Diesel Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark

Check the taxes on Diesel. Federal tax is 24 cents/gal vs 18 cents/gal on gasoline and here in Pennsylvania the state tax is 38 cents/gal on diesel and 31 cents on gasoline. From what I understand the biggest problem is the oil companies not investing in refineries to keep up with increased demand. The diesel price at the pump increases in the Fall as the refineries produce more home heating oil and decreases in the late Spring because of the decrease in heating oil. Also, look what happens if a problem occurs at one of the refineries (fire, tornado, hurricane, explosion, etc). We are stretched very thin in this area. This at least is my understanding. I do welcome anyone who can correct any falsehoods that I may have mistakenly passed on.
Clark

snuffy

Check the taxes on Diesel. Federal tax is 24 cents/gal vs 18 cents/gal on gasoline and here in Pennsylvania the state tax is 38 cents/gal on diesel and 31 cents on gasoline. From what I understand the biggest problem is the oil companies not investing in refineries to keep up with increased demand. The diesel price at the pump increases in the Fall as the refineries produce more home heating oil and decreases in the late Spring because of the decrease in heating oil. Also, look what happens if a problem occurs at one of the refineries (fire, tornado, hurricane, explosion, etc). We are stretched very thin in this area. This at least is my understanding. I do welcome anyone who can correct any falsehoods that I may have mistakenly passed on.
Clark
Well, spring is here and it just keeps going up. At what price do we draw the line?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
No, matter the breakdown. I still feel the prices are being artificially stimulated. You can take it from there.

kathcon

Earlier this week diesel jumped to $4.10 p/g. Gas $3.40. We live Maryville, TN. And with the low sulpher diesel, now milage has dropped. Truckers are really complaining about that and so am I.

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
Stopped by Sam's Club on the way home today from delivering some yard sale items, and they were having an "open house"... Diesel was priced at $3.959... rest of this area is $4.059-4.199... filled up the truck as far as I could get fuel into the filler neck.. may be the "cheapest" I will see for awhile..

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Well compared to some of the prices I have seen on this post,the $4.05 per gal. I paid this afternoon does not seem to bad.Still $130.00 made me say ouch.I guess that if I want to play,I am really gonna have to pay.

Here in British Columbia,near Vancouver we pay on average 1.22 per Ltr, which works out to about 4.89 per US Gal, you are getting a good deal, compared to us up here, and in Bellingham Washington it was 4.10 US per Gallon last weekend Apr 12/08

nscaler2

Maintainance?????

Just read this morning that the refineries have cut back on production!!! The excuse --- "spring maintainance"!!! Somebody has to stop this contrived S@#$%^:mad:

StevieWonder

Just read this morning that the refineries have cut back on production!!! The excuse --- "spring maintainance"!!! Somebody has to stop this contrived S@#$%^:mad:

Contrived ???

It's been the time for maintenance and the formulation switch (winter to summer) for the last 50+ yrs.

You conspiracy theorists crack me up. I'll bet you've never presented the same theories on housing prices when they were skyrocketing. Where were all the conspiracy nuts when oil plummeted from $40/barrel to $11/barrel in the early-mid 1980's.

Clark

Well Stevie, the conspiracy has been the "business" decision to not increase the number of refineries for the last 30 years even though the demand for fuel has increased each of those years. I think that you should apologize to the forum for referring to members as "nuts". Now, lets behave as responsible individuals, respect each others opinions, and just enjoy the forum as a place to talk about our trailers, camping, and helping each other solve problems
Clark

seabee

I hate to say it but we better be glad we can even buy Diesel,if that happens us fulltimers are going to get to stay a while longer in the Hot or Cold place we are at,man this is really getting bad and it don't matter if you are working or not its having to spend money you don't have to live the life we have worked for.
One thing about this we have our 3670RL Big Horn to stay in and I thank God for that,thats much better then the places people stayed in during the depression years.
MAY NOT BE ABLE TO PULL IT BUT WE WILL BE LOOKING GOOD.
OK thats my thoughts hope you all don't mind.
God Bless and keep you safe.

fhollan

Hang In There!

Sidney: I don't doubt that about diesel. Diesel in the middle of Indiana is around $4.13, Unless it went up today. Gas shot up $0.17 to $3.62 in one day yesterday. The shocker yesterday on one of the news channels in a interview the guy stated that not to be surprised that next year about this time that a barrel of oil will be $180 placing gas to $5.50 a gallon. You can only imagine where that leaves diesel. We'll have to wait and see.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The price of fuel will start going down...too many people are cutting back drastically on their driving...if the prices keep going up worldwide somethings gonna happen. People, especially here where everything is on the side of the planet, just can't continue to shell out. I'm beginning to thing that we are headed to a major, major recession or even a depression. Then deflation will set in and prices will drop like a rock.

Can't sell if there is no one there to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.