Discussion: NoCal 2008 Spring Rally

RubiconAg

I will be calling the CG tomorrow and reserving our spot! By chance, is anyone bringing any kiddo's? Terri's son might want to come along (12 yr old). I know he would love the cavern or dam tour.

Nick

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Wayne and Nick, Thanks for the reply!
Not sure if anyone has kids they're bringing although they're certainly welcome. Ours are grown, so we just have the dog. :)
Because I've not received much response to activities, I will gather the particulars on each tour and give everyone the info and maps so they can choose what they want to do. We may have better luck organizing activities once we are all there.
I know Kristy and Mark are coming in early in the week and I will be there Friday afternoon. DH has a conference in Sacramento and will be home early afternoon. Although I'm confident in my abilities to hitch and pull the trailer, (I pulled horse trailers for quite a bit) I'm not so sure I could back it. :eek: I'd rather let him put the first dent in it.
When you call the park, ask for Bonnie or Jody and tell them you're with Deb's group. As per Kristy, I'm not sure the weekend manager is in the loop about our group yet.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ray and Bev, we had a blast at our rally, even with the rain. The whole gang is hoping yours goes as well. There was some talk of joining forces at some time. I wish someone would get something going in central Ca. Did you get a banner yet? If not talk to Jim about it. We had everybody that came sign the back of it. Just make sure that it is dry. Our banner came straight from Heartland. Look at the Socal post and you will see what it looks like. Bob, Pat and the Socal gang

slmayor

Bob & Pat,
saw the pics, looks like a great time! I've been following the SoCal posts to learn from what you guys did.
I haven't received a banner yet, I'll check with Jim. No takers for Central CA yet, so we may have to join forces and do a rally. I'm game if you are.
Slow reservations so far, but it looks like that was what you dealt with too. Earlier posts looked like many were interested. Did you have to PM them to remind them to register? I won't have to turn the spaces back until the week before the rally, but a little concerned if we wind up with more than 10.
I'm looking forward to the rally, even if it's only three miles from me. We took the BH out for Presidents weekend and had a great time.
I'm really bad, all I want to do on the computer is look for places to go instead of work. :) I think we're practicing for retirement.

Any rally tips you can offer will be gladly accepted. Thanks for checking in!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bev, all you can do is wait and see who shows up. We had 2 that made reservations and could not come at the last minute. Just keep reminding them the time is running short. Bob

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Snow is melting!!! Mark has the Glide Ride on the trailer and the JT stabilizers on the front. He just needs to get them on in the back and we'll be all set. I can't wait for it to warm up enough and get the trailer de-winterized so we can get out. Only about 3 weeks now....
Kristy

slmayor

Kristy,
it's been great here as well. Friday was in the mid 70's. Our trailer is home so we can finish adding a few things and after going to the scales, removing a few things as well.:)
I have a reminder letter I will PM to our earlier responders about their reservations. There were 11 that said they would come, but I only have reservations for 4 so far. In a week or so, I'll bring up the food issue and see what consensus is. We should be OK no matter what the weather is, as we have use of the community room for pot lucks, etc. I'm really looking forward to the rally.

slmayor

Norcal Reservation Reminder

OK folks, I had 11 people say they were coming and only have four reservations so far. I will have to turn the "saved" spaces back after the 15th. Please, please get your reservations in. The phone #'s for the park are posted on this thread in an earlier post. Once you do your reservations will you please either post it here or PM me? Thanks!
Also looking for suggestions for food. Do we want to do a pot luck on Friday because folks will be arriving at different times? Any ideas for Saturday? Help please!:)
Thanks,
Deb

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I vote for an informal Friday with maybe beverages around a camp fire or something like that so people could get set up and maybe circulate through other people's campsites. Saturday we could do a salad, bread and dessert potluck and have everyone bring the meat they want to cook for themselves. That way those who have certain dietary preferences/requirements can fix what they can eat.

Of course someone out there might have a better plan and that's OK with me too.

Kristy

slmayor

Kristy, your idea sounds good to me too. There is a grocery store in Shasta Lake, about a mile down the road, so not like we'll be camped in the boonies with no food or no way to get something we run out of. In my experience we never eat half of what we take and my pantry is stuffed to the brim. The history lessons about the Donner Party must have stuck too well. :)

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
There is also a really good Italian restaurant in Redding that I'm sure we'll go to on Wed. or Thurs night. Its called Nello's. Maybe you've been there? I'm not suggesting that the group go there, but people who come in early or stay a few extra days may want to go.

slmayor

I would be more than happy to accompany you to Nellos. LOL
I can also bring all my Italian friends. We cook and serve for fundraisers that the local Sons of Italy do. Working one this weekend. We are not Italian, just all of our friends are.
Nellos is wonderful. Probably some of the best Italian food I have had anywhere.
Ray will be out of town until early Friday afternoon. If you want a local native tour guide, just give me a call. :)
We are debating on taking the trailer up early to the park, I can hitch and drive, but I'm not so sure I can back up.:eek: I have lots of practice with horse trailers, but none with the fifth wheel. And none recent, either.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Deb,
PM me your phone number and we'll give you a call when we get there. We love Nellos! and I'm sure we could give you a lift.
Kristy

noconwud

Spring rally

Jim and fellow Hartland owners! We will be at the rally in Redding with our new cyclone 3210!! (and our 3 kids, 2 dogs, and 1 campin cat!!) Looking forward to meetin y'all ! Love our new rig !

jbeletti

Hi noconwud,

I will not make this rally but I am sure Ray and Deb will organize a great time. Have fun!

Jim

slmayor

Noconwud,
Welcome and thanks for letting me know. Please make sure to make your reservations early so we can all be located together. We haven't seen a Cyclone in person yet, so look forward to checking yours out. Or maybe I will, and make DH stay home lest he want one. :)
Check this site for updates as I'm sure the posts will be flying as it gets closer.

GARTH

Ray & Deb:
Just wanted to let you know that we have made our reservations at the RV park and are all set for the rally the end of the month. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a good time.
Garth & Susan

dbarnard

Ray & Deb,
We made our reservations a couple of weeks ago. What is the count now? Are very many coming on Thursday or staying later than Sunday? If so we may stay longer.

DaleB