Concealed carry permits

Joel

I was recently told "they" passed a open carry permit ??? I did some research and I could not find any new laws... Do any of you know of anything new for open carry ? It sounds like an invitation for hassle to me or am I wrong ?

Kansas is one of the open carry states (theres several that are open carry) but some cities/towns have laws against open carry. To be better safe than sorry in my opinion carry legally CONCEALED..

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
My wife and I both have a carry concealed and also volunteer for our County Sheriff's Office. You are correct there are a lot of permits and growing at a fast rate. We both have Glock 22's. Carry in the RV is the same as a home, but State laws may be an issue. I have the laws for each State and you do have to watch those if you carry inside a vehicle or on your person, but if in the RV I am really not very concerned with traveling from State to State.

My cousin has a saying to consider. It is always better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6. Just a thought.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
2 points, Tennessee is an open or concealed carry state, and is reciprocal with any state that has the same standards of permitting as they do. That includes Texas. Look at the State site for concealed carry and it will give you which states are legal to carry in and the states that have reciprocal rights.

clutepc

This is a great site for the various gun laws when you travel state to state.
My wife and I both have our CC permits so we use it great when we travel.
It normally stays updated with the latest changes in the laws.

http://handgunlaw.us/

Draco Dog

I have a 38 hand gun. I like the gun, but it is too heavy and bulky to carry in my purse.

Any suggestions on what I should purchase to carry in my purse.

I want something large enough-----but also small enough to carry. I have a concealed weapons permit. Thanks for your help.

hart1369

I have a 38 hand gun. I like the gun, but it is too heavy and bulky to carry in my purse.

Any suggestions on what I should purchase to carry in my purse.

I want something large enough-----but also small enough to carry. I have a concealed weapons permit. Thanks for your help.
You might want to look at the ruger LCP and LCR. Smith-Wesson has a new line of hand guns called the Body Guard ,Kel-tec makes a light weight 9mm and .380

buckeyebob

i have a ruger 380 lcp.9 ounces or so!it has a long trigger pull but we aint target shootin!!i use self defence deeeeeep,jacketed hollow points at a buck a piece,but that makes that little,lite gun big gun equalthey make a cell phone flat case that this gun fits perfectlly in ,it comes in pink or black and fits on yer belt,bulldog brand,20 bucks from cabalas.this gun also comes in girly colors but you wouldnt want a kid to think it was a toy.squeeze slow,,buckeyebob

Forrest Fetherolf

As a retired law enforcement officer (LAPD) I like this revolver from Taurus called "The Judge". Watch the video, you will see this is an excellent defensive weapon. You can use a combo of 410 shot gun shells and 45 cal rounds in the same cylinder, load the cylinder with 2-#00 buck 410 shells and 3- 45 cal rounds. Shoot the 410s first, if that doesn't discourage the bad guy, the last two shots with the 45 cal should. Caution.......some states such as CA considers this gun illegal (sawed-off shot with less than 18" barrel).
http://www.impactguns.com/store/taurus_judge_revolvers.html
http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=tr&breadcrumbseries=41
http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-results.cfm?series=41&toggle=tr

hoefler

Consider thr Taurus TCP 380. Little bigger than the Ket-Tec and LCP. Has a better feel in your hand plus you are less likley to have the slide bite you. I carry it in a wallet holster, yet to be detected!

Draco Dog

As always, you're the best. Not sure yet which smaller gun to choose, but you gave me several ideas.

Thank you buckeyebob for your input. I would never choose a pink, blue, etc. color for a gun. I am so surprised that companies are allowed to manufacture guns in those colors. I can't imagine any youngster looking at a pink gun and thinking it was real or/and could hurt someone. Young people get into enough trouble without accidentally thinking that a cute, colored gun is real.

As always, you're the best. Not sure yet which smaller gun to choose, but you gave me several ideas.

Thank you buckeyebob for your input. I would never choose a pink, blue, etc. color for a gun. I am so surprised that companies are allowed to manufacture guns in those colors. I can't imagine any youngster looking at a pink gun and thinking it was real or/and could hurt someone. Young people get into enough trouble without accidentally thinking that a cute, colored gun is real.

My CCW is a Ruger LCP with the Crimson Trace laser. No barrel sighting required. Just put the laser dot on the bad guy and pull. I holster it with the Super Fly in my front pocket with no imprint.

RollingHome

Draco Dog, A purse will hold a lot. You may want to look at a 10 MM Glock. This gun is used by many European forces as a primary weapon. It's a step under a 45Cal. semi in take down power but still a no nonsense gun. My second choice is 380 ACP made by Astra or some other quality gun makers. Not the power (or size) of the Glock but not a whimp either.

Tom

DBHooper

Thanks to all who've posted to this thread - it has been educational and entertaining. Whether or not to bring along a firearm is truly a matter of personal choice (I choose yes) but it does raise constant concern when one realizes the number of conflicting, confusing and constitutionally questionable firearms laws carried by the different states.

I'm gratified to see that there are staunch supporters of our individual right to bear arms within the RV community. As a newbie it was one of my concerns.

I always carry or take my pistol when traveling esp. being a woman alone. I always try to carry on gun on my person instead of my purse in case my purse gets stolen. I carry a S&W Airlite .357 w/ hollow pt. mags for ammo. It only weighs about 12 oz. unloaded, not much bigger than my hand.. and it fits right in my pocket, inside my jeans, or on my ankle and no one even has a clue.

Pulltab

I always carry or take my pistol when traveling esp. being a woman alone. I always try to carry on gun on my person instead of my purse in case my purse gets stolen. I carry a S&W Airlite .357 w/ hollow pt. mags for ammo. It only weighs about 12 oz. unloaded, not much bigger than my hand.. and it fits right in my pocket, inside my jeans, or on my ankle and no one even has a clue.
Good for you! It is nice to see you take you own personal safety serious. Welcome to the board also!

I am member of the NRA, a local gun club and have my SRO certification. More women need to learn to protect themselves; and thanks! Do they have a link of shooting ranges in each state? That would be nice to know when traveling, for practice and fun!