2008 Southwest Regional (Houston, TX) Spring Rally - Being Planned...

TexYa

Reservations made - 2008 Southwest Reg rally

Hi,
OK, I've reserved our site at the park (# 99).
We will have to drive from Houston (evening rush hour) to Conroe to pick up our rig and then to the park... so don't expect us real early.

Since SOME of us haven't learned how to give instructions to the driver, that he fully understands. Yes, a video might be fun! :D
For sure it will give us all something to laugh about after we've recoperated from our WONDERFUL drive from Houston. :eek:
(I don't think I've mentioned how much fun I-45 is on a Friday afternoon)

Thanks for being there!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Cary and Emmett,
Look at it this way, once you get to Conroe and get the rig hooked up, most of your trip is over. The park is in the Woodlands, so you won't have to drive very far to get there.

I added you to the list, so we'll be looking for you.

Liesl_s

Fellow Heartland Owners,

Tommy and I are quite bummed that we won't be able to make the spring rally and visit with everyone again. Work and home improvement projects are just getting in the way at this point. Since we do live so close, however, maybe we can squeeze in a short day visit Saturday to say hi.

Hope everyone has a great time, and we look forward to coming to the Fall rally.

Liesl

jayc

Tommy and Liesl,
You know you're working too hard when you can't come to a rally and visit with friends! Come on by on Saturday We'll be the ones with the big smiles on our faces.....

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Coming around the bend..

Hay Jay
Looks like we are getting close to going to Rayford Crossing. Have a brand new set of Mexican Train Dominos being sent to me at the park. Need to get them broke in good before we leave.

I noticed that you have 2 vacant out of the 20. We need to get more talk going here and get them filled..

I am going to be there on the 15th and plan to go by and hassle Rick and Dee (rcobb). He has been hiding out there alone for to long.

In addition to the list on the 1 page of the thread it would be interesting to have the site and screen name of those attending. You might contact Rayford Crossing and see what sites we are assigned. It would be nice to know who is where and who is on each side of you.

jayc

Hey there Bob,
I'll get to work on matching up user names and real names ASAP. The park may not have sites assigned to all yet, but will just place them with our group when they check in and tell them they are with the Heartland rally. I'll call the park and find out the site numbers for those that have a site assigned now.

See you soon,

hankie419

Regrets

Hi Jay,
It is with deep reget that I have to report that Debbie & I won't be able make the rally in Spring. I had surgery on my driving foot last week, & I'm not allowed to drive for 3 to 4 weeks. Debbie doesn't have confidence in handling the rig yet, so we'll have to bow out this time. I've called the park & cancelled our reservations today. Sorry.

If there is a fall rally in Spring we certainly plan to be there. Ya'll have fun now, ya hear?

jayc

Sorry you can't make it

Hank,
We're sorry you can't make it this week. We've already got the fall rally planned at the same park, so maybe you'll be able to come then.

If anyone knows of another Heartland owner that would like to come this weekend, please let them know that we have three spaces available. I sent an email to one of the Houston dealers for any suggestions.

Jim Gratz let me know that he has a short powerpoint presentation on the Mor Ride setup he uses on his rig. We can watch it this weekend.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

GregH

Pot Luck on Saturday

Jay,
Looking forward to seeing ya'll and the rest of the Heartland clan later this week. Lyn wanted me to let you know she is going to make lasagna for the Saturday pot luck.

Best regards,
Greg

jayc

Greg,
Lasagna sounds good to me.....

Looking forward to some good food with good friends soon!

jayc

Attendee page updated

I just updated the list of attendees and their sites.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are here.. #60

Ok.. we are now in the herd. Settled in our site. We are looking forward to seeing you all and having a lot of fun..

Jay
I took your list of the site and sorted it .. Hope this is ok..

Site Name
52 Belnap, Bill & Loretta
53 Gratz, Jim & Sheila
54 Sims, Bill & Ornell
55 Diamond, Harry & Nikki
57 Hullinger, Greg & Lyn
59 Talley, Jerry & Diane
60 Curry, Bob & Pat
74 Coffman
75 McGee, Jim & Bette
76 Urban, Wally
77 Hall, Cary & Emmett
78 Hershberger, Terry & Carol
79 Wigley, C.J & J.D.
80 Wunderich, Lary & Trish
96 Smith, John & Stacy
97 Weidig, Dd
105 Cobb, Ricky & Dee

cjbearden

Visitor
In for a Great Time

:D

We met Bob Curry this afternoon and I know now this is going to be a great gathering. For those who couldn't make it, you are missing a great time. Can't wait for the fun to begin. Met Joseph French with Camping World in Katy, TX today and he is planning to bring a Landmark to the rally and give a speech if all goes well. Safe travels everyone.

The Wigleys

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yep.. We is here.. Met JD Wigley.. Yep.. It's going to be fun.. We already started. Going to get outside and spin a few yarns and spread a little BS.. But I think JD can spread it pretty deep. Bring your hip boots.

We need a lot of help.. All there are around here are ALPHA.. Alpo ??.. See Ya.. need some Bighorns to boot them out.. :D.

If ya can't bring your RV bring your body. We would love to give you a hard time anyway..:eek:

See Ya..

Got the Mexican Train Dominos... We can play with 8 people.

Are you ready for some football.. Rally??

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Sounds good on the birthday cake.. A little soon for my birthday :rolleyes:, but thanks anyway.. When you going to get here? Were waiting, waiting , wiaiting. :D

Larry W

TX Bobcat,

We will be there early Friday afternoon. We live inside the loop in Houston and I work till 11:00 am on Friday.

Its my birthday on Monday, April 21, we will be celebrating on Saturday.

See you all there.

jayc

Bob,
We'll be up this afternoon. I have to come back to work tomorrow, but my wife will be staying there at the park. I'll be back tomorrow evening.

I'll add the food to this list, including the birthday cake. Are we gonna stand in line to do the birthday spanking?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
There's a place in Conroe that sells tack. Buy a horse crop. Give'em something to REALLY REMEMBER this birthday!!!None You guys have a great time.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
JayC and JD at work. RCobb in stelth mode..

Well it looks like we are all tucked in for the night..

JayC made it and started to get setup. JD came down to give some support. I thought it would be nice to let everyone see their best side at work.
JayCJDBestSides.jpg

Went down to check out Ricky's site to see if he might be around yet.
Guess he has the Rig in Klingon Stealth Mode. Family sign is there but just can't see them yet.
RCobbsite105.jpg