2015 Goshen Rally - Rally Specials

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Erika, check out the steps at this link. [LINK]
Pat Poole, Possum51, has a system by them. Pretty nice stuff.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Peace
Dave

I just e-mailed them for some additional information, like are the legs adjustable for inclined sites and the weight/dimensions when closed up. We like the idea of having a "porch" at the door, especially when bringing stuff in and out. Might not be for "nomads," but for us seasonal types, it may be a good thing.

Wow! Fast reply. The legs are all adjustable to allow deck height from 24" to 36". So, setting it on a slightly inclined site like ours should not be a problem.

Last edited:

jimtoo

I have the steps. Did not get the porch parts. The steps are very strong and the bottom step has an adjustable leg on each side. The top laps over the top original step and does not slip off because it has two tabs to keep it from sliding off. It tends to slide in a little, so I put a bar behind the top step spaced away about 1/4". This keeps the step from moving in or out. Some have drilled a hole in back of top step and tab and then inserts a pad lock. This servers to keep the step from moving and also from being taken.

The steps fold to about 18" and weight about 35#. To make handling them easy when folded, I got a couple of the load tie down ratchet straps and wrap around them and it keeps them folded and use the straps as handles. Mine were delivered to a friend who brought them to me and gave them a good weight test. About 475# walked up and down them and you could barely see them move.

We love ours.

Jim M

jnv

Jim,
If the triple steps are a standard size (didn't find a measurement) and would fit our 2014 North Trail 22FBS, please put us down for a set with installation. Thanks

JohnDar

I have the steps. Did not get the porch parts. The steps are very strong and the bottom step has an adjustable leg on each side. The top laps over the top original step and does not slip off because it has two tabs to keep it from sliding off. It tends to slide in a little, so I put a bar behind the top step spaced away about 1/4". This keeps the step from moving in or out. Some have drilled a hole in back of top step and tab and then inserts a pad lock. This servers to keep the step from moving and also from being taken.

The steps fold to about 18" and weight about 35#. To make handling them easy when folded, I got a couple of the load tie down ratchet straps and wrap around them and it keeps them folded and use the straps as handles. Mine were delivered to a friend who brought them to me and gave them a good weight test. About 475# walked up and down them and you could barely see them move.

We love ours.

Jim M

Jim,
Looks like the Port-a-Deck with the four steps will run about $1200, with shipping. Wife likes the idea of having the "porch" to make going in and out easier, especially the way we normally use our rig (like a summer cottage). So it looks like I'll be calling them tomorrow.

jimtoo

Yes, with the porch addition I think you will be very happy since you leave it set up for a while. I would suggest you put the legs on a board maybe to keep them from sinking in the ground if your going to be there for a while.

Jim M

JohnDar

Yes, with the porch addition I think you will be very happy since you leave it set up for a while. I would suggest you put the legs on a board maybe to keep them from sinking in the ground if your going to be there for a while.

Jim M

Good point on the boards. Probably use some of my cribbing pads so I don't poke a hole in our mat.

jbeletti

Jim,
If the triple steps are a standard size (didn't find a measurement) and would fit our 2014 North Trail 22FBS, please put us down for a set with installation. Thanks

Jerry - I have added a dimensioned drawing for the Triple Alumi-Tread steps to this post. Use those measurements to determine if they will work for you. Temporarily, I have put you down for a set and will await your confirmation.

jbeletti

A word on Installation of Alumi-Tread steps during Goshen Rally

As many have read, Lippert has agreed to install, for $25, any Alumi-Tread (quad or triple) steps purchased at the rally.

I am NOT taking a list of those wanting an install. When you approach the Lippert display outdoors by the show coaches to purchase your steps, advise them at that time that you want an install.

I am choosing 2 half-days for them to perform installs. These half-days will be announced soon.

To recap:
  • You MUST be "on the list" to get in on the Alumi-Tread step deal ($175 for Quad and $150 for Triple)
  • Installation will be available for $25
  • See Lippert at their outdoor display at the rally on Tuesday, June 16 (day 1 of the rally) to make your purchase and to choose from the two install days (if you're having them do the install)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Peace
Dave

I've seen their deck. Very nice, but too rich for my blood! Maybe the steps alone, if I save my pennies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdamude

Re: A word on Installation of Alumi-Tread steps during Goshen Rally

As many have read, Lippert has agreed to install, for $25, any Alumi-Tread (quad or triple) steps purchased at the rally.

I am NOT taking a list of those wanting an install. When you approach the Lippert display outdoors by the show coaches to purchase your steps, advise them at that time that you want an install.

I am choosing 2 half-days for them to perform installs. These half-days will be announced soon.

To recap:
  • You MUST be "on the list" to get in on the Alumi-Tread step deal ($175 for Quad and $150 for Triple)
  • Installation will be available for $25
  • See Lippert at their outdoor display at the rally on Tuesday, June 16 (day 1 of the rally) to make your purchase and to choose from the two install days (if you're having them do the install)
Hi Jim,

Can you please include us in the Quad Step special?

Thanks
Jeff

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton

Hi Jim,

I also would like to be added to the Quad step special.

Thanks Larry

Possum51

We've had our Port-A-Deck and stairs since August 2014, we use the steps only if we're staying overnight, but we setup the Port-A-Deck and steps if we're staying several days. My wife has a bad back and one of our dogs has Arthritis so the longer steps and lower angle is easier on both of them. The only maintenance necessary is that they both require frequent doses of silicone spray to keep them folding and sliding as they should. DON'T USE WD-40 ON THEM.
Thank you Jim2 for the lock idea, I'll do that modification.

jnv

Jim,
Thanks for the triple step dimensions. They will fit on our trailer so keep us on the list. Thanks again.

bacaye

Jim, Not exactly sure where to ask to have our name included on the list for steps. I sent one to you at another place and then saw this post. We would like to add a "quad" set for us. Thanks Bill and Barb

jbeletti

The following have been added to the Quad Step list:

1. Wait List 1: Larry Kuykendall (via PM)
  2. Wait List 2: Larry Schultz
  3. Wait List 3: Jack Nelemans
  4. Wait List 4: Bill Liming
Note that they are all listed as Wait List as we've exceeded our allotment of 20. I will try to get another 10 units.