Big Step - Ordered the truck.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Well today makes 4 months exactly since we put down the deposit and ordered our new Silverado. It has been sitting 175 miles from here in a railyard for more than a week and they supposedly won't let the dealer come get it! The dealer has actually gotten some additional incentives from GM for our trouble since they were the idiots that pulled a SOLD truck out of delivery que for several QC inspections...bet they won't do that again! :(

Bohemian

Well today makes 4 months exactly since we put down the deposit and ordered our new Silverado. It has been sitting 175 miles from here in a railyard for more than a week and they supposedly won't let the dealer come get it! The dealer has actually gotten some additional incentives from GM for our trouble since they were the idiots that pulled a SOLD truck out of delivery que for several QC inspections...bet they won't do that again! :(

Ouch!!

Bohemian

Two recent things I have found out:

1)The GPS Nav software is from Garmin

2) It has TPIS not TPMS. The best I can tell is that the TPIS is the TPMS without the monitor warning.

Kbvols

That's the government for you. Lol... Seriously though it will be worth the wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

danemayer

GM did exactly the same thing with the 2011 GMC that we ordered. They wouldn't tell me how long it would take or how invasive the inspection would be. Another nearby dealership had an identical truck ordered and I had them work a trade. GMC threw in a 6 months extension of OnStar for the inconvenience.

Bohemian

So, tell us bout your new Silverado. What did you order?

kakampers

We ordered the 3500 DRW Silverado LTZ CC in Ruby Metallic with sun roof, driver alert package, tow package, bed liner, curt 24k hitch, heated/cooled seats, side steps and step rails, LED bed lighting, etc...can't remember everything off the top of my head, but don't think we missed much...LOL!

But get this...dealer placed the order and when we went over the specs of what they built way back on 9/3...we discovered that GM screwed up and installed a rear entertainment system, which we did NOT want, nor did we order. GM is eating that cost of course!!

kakampers

GM did exactly the same thing with the 2011 GMC that we ordered. They wouldn't tell me how long it would take or how invasive the inspection would be. Another nearby dealership had an identical truck ordered and I had them work a trade. GMC threw in a 6 months extension of OnStar for the inconvenience.

Dan, the problem we had in this part of Texas...they don't stock duallies... and definitely not ones as dressed out as we wanted. Ordering was our only option.

Bohemian

We ordered the 3500 DRW Silverado LTZ CC in Ruby Metallic with sun roof, driver alert package, tow package, bed liner, curt 24k hitch, heated/cooled seats, side steps and step rails, LED bed lighting, etc...can't remember everything off the top of my head, but don't think we missed much...LOL!

But get this...dealer placed the order and when we went over the specs of what they built way back on 9/3...we discovered that GM screwed up and installed a rear entertainment system, which we did NOT want, nor did we order. GM is eating that cost of course!!

Sweet truck. I hope you enjoy it soon.

gebills

[SIZE=-1]2015 RAM 3500 LARAMIE LONGHORN CREW CAB 4X4 8' BOX[/SIZE]

Cummins Diesel
Aisin transmission
3.42 diff
DRW
Air suspension
5th wheel prep

Flame Red
Black/Cattle Tan interior

Est delivery 8-10 weeks

Similar to the one in his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCZpVoAYszw

The Big Country is planned for this spring.

Your gonna love your new truck Bohemian. We've had ours bout' two weeks, and every time I get in it, I can't help smiling; and I notice a lot of people looking it over as well. Enjoy your new machine.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Well . . . at least you shouldn't have to worry about anything being wrong with it!

Bohemian

Woo Hoo, just got a $500.00 cash back certificate from Ram. Sometimes it pays to register for information with the manufacturer.