Awning won't retract

Mrsfish

Picked up our new Bh 3010 last week and have been transitioning everything over from our previous 5er. Up until today, everything has been perfect, but today we could not get the awning to retract. You can here a clicking noise in the awning motor, we have checked the fuses and unplugged -rep lugged in the50 amp service. No luck. Our dealer is down the road and we have already stopped by and spoken with the salesman who will talk to the service writer tomorrow morning and send someone over. (Can't tow - awnings out). Trying to learn as much as I can personally- so does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for all of your other inputs, I've been 'stalking' for a few weeks and I really appreciate everyone's inputs.

danemayer

Hi mrsfirsh,

Congratulations on your new rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sorry to hear you're having the awning problem, but glad the dealer is sending someone out to help you.

The pouch full of manuals that came with your trailer should have a sheet that describes how to retract the awning in case of failure, along with a tool. I've never done it, but I think it's a 2 person operation.

But since the dealer is coming out, they should be able to handle it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mrsfish

Update - motor is bad! 3 week old trailer , but glad we found out while close to dealer. Would have not been good if it were when we were dry camping next week.

RanCarr

Update - motor is bad! 3 week old trailer , but glad we found out while close to dealer. Would have not been good if it were when we were dry camping next week.

Doesn't your slide have a manual crank that needs a drill to bring it in? We always carry a cordless drill with us. Both for the stabilizers and in case the motor goes on the slide-out.

ParkIt

Doesn't your slide have a manual crank that needs a drill to bring it in? We always carry a cordless drill with us. Both for the stabilizers and in case the motor goes on the slide-out.
A must have now in the tool box, I miss the 'old days' of a manual awning...I could pull it out or roll it in faster than the electric ones with an awning line pole. Was always able to make a save when the wind would kick up which I wasn't able to do with the electric one, the corner tore from the stitching before I could unscrew the tension knobs! Now it also has sag to it as well, manual I could get on a ladder and re-tension the coil so it never sagged in 6 years...this one...can't do that.

jimtoo

The post is about an AWNING ,,, not a slide out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Was always able to make a save when the wind would kick up which I wasn't able to do with the electric one, the corner tore from the stitching before I could unscrew the tension knobs! .
The only time I tighten those knobs is when it is raining and I want to add some slope to the awning.

Peace
Dave