Anyone with Auto-Level near me?

PondSkum

Is anyone out there near Southeast Houston area (Deer Park to be exact) that has the Level Up system? I've been trying to troubleshoot, and think I may have it narrowed down to a bad control board.. So before I have to break down and take it somewhere for diagnostics, was wondering if someone would be willing to swap theirs with mine and see if it works. It's worth a shot right? LOL.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Sorry, we used to live nearby before we went full time. Try Ron Hoover RV's in Katy (281 829-1560) or T & S RV's in Navasota (936-355-0588) for help.

PondSkum

Sorry, we used to live nearby before we went full time. Try Ron Hoover RV's in Katy (281 829-1560) or T & S RV's in Navasota (936-355-0588) for help.

Thanks for the suggestions. Those places are kinda far from where I live. I've found a place a few miles away, Channelview Supply, that does RV repairs, that I may check out. I have 2 friends that have had service done there and said they were satisfied with the outcome. I have a trip coming up though, so it will be after that trip before I'm willing to go drop the trailer off somewhere, with an unknown timeframe of repairs. Would be awesome if I could figure this issue out on my own though, so I don't have to pay unnecessary diagnostic fees.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the fact that I have to take time off work to deliver the trailer to the shop (and pick back up), since these places are typically only open "normal" business hours.

Oregon_Camper

Thanks for the suggestions. Those places are kinda far from where I live. I've found a place a few miles away, Channelview Supply, that does RV repairs, that I may check out. I have 2 friends that have had service done there and said they were satisfied with the outcome. I have a trip coming up though, so it will be after that trip before I'm willing to go drop the trailer off somewhere, with an unknown timeframe of repairs. Would be awesome if I could figure this issue out on my own though, so I don't have to pay unnecessary diagnostic fees.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the fact that I have to take time off work to deliver the trailer to the shop (and pick back up), since these places are typically only open "normal" business hours.

If I was having this issue, I'd get the new controller from Amazon (2 day shipping :cool: ) and see if that fixed my issue. If it did, I keep the product...win for me. If it didn't fixed the problem, return device....win for me. I do everything possible to stay away from taking my RV in for service.

Link to LCI controller on Amazon

Note...I will be posting a blog/video on this next week. My sister had the exact same issue you are having and changing the controllers took about 5 mins. Just remember to get your RV level BEFORE you start. That way you can easily set the "zero point" once you install new controller.

PondSkum

If I was having this issue, I'd get the new controller from Amazon (2 day shipping :cool: ) and see if that fixed my issue. If it did, I keep the product...win for me. If it didn't fixed the problem, return device....win for me. I do everything possible to stay away from taking my RV in for service.

Link to LCI controller on Amazon

Note...I will be posting a blog/video on this next week. My sister had the exact same issue you are having and changing the controllers took about 5 mins. Just remember to get your RV level BEFORE you start. That way you can easily set the "zero point" once you install new controller.

That's a pretty good idea, but in the item description it states that "Electrical parts cannot be returned." I haven't had much experience with returning stuff with Amazon, so not sure I'd want to gamble that $200.

Oregon_Camper

That's a pretty good idea, but in the item description it states that "Electrical parts cannot be returned." I haven't had much experience with returning stuff with Amazon, so not sure I'd want to gamble that $200.

Whoa...I've never actually read the return policy on anything I buy from Amazon. :eek:

I have never had any issues returning anything. Sometimes I pay return shipping costs...sometimes Amazon pays it. That is the only issue I've ever had to deal with.

I'd risk it and order the part, but that's just me.

Gary521

Have you called the manufacturer of the LevelUp? Perhaps they will provide some insight. Good luck finding someone who willing to loan you an electronic part that just might fail too. It might be cheaper to buy the part than to pay a dealer to diagnose the problem. You could also tell us what problems you are having as we collectively have probably seen them all.

avvidclif

The link is for the touchpad ONLY. Not the controller, doubt if the touchpad is the problem.

jbeletti

I believe the software configuration in the LCI LevelUp brains varies a bit. Check the part numbers on your unit and compare to those being sold online to ensure a better chance of compatibility.

Az_Ernie

Here's the LevelUp controller (brain) in Lippert's online store. $275 and it doesn't say anything about being specific to any brand, model etc. Maybe they're more generic than I thought.
Yeah... Went to LCI's web site and saw that too. I made and offer for the controller and it was accepted. Our trailer is not stored close by, so I can't check the part number. The ebay ad doesn't give a LCI part number, so hopefully they're all the same. The ebay price kind of scares me, considering LCI's price is more than $230 more than eBay's. The seller accepts returns (buyer pays for shipping back and there is a 20% restocking fee) so I figured I'd roll the dice. Here's the link to the posting where I described the problem we were having with our system.

jbeletti

Yeah... Went to LCI's web site and saw that too. I made and offer for the controller and it was accepted. Our trailer is not stored close by, so I can't check the part number. The ebay ad doesn't give a LCI part number, so hopefully they're all the same. The ebay price kind of scares me, considering LCI's price is more than $230 more than eBay's. The seller accepts returns (buyer pays for shipping back and there is a 20% restocking fee) so I figured I'd roll the dice. Here's the link to the posting where I described the problem we were having with our system.

Perhaps it's a field pull item. I have 1 in my bin-of-stuff. I carry it in case someone at a rally needs it. It's a field-pull from my current Landmark. The reason I pulled it is that I replaced it with another one that supports a wireless remote so I can raise and lower the front jacks from the truck cab.

Az_Ernie

Perhaps it's a field pull item. I have 1 in my bin-of-stuff. I carry it in case someone at a rally needs it. It's a field-pull from my current Landmark. The reason I pulled it is that I replaced it with another one that supports a wireless remote so I can raise and lower the front jacks from the truck cab.
Ours fails so infrequently, it may be awhile after installation that I will even know if the problem has been fixed. As I described in the other post, it could be a bad connector on the wiring harness??? It is such an amazing price, I just couldn't pass up the chance that this controller will solve our Level-Up problem. Hope I don't regret it! :( I'll keep everyone posted.

Razorbackfan

USN Chief

I just figured out mine has wireless jacks. I was like what’s this remote for? I’m loading up tomorrow and can’t wait to use that function lol

Az_Ernie

Funny. I mean, enjoy :)
Hmmm... Our current (faulty) OEM controller CAN be operated with the remote. I may be giving up remote operation with the new ebay controller. However since I do not have a bed camera, I can not see my hitch from the truck cab when hooking-up and have never been able to use the remote.

Oregon_Camper

....I can not see my hitch from the truck cab when hooking-up and have never been able to use the remote.

Why not just use the "return to hitch" function? Then you don't have to raise/lower front landing legs while attempting to connect..

I see the value of the remote for unhooking. However, I solved that by having my wife pull the truck away, once I have the hitch ready to detach.

Az_Ernie

Why not just use the "return to hitch" function? Then you don't have to raise/lower front landing legs while attempting to connect..

I see the value of the remote for unhooking. However, I solved that by having my wife pull the truck away, once I have the hitch ready to detach.
I've really not had much luck using that feature. Tried it a few times and with the exception of a couple times, we've still had to raise or lower to hook up. I'm sure the failures were probably user error induced. Hooking and unhooking for us are almost always a two person process (Marie and I). When hooking, I'm pretty good at judging where I need to be right and left-wise, just need to have Marie raise or lower as needed and signal me when I'm back far enough to lower our rig onto our Andersen hitch. Unhooking we use the same technique as you and your wife.