2008 Rally Locations Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

When you are in Branson, as a favor, please drive through and check out America's Best Campground. I hear it's a 10-10-10 CG. The Suites Owners Club (Double Tree Mobile Suites etc.) are having their 2007 big rally there. I'd like to get some feedback on it as we look ahead to 2008 and 2009 and consider alternate locations for our big rally once we're ready to make the move from Goshen.

Thanks,

Jim

jbeletti

osims (and others),

Thanks for the mini-review of ABC CG in Branson. Still noodling future rally location ideas. Glad too to hear of other great parks in Branson.

Jim

J-W&E

At what time of the year would the rally be if held in Branson? Branson is quite warm in early June. It is quite nice and cool in the fall.

jbeletti

Not really sure. If we chose this part of the country, perhaps we could consider a May date??

I am working with the factory now to see where they would have an interest in having the rally. They may opt for one more year near Elkhart. I have to commit to the fairgrounds for 2008 ASAP if we want it as another group also wants our dates and our location but Tanya is giving us first chance at it.

Jim

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Jim, I think Goshen for the 2008 rally would still be our best bet as we are attracting a lot of first-time participants who can gain a lot being in close proximity to the factory and vendors. 2009 may be the time to branch out to Branson, which I would thoroughly enjoy (I guess, not having been there before, but hearing a lot about it).

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
My 2-cents

Hey everyone,
I personally would probably not be able to attend a Rally that far away, especially if it was in May because my wife will still be teaching as they do not get out until the first of June. We may be able to swing it if it were later in the summer or as someone else suggested, maybe early fall. That's my thoughts as of right now. I am however ready for the 2007 Rally. Already got the itch to go as weather conditions here aren't all that great. But I guess I will have to wait a few more months before we get out again.

Later all,

Mark

phranc

Many people may have trouble getting the neccessary time to travel during the school year. I know summer may be hot ,but that may be offset by being able to travel a longer distance away.. May/June and Sept are particuarly poor times ..

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
for those West Coatsers we could have a mini rally in Redmond Oregon July 2007 at the Rally there. This is a very large rally that we went to 2 years ago. There was 5700+ units there. We had so muc fun that we are going back again this year. %00 vendors, 1000 RV's to look at, evening entertainment and seminars all day long.
Have a look at the website. Lets talk.

http://www.therally.com/index.cfm

dieselengineer

Charter Member
The date of the rally does interfere with end of school activities. It would be nice if the schedule could vary some (odd years early summer/ even years late summer or something with that idea). I know I would love to attend the rally, however the date is not available on my schedule. This is the same thing that happen last year. Location, that is not a concern, "have camper will travel" :)

J

Jim_1899

Branson, Smoky Mountains or Nashville

This is what I really like thinking about, where the best place to go on vacation. The Branson area is in the Ozark Mountains, with Table Rock Lake, it has shows, good restaurants, and a lot of shopping. There are some good RV parks that are not in Branson that you get to enjoy the outdoors and are a short drive. There is one located by Silver Dollar City that has full hook ups and can handle the Rally. http://www.tallpinescampground.com/index.html

Just an idea, I would like to go a lot of other places too. (Smoky Mountains, New Mexico, Nashville)

PS Moving it one or two weeks later would help me to since my kids are in school during the Rally, infact that is why I did not go in 2005.

bowtorc

We like Branson.

We have been there before and always had a good time. Great places to shop and wonderful scenery.
Roger and Deb:) :) :) :) :)

jbeletti

Potential location change for 2008/2009

It is all still in the works but the locations may be flipped for 2008 and 2009. There's a chance that this rally will be able to hit the road for 2008. As such, we may move Branson to 2008 and be back to Goshen in 2009. Stay tuned!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.