2011 Landmark Grand Canyon Demo Coach

jbeletti

Jim,

Just have to ask, how does this Grand Canyon pull?

We went to from a 2008 Big Horn 3670 to a 2010 Landmark Grand Canyon, and the Landmark just pulls much better. Just wondering if you noticed anything... I pull with a 2008 F350 DRW Long Box. I went from 7-8 mpg to 9-10mpg... Your RV looks great.
This RV is the best pulling rv I have owned in 10 years...

I see you have the generator option.. Do you use the generator often? I have about 140 hr on ours since july. Works great except for the amout of LP they use.

The wife loves ours..,, and that says everything...

SD,

It pulled nice. The 6.0 PSD with 4.88 rear gearing just loves to pull. I noticed no discernable difference pulling this unit versus my last one, so far (1 short trip).

Jim

davebennington

Jim,

I am sorry I made fun of all of the "white sand" around your new coach, now that I have apologized please turn off the snow machine. We have 8 to 10 inches and it is still snowing, enough already.

Dave

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim,

I am sorry I made fun of all of the "white sand" around your new coach, now that I have apologized please turn off the snow machine. We have 8 to 10 inches and it is still snowing, enough already.

Dave
I didn't make fun of Jim and we got about that much here.Wonder who I made made?LOL

porthole

Retired
Jim

Since you started this post titled "2011 Landmark Grand Canyon Demo Coach" - can I demo it (with your TV of course) the last 2 weeks of September?

Figured I should get my request in early - I'll even let you demo the Cyclone during the interim, with the Goldens of course :D

jnbhobe

Gee Guys; I'm sorry you came across a that white sand ( new style ) But I sure am glad is stayed SOUTH of Lake Erie. 21* and sunshine and took the plow off. Life is good. JON :D:D

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
What a great idea Duane!

I like Duane's idea. Everyone should get a couple of weeks in the demo coach. Where do we sign up?

beardedone

Beardedone
I searched the net after Jim mentioned that he had a new air system from up here. I found the Standen's site after that and am very interested because that is who is going to upgrade mine in the spring. Have to check back with them about this now. We only live 150 km north of the plant so it might be doable.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Bob - What is that behind the cab? And what truck is that?
Duane, hope Bob doesn't mind me interjecting here. That's a "Smart" car. Very clever sideways mounting setup. Pictures I saw somewhere here on the forum earlier showed the ramps on the side to drive on and off. The truck's a Volvo660.

Gus

dieselsweetheart

I was not permitted by DH to look at your pictures of the Grand Canyon. Now I know why. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... I want one!!!

DWH

Jim,
I could be mistaken; but that looks bigger than a 32" TV in the living room. Am I right and if so is this a new option? Just wondering. We have a 2010 Grand Canyon. We love it. Didn't think it could get any better. But the self leveling and some of the other changes look great. Thanks for all you do to keep us all informed.

Doug and Sue
2110 GC

2010augusta

Gerry and Jim,

The air suspension I have is by Trailer Flex. The website for it is at LBC Trailers. Here's the link.

Jim

Now that looks like a sweet setup. If we ever have a problem with the Lippert stuff, we will have to check into that suspension.

The ability to lower the trailer and level the trailer with the suspension would be a great advantage when parking.

I really like how simple the swing-arm and air-bag system is.

I'm sure the the Mor-ryde IS system is good, but being around cars and auto parts all my life, I have seen too many rubber and steel motor mounts ripped apart by engine torque, I do not see how a bonded rubber-steel suspension can stand up to rigors of many miles of highway use and the strain in long-term parking.

Jim, any way for you to tell us the cost of the trailer flex system, as installed on the Landmark?

caissiel

Sure beats any other suspension set I have seen, with proper setup a person could level side to side as well as up and down. If lowerd on the bumpers the trailer would possibly be more stable, and much lower at the steps. Its made by transport trailer manufacturer using a well proven technology.

2010augusta

Sure beats any other suspension set I have seen, with proper setup a person could level side to side as well as up and down. If lowerd on the bumpers the trailer would possibly be more stable, and much lower at the steps. Its made by transport trailer manufacturer using a well proven technology.

My thoughts exactly!