Big Horn - Disappointment Attachment Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmorgan37

To carry the explanation a little farther, don't look under the bed. As Forrest said, move the slide in about a foot, then lay on the floor alongside the bed and with a light, look towards the wall along the bottom of the slide. You should see the rollers.

Hope this helps,

John

busted2341

For the rollers you have to pretzel yourself in between the slide, while it is pulled in and the wall.....not much room there and with my bifocals not very easy....When bringing in the slide be sure someone is lifting on the outside. I have been unable to get back there to get the roller screws in as of yet....Waiting for my son to try...While you have the slide in look back there real good. I found all kinds of little parts, screws, pieces of presswood etc.....I hope they were extra parts and not falling off something else....

navyAZ1

Wow, sounds like huge problems for the original poster, I have had a couple of the problems the A/C freezing was as simple as finding the "freeze sensor" had fallen off the coils the head tech at my dealer helped me with that. But I need to comment on the "sawdust" problem yep maybe they could shop vac a little better but if you once see these units under construction you would understand you can't get it all. Having been in the cabinet trade for many years I know sawdust will get in some of the strangest places and when you travel down the road and the coach is bouncing and shaking a lot of that hidden sawdust comes out. We have had 3 5th wheels and had this problem with all of them even our first one was 12 years old when we bought it and we still had that problem so a small degree. Just keep the vac handy.

ChopperBill

navyAZ1 said:
Wow, sounds like huge problems for the original poster, I have had a couple of the problems the A/C freezing was as simple as finding the "freeze sensor" had fallen off the coils the head tech at my dealer helped me with that. But I need to comment on the "sawdust" problem yep maybe they could shop vac a little better but if you once see these units under construction you would understand you can't get it all. Having been in the cabinet trade for many years I know sawdust will get in some of the strangest places and when you travel down the road and the coach is bouncing and shaking a lot of that hidden sawdust comes out. We have had 3 5th wheels and had this problem with all of them even our first one was 12 years old when we bought it and we still had that problem so a small degree. Just keep the vac handy.

Hey that central vac should be standard equipment in that is the case! ;)

bigdawgs

Repair issues

I am sure glad I started reading this forum before purchasing because we are now having second thoughts regarding a Heartland product.

If a dealer can't or won't repair a unit that surely means a lot when considering a first time purchase or a repeat purchase. What makes it worse it that the factory is not getting involved to resolve any or all issues.

Good luck with getting everything resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.