3300CK imitation wood wicks water like a sponge.

Earl_Max

Venting here: bear with me.

I have my 3300CK in for a laundry list of warranty items, most of which are the expected little things. No big deal.
The one that sticks out is the lack of the ability of the imitation wood, throughout the coach, to deal with any amount of water without swelling and cracking the wood grain "laminate".

My outside kitchen took on some water from a driving rain (while closed, locked, and parked).
Within hours of the rain I got in to get something and noticed the moisture; the woodgrain had already cracked from the swelling wood.
This is disturbing considering that there is a sink (moisture) possiblility of dew (moisture) and grilling while raining (moisture).
The inside wood is the same, a water heater leak resulted in visible deformation almost instantly.

I'm hoping for a solution, but expecting that they will just "patch" it up.
Don't get me wrong, the trailer is awesome...but this seems like a "swing and a miss" to me.
Down the road I imaging that I will end up rebuilding the entire outside kitchen out of something more durable on my own nickle.
Heck, I'd rather have a pizza oven than a microwave out there anyway.....

Last edited:

blueoval

We also have a3300CK and our outside kitchen leaked. Where did your leak come in? Ours seemed to be coming in at the hingeseam - if you look closely the hinge is metal on metal without any type ofseal between. That is a poor design by the hinge manufacture in my mind. I tookclear caulk and caulked along that seam and so far so good.

We got enough water in the outside kitchen to pop thewood off the walls below the sink and the ref.

Earl_Max

The dealer replaced the seal and tightened up the latches. The tech said that the seal was cut at the top. They did not replace the messed up wood. I needed it for the 4th July week end and then it goes back for more work. It been in the shop for 3 weeks, but excellent work so far.