better now.. give my love to Mom too.. YEAH!!!!!!!

07-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Howard,

Thanks for the update on Rosie. Debbie told me about it at the rally. I was shocked and so sorry to hear it. Hopefully, she will mend and it sounds like great improvements today.

Jim

iforget
07-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Well nothing like ending our stay with a midnight swim! Wow it was so lovely and refreshing. I finally got to use a pool during on of our Heartland rallies! You all should have been here to join us! Maybe, just maybe I wont walk around the grounds tonight. Hope everyone is having a safe trip home. We stayed one more day and are leaving in the am to head towards Ohio for a night and then maybe home. We miss everyone and had a wonderful time! Nothing like hearing Rosie and Kathy are doing better! Goodnight, sweet dreams dear friends...

07-20-2010, 08:04 AM
Hi Deb,

Glad you made use of the pool. Wish I would have had the time. Then, it would likely have been like a hot tub during the heat we had. On a positive note, I gained no weight during the rally :)

BTW - I will be sending your file out to rally attendees as a PDF. At least it will pair usernames with real names and site numbers and people can figure out who that was 2 sites down and the site across the road :)

Jim

dieselsweetheart
07-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Debbie Clause has a big heart for people and animals and there's nothing she won't do to help someone in need. She is a great friend and I'm so glad to have found her through Heartland. She picked me up in her golf cart and that's how I was able to socialize with folks at their campsites. Thanks Deb!!!

Thanks also to Dave and Nona (truknutt) for their kind assistance in my time of need. They also have a golf cart and made it available if I needed it. The Portholes' and the Truknutts are great folks and I'm so happy they are in our little band of rally go-ers!!!

dudley43
07-20-2010, 12:32 PM
This was my wife, Milda and my first rally. We had a great time and very much appreciate all the very nice and helpful people we met. Jim and all of your 'assistants', GREAT JOB! We had an uneventful trip from Ohio to Nashville. The trip home however, was a bit more stressful. All went well until we stopped for fuel at a truck stop in Florence, Ky. As we were pulled into the pump a semi tractor/trailor turned into the next pump over. He cut too short and struck the right rear of the Bighorn pushing it a couple of feet sideways. We were able to drive home pulling our beloved and now wounded 5 er. Waiting for the repair estimate. Shop felt it would be $15k or so. So much for our first significant pull! We still had a great time though and are eagerly looking forward to next year in Goshen!

swilhite
07-20-2010, 01:11 PM
dudley43 -- we saw you passing us while going into Cincy. One big gash. Thank God for insurance. We were the little Sundance 265RK (compared to the other rigs).

07-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Tony,

Sorry to hear about your mis-hap on the way home. The initial estimate of $15k sounds about right. Reason I say that is that Joseph Dorsey (jcd8822 on the forum) had a similar repair to their Bighorn. They had repairs done at RV Capital Service Center in Elkhart and he told me yesterday that he was pleased with the work.

Best of luck to you.

Jim

kkamshop
07-20-2010, 02:06 PM
This was my wife, Milda and my first rally. We had a great time and very much appreciate all the very nice and helpful people we met. Jim and all of your 'assistants', GREAT JOB! We had an uneventful trip from Ohio to Nashville. The trip home however, was a bit more stressful. All went well until we stopped for fuel at a truck stop in Florence, Ky. As we were pulled into the pump a semi tractor/trailor turned into the next pump over. He cut too short and struck the right rear of the Bighorn pushing it a couple of feet sideways. We were able to drive home pulling our beloved and now wounded 5 er. Waiting for the repair estimate. Shop felt it would be $15k or so. So much for our first significant pull! We still had a great time though and are eagerly looking forward to next year in Goshen!

Tony, that is terrible!!! This will make for a great campfire story in the future, lol, but I know it's not too funny right now :(
Ken & I really enjoyed meeting you and Milda - hope to see you again sometime.

SmokeyBare
07-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Tony & Milda,

So very sorry your beautiful BigHorn is now damaged !! I hope the repairs bring it back to it's original condition. Sure pleased to hear it's not soured your desire to travel to Goshen for next years Rally. We'll look forward to seeing you both then.

elwaller39
07-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Sorry to hear of your miss hap. The good thing is that your coach can be repaired to look as good as new again. May your future camping plans be more peaeful!!

porthole
07-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Seems as though someone was holding out on us