jbeletti's 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My phone gives me such a small window to text in I can't see it until I get time to read it later.
So its a good thing I can go back and edit it
Thank goodness.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jerrod - thanks for the bike cover link. Been thinking about what to do. Our bikes are 78" long (tire to tire). We will nearly be to the inner edge of the tail light recesses. Not too much of a problem uncovered but once I cover them, I may end up having to rig up some additional lighting. For sure I'll have to relocated the license plate.

My fabricator came and took measurements. This guy is great. Lots of ideas. When I get back from PA in late Sept, he'll bring by the rack - tacked up. We'll adjust from there, then weld and paint.

Jeff Damude reminded me of something he did that I also had in mind to do, so I mentioned it to my guy. That is to make a "ladder support" off the hitch frame. No more sagging ladder under my full-figure :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That looks the same as mine. Where is this space then ? in side that cabinet ?
5f942c82d63bd7072d03db66705db010.jpg

I guess it is
I was thinking you had it in that wasted space above the cabinet.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod - thanks for the bike cover link. Been thinking about what to do. Our bikes are 78" long (tire to tire). We will nearly be to the inner edge of the tail light recesses. Not too much of a problem uncovered but once I cover them, I may end up having to rig up some additional lighting. For sure I'll have to relocated the license plate.

My fabricator came and took measurements. This guy is great. Lots of ideas. When I get back from PA in late Sept, he'll bring by the rack - tacked up. We'll adjust from there, then weld and paint.

Jeff Damude reminded me of something he did that I also had in mind to do, so I mentioned it to my guy. That is to make a "ladder support" off the hitch frame. No more sagging ladder under my full-figure :)
That's a great idea, I might have to do that.
My ladder definitely sags with me on it, and I don't trust it.
My bike cover barely fits my 2 bikes, if they were any longer I don't think it would fit over them.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I will start brain storming on it need to find matching doors to cover the space. We'll see what I come up with
Thanks Jim
Right now you have me trying to figure out how to support the ladder off the hitch and make it look like a factory design.

jbeletti

I will start brain storming on it need to find matching doors to cover the space. We'll see what I come up with
Thanks Jim
Right now you have me trying to figure out how to support the ladder off the hitch and make it look like a factory design.

Heartland can supply you the 27" tall doors. Mine came from somewhere there. Maybe check all the doors in your coach and you may find match.

For the ladder support, I think we'll split some round stock and use one half as a saddle, then we'll weld a bracket to the hitch frame.

jbeletti

My Mods: Added AC Receptacle in Washer/Dryer Closet for Dyson Vacuum Cleaner

The Dyson vacuum cleaner for my 2015 LM 365 Ashland was mounted to a wall in the bedroom closet. Because we fill that closet full with clothes and totes of Mary Kay product, it was very inconvenient to get to the vacuum cleaner, so I moved it downstairs inside the washer/dryer closet. I mounted it to the door-side wall.

Initially, I powered it from the washer or dryer AC receptacle. Due to the size of the transformer, it would often come unplugged. It was VERY hard to reach behind the washer/dryer to replug the transformer to the a recept back there and doing so - blind.

I determined to add a new AC recept, just for the vaccum cleaner in a more convenient location. Initially, I planned to put it above the vacuum cleaner on the door-side wall. Then it hit me that the outside wall is sitting above the frame. That's a no-go for wire routing :)

I decided to add the new AC recept to the left of the washer/dryer and up high as the cord from the Dyson was only so long. Below are just a couple of pictures I took during the project. And here a link to all the project pictures.

Project Complete - Closet Right.jpg Project Complete - Left - Floor.jpg Project Complete - Left.jpg Project Complete - Recept.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya I bet that would be tuff.
I don't like doing those things on the road without all of the right tools and supply's. You end up taking short cut that you regret later.

jbeletti

Ya I bet that would be tuff.
I don't like doing those things on the road without all of the right tools and supply's. You end up taking short cut that you regret later.

I hear ya. I carry a fair amount of tools and supplies, so I'm usually set there. Then, I really think completely through my projects and make a list of all supplies and tools. Then I load up the supplies in a box per project and grab the project box(es) I feel like working on, on the road.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That was the chop saw the miter was under the bench.
Making a swing out brake away cable bar to mount to my tool box.
I'll post it when it's done
4e92c77b4cebe94562e4c06e28a2d3f8.jpg