2011 Landmark Grand Canyon Demo Coach

jbeletti

Jim did you have the same leveling system on last years demo? is it the Level Up?

Last demo coach (2009 Landmark Pinehurst) had Level Up installed after the first season of using the coach.

Current demo coach (2011 Landmark Grand Canyon) has the Lippert Electronic Leveling system on it.

What is the same for these 2 systems:

• Leveling is done using hydraulics
What is different for these 2 systems:

• Level Up uses 6 points of hydraulic contacts with the ground (6 rams)
  • Lippert Hydraulic Leveling uses 4 points of hydraulic contacts with the ground (4 rams)
  • Lippert Hydraulic Leveling controls the tandem electric stabilizer jacks automatically as part of the leveling system/process
  • Lippert Hydraulic Leveling uses a touch pad controller (not wireless), mounted in a storage cabinet
  • The older Level Up that I had used a switch box that connected to the system via a heavy wire umbilical
Summary:

• Both systems are awesome
  • No more leveling boards with either system
  • I am more pleased with the amount of control and ease of control of the new system
  • I'd prefer to have 6 hydraulically controlled rams with big round feet on the ground vs 4
  • Four rams do get the job done and could be the right balance of cost vs function/benefit
For those considering hydraulic leveling on a Heartland coach, we offer it as a factory option on Landmark only - at this time. You can contact Lippert to have Level Up installed as an after market item on most any Heartland 5th wheel coach.

Jim

skh

Hello Jim,
Thanks for the conversation the other day. Made it to the Heartland factory while dealing with some other business in the area, very impressive and extremely friendly. We have ordered the Grand Canyon and the dealer thinks he can arrange with other units on the build schedule if necessary for it to be ready sometime the first week of May. They are now over 6 weeks out and have gone to a 6 day week as very busy. They had a run of Big Country on the line that day but a couple Landmarks around getting finished up.

JIm,
Nice unit...we're going to be fulltiming in a few years and looked at the Landmark Mt Rushmore and the Gand Canyon. The Mt Rushmore would work better for us! So we'll be trading in our 2010 Edge for a Landmark. I really wanted to stay with Heartland, the DW wasn't so sure. I explained that the factory handled the few issues ( first year run) without any issues, with the Edge being the "entry' level trailer, they could've ignored us but didn't. So a new fith wheel & tow vehicle is in our future. We will be getting the full body paint. I guess I like to stand out in a crowd:)

Jim
We were in Camden Maine about a week ago and saw a burgundy ( red) Landmark being towed with a red ford dually It was a sunny day and both units looked great shining in the sun .Wow what a great looking 5 ver There was just one man driving the truck so not sure where he was heading but it cruised thru town slowly 25 MPH .Anyway keep up the good looking Landmarks Heartland.
see you in Nashville
Bill

Barry Crocker

Joyce and I bought one of these guys in May and we love it. looking forward to your post about the auto level system.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There's a Grand Canyon parked down the road from us. Haven't been able to meet the owners yet, but it sure looks nice. The photos on HL's website are something.

Hello!

As of last evening, we are the proud owners of a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon! It's our first fifth wheel and we couldn't be happier. Our salesman encouraged us to join this forum and judging by the information I've already read, it was a good move.
Since we're brand new at this, we welcome your expertise and advice! We're excited about learning new things and making new friends!

Blessings,
Robert and Kathy
http://seashellsandoveralls.blogspot.com

2011 Landmark Grand Canyon
2008 3500 Chevy Duramax/Allison

jbeletti

Robert and Kathy,

Congrats on your new rolling home :)

What dealership was it that suggested the forum to you?

Happy trails,

Jim

jimtoo

Hi Robert and Kathy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a really great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

If you have a question, just ask. Someone will have and answer or direct you in the right direction for an answer. So jump in and enjoy your new unit.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thanks, Jim!
Sorry I'm just now replying.
I've already benefitted from this forum. You're right, there are a great bunch of folks here willing to share their knowledge with us newbies!
We love our Grand Canyon! Had an issue with the frig door coming open during travel. We'll be taking it to the dealership before we leave here for them to either fix it or get us a new door. Currently we have to bungee it so the doors won't come open...Hard to imagine this happening to a 2011 but that's the only thing we've had a problem with. Love the leveling system!

Thanks again for the warm welcome!
Kathy