2011 3450TS electric slide manual override location

burks353

My bedroom slide fully extends but only retracts halfway. Where is the manual override so I can retract the slide? I cannot find the through frame crank extension.

Thank you,
John

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the motor and means to manually operate your slide is next to the bed possibly behind a panel below a nightstand.
You will need the flex hex tool and a drill.

Peace
Dave

burks353

Dave,

Thank you. I found it earlier. Not very intuitive and not accessible with the slides in because it is behind the bedroom door. Not usable to retract the slide because you have to have the bedroom door closed to retract the slide. I did find the issue. I removed the stationary part of the mattress platform under the headboard. The slide cables were out of adjustment and allowed the adjustment blocks to sag and snag on each other when retracting. Tightened the cables and the blocks stayed vertical and passed each other without snagging.

Not sure why the manufacture felt the need to provide the manual crank when my override is not through the frame. Made me scratch my head and chase after ghosts for two days.

John