2011 Landmark Grand Canyon Demo Coach

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Hey Jim
Real nice, I see you have THE best bike rack on the back already. I have this rack and it is great. Spot on! I did notice that the locking pins were not in the rack. You should place the pin in before you travel.

davebennington

Very nice Jim, one question what is all that white stuff around the truck and trailer can't be sand I know they don't have white sand in IN. LOL

Dave

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Jim, a very nice unit to demo. No Santha is not allowed to look at when you bring it down the SC Rally.
Dave, Looking at the weather for this weekend you and Julie are most likely to get some of that white sand that melts. We don"t generally have that problem in Atlanta. LOL Randy

jbeletti

Hey Jim
Real nice, I see you have THE best bike rack on the back already. I have this rack and it is great. Spot on! I did notice that the locking pins were not in the rack. You should place the pin in before you travel.

Good catch on the locking pin Jim! By the way, I have found that receiver is about 6" too far under the RV. I will need to new bike rack with an extended receiver or I'll need a receiver extension.

I spoke to Engineering about this to see if we can make this better going forward.

Jim

jbeletti

Jim, a very nice unit to demo. No Santha is not allowed to look at when you bring it down the SC Rally.
Dave, Looking at the weather for this weekend you and Julie are most likely to get some of that white sand that melts. We don"t generally have that problem in Atlanta. LOL Randy

C'mon Randy - it doesn't cost anything for a tour :rolleyes:

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Very, very nice Jim! Good thing we have our BH.... too many great choices and it'd take us another 3 years to decide!

beardedone

Beardedone
That is a very unit. I am still trying to get my 09 Augusta the way I want so can't buy another one for awhile. When you get some info on the air suspension I would appreciate an update as I am having to upgrade my suspension before we go back on the road. Maybe you could post your impressions of suspension after you arrive down south.

sharmulst

Saw the new GC here in Quartzsite, AZ at the RV show. This is the one that turned us on to Heartlands back in 2005. Yours is beautiful. If we ever upgrade this is the one I would want.
Take care in that white stuff, sure glad we are in AZ where we have only had rain.

jbeletti

Thanks Duane. I need 1-1/4" though. You gave me the boost I needed. Found it on the Curt site and ordered from eTrailer.

Thanks,

Jim

----------------

• Prevents hitting trailer or propane tanks when making sharp turns while towing
  • Extends hitch 7" from center to center of hitch pin holes
Note: The limiting factor is the capacity of your hitch. Using an extender will reduce your hitch's overall capacity by 50%.

D189_spec.jpg

D-189 Curt Trailer Hitch Extender for 1-1/4" Hitches - 7" Long

Superduty

Grand Canyon
Jim,

Just have to ask, how does this Grand Canyon pull?

We went to from a 2008 Big Horn 3670 to a 2010 Landmark Grand Canyon, and the Landmark just pulls much better. Just wondering if you noticed anything... I pull with a 2008 F350 DRW Long Box. I went from 7-8 mpg to 9-10mpg... Your RV looks great.
This RV is the best pulling rv I have owned in 10 years...

I see you have the generator option.. Do you use the generator often? I have about 140 hr on ours since july. Works great except for the amout of LP they use.

The wife loves ours..,, and that says everything...

Barry & Alana

Hi Jim your "New Landmark is very nice"! I was wondering if the closet across from the bathroom is wired and plumbed for a W/D. I saw SOB that had the w/d installed in that closet. My question would be - how would that work for a W/D sliding in and out all the time . Perhaps yours isn't wired there for that purpose.

Just curious.

Thx

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I noticed they put a SeaLevel tank sensor system in. Is that the direction HL is going, or just for this rig? But, nice rig.

jbeletti

I noticed they put a SeaLevel tank sensor system in. Is that the direction HL is going, or just for this rig? But, nice rig.

I supplied the system and the plant installed it. I understand we've done this for a few customers. My guess is that if the customer supplies it, we'll install it. Verify with your dealer when placing your new coach order.

We are not going this direction with this system, but I wanted to try one out.

Jim

jbeletti

Hi Jim your "New Landmark is very nice"! I was wondering if the closet across from the bathroom is wired and plumbed for a W/D. I saw SOB that had the w/d installed in that closet. My question would be - how would that work for a W/D sliding in and out all the time . Perhaps yours isn't wired there for that purpose.

Just curious.

Thx

Alana,

The W/D closet is in the front cap area on the door side of the front closet. The 2 cabinets you see in the aisle across from the hallway bathroom door are for storage. The one closest to the steps comes with fixed shelving. The one closest to the bedroom comes with a single, high fixed shelf with a clothes rod below it. For my job, I need more storage space for stuff than I do for hanging clothing/coats, so I asked for more shelving in the other cabinet.

By the way, the bathroom is fully accessible with the bedroom slide in.

Jim