Cracked rim-

pjaylor

Hi all,

We have a new 38 foot Big Horn that we love. This is our second Heartland product and we have been very happy with the customer service.

We are have a tire monitoring system that has been very useful for us. We have had several flat tires. We had a flat this summer that was caused by a crack in the rim (wheel). It was very difficult to diagnose. We have just had our second flat from another cracked rim! I have never heard of this before and now two of the four rims are defective. The manufacturer, Tredit, has been great about replacing them since they are under warranty.

We are going back to Alaska next summer and plan on going deeper into the wilds. We have two spare tires. I am now nervous about these rims. Anyone else have this trouble? Should I ask them to replace all the rims? Should I go with another brand?

Thanks in advance!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
There have been reports of cracked rims from others. What year is your unit? Our 2010 ElkRidge had a cracked wheel (spoke) in 2012, replaced by Tredit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

With two different 5ers and two different trailer manufacturers, I've had one cracked Tredit rim and two with pinholes. Tredit replaced all three and paid for the remounting.

thibideau

We had 2 cracked rims on our first Cyclone (2011 - 3010) and Tredit replaced all 4 rims with a different rim. Kudos to Tredit

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have a warped rim . . . found by my tire shop when having the trailer tires balanced last spring.

They made that my spare tire . . .

Guess I should get that replaced by Tredit, although my trailer is just over two years old!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, call Tredit and ask. A bent wheel 2 years old might be a different story. You might have to prove that it was that way when you bought it new.

JohnD

John, call Tredit and ask. A bent wheel 2 years old might be a different story. You might have to prove that it was that way when you bought it new.

It's not bent . . . it is warped.

Or, according to the tire shop . . . out of round!

JohnD

Call Tredit, the wheels are guaranteed for LIFE. They will want to see pictures.

I guess I'll have to take the tire and wheel back to the tire shop and have them put it on the tire balance machine and shoot a video . . .

It definately had a huge wabble while spinning on the tire balance machine . . .

By the by . . . anyone who hasn't had their trailer tires balanced . . . spend the $30 and get those trailer tires balanced!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
You should care . . .

Last edited by a moderator: