4 Heartland in one day

2010augusta

Today we arrived in Cedar City Utah, saw a Big-horn leaving the Love's station at exit 62. A Cyclone and a Razor, Here at Country Aire RV Park, and another Big horn coming down Hwy 14 from the Cedar Breaks area.

moose53

We arrived last evening at the KOA in the Badlands of South Dakota. After traveling 2000 miles from upstate New York we have met one Heartland Sundance in Minnesota on Route 90 and talked to a Big Horn owner in St. Ignace, Michigan, thats it. I'm beginning to wonder if everyone is avoiding us. Were off to explore for the next few days, hope to see someone on the road.

Harvey

jbeletti

Harvey,

When in St. Ignace, have breakfast at Java Joes. Try the Coconut French Toast. To die for! Tell Joe (white hair pony tail man) that the Heartland Rally gang sent you. Many of us ate there 3 times :)

I never made it but many of us did - I guess the burgers at Clyde's Drive-In as well as the shakes are very good.

If you make it to Mackinac Island, go left to Joann's Fudge Shope. The white almond bark is yummo!!

Jim

bigredtruck

Harvey,

When in St. Ignace, have breakfast at Java Joes. Try the Coconut French Toast. To die for! Tell Joe (white hair pony tail man) that the Heartland Rally gang sent you. Many of us ate there 3 times :)

I never made it but many of us did - I guess the burgers at Clyde's Drive-In as well as the shakes are very good.

If you make it to Mackinac Island, go left to Joann's Fudge Shope. The white almond bark is yummo!!

Jim

You sound a bit like a 'foodie' Jim

jbeletti

Six foot and now portly - it came from somewhere!

Yeah, love to cook, love to eat.

Jim

Attachments

• too_many_rally_potlucks.jpg
    too_many_rally_potlucks.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 26

moose53

I guess I will post more often on this site, after stating I had traveled 2000 miles and had only seen one Heartland on the road. Today there was a nice Big Horn parked at Wall Drug with a white Chev TV. As usual no one was around and when we returned they were gone. Within 20 miles on 90 west we met a Big Country pulling out of the rest area near Wasta, South Dakota headed east. We have setup at Rafter J's in Hill City for a couple of days to visit the sites and haven't checked the grounds for Heartlands yet.

Harvey

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We are camping this week at Bandits Roost Campground in Wilkesboro,NC and we have seen one Bighorn(which belongs to the host) and two Sundances.I have not seen anyone around the Sundances yet but I am sure I will before the week is up.I am off this week and Renee is driving back and forth to work.Have had some rain but it is still all good.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I'm looking into my Crystal Ball and in about 14 days I expect to see at least 7 Big Countrys, 10 BigHorns, 1 Cyclone, 5 Landmarks, 3 NorthTrails, and 9 Sundances (and two more Heartland RV's TBD):D.

jgilbert

We had a Bighorn pulling a golf cart trailer pull in here at Adventureland Campground in Altoona, IA for a couple of days. I didn't get a chance to meet the people.

Joe