ATF: Sundance - surge protecter/water regulator

caudle

I have a new sundance 2900mk ( I am very happy with it )
my question is - do I need a surge protector, also do I need
a water regulator - high pressure regulator
thank you

jimtoo

Hi caudle,

The water regulator is a must have... even if it is just the one the dealer gives you that is not adjustable. I would strongly recommend a surge protector.

Your original (first) post you ask about a "hole" in your cabinet,,, what was the answer or what did you do about it?

Jim M

Jburks

I agree with Jimtoo about the water regulator being a must but i would also put the surge protector on the must list as well. It has saved us on a couple occasions.

rarnold

Welcome to the Heartland family, Caudle. I (we) just bought our first fiver which happens to be the same model as yours. We love our unit also. I did a lot of reading on what is needed and have taken a lot of flack and snickers from some about my surge protector. I got a portable 50 amp unit that I adapted down to use with my 30 amp service. It is cheap insurance and one of those things you won't need until it is too late. Then you'll wish you had one.

I have used the water pressure regulator that came with the "Welcome Pkg" and found that it greatly reduces the water pressure for showers & sink but after reading all the issues people have had with leaking at the water connections, this is very tolerable. I may take Jimtoo's suggestion and get a regulator that is adjustable.

Enjoy your Sundance. We live just south of you in Galt. Hopefully we will be seeing you around here on the road or better yet, get together & compare notes. Happy trails to you.

Rod

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I agree with JimToo. When I meet people that are asking about first time information I give them a print out of an Adobe PDF document I made up. I will attach it. Hope this will help you.

Attachments

• RV information sheet.pdf
    554 KB · Views: 44

Coyote

I'd add a vote for the RV Water Filter Store. I purchased my pressure regulator and hoses from them a number of years ago. I also use a Surge Guard surge protector as I have seen what happens during a power surge and the damage it can cause. Also with the right surge protector it will save you from low voltage and let you know if the power is wired improperly.

rebootsemi

I have a new sundance 2900mk ( I am very happy with it )
my question is - do I need a surge protector, also do I need
a water regulator - high pressure regulator
thank you

Both are a must I use a Valterra full flow reg A01-1117VP and a Surge Guard 50 amp unit. Have had the surge guard trip a couple of times, usually on low voltage and once with a bad pedestal at a rv park.

Attachments

• 50amp surge.JPG
    50amp surge.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 24

caudle

thanks for all the good info - sounds like I need to buy a surge protector and a pressure regulator
(I still have the hole in the counter, but thats no big deal - i'll fix it latter)