Do you ever use Level-up jacks to tilt your rig when dumping.

pday1213

As it is I add 5-6 gallons plus my recipe to the black tank for the final leg home. Although the water may appear clean after numerous flushes at the CG by the time we're home the water is %#*& brown. I draw it off into a bucket for proper disposal back at the house.
Hey Lyle, inquiring minds want to know, what your recipe used on the home run ? :cool::cool::confused:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hey Lyle, inquiring minds want to know, what your recipe used on the home run ? :cool::cool::confused:

Everyone has there own but typically I use 1 pack of a commercial toilet treatment to get some bacteria in the tank plus they're usually a deodorizer too. To that I add a capful of Calgon plus using the same cap at least a good capful of Dawn dish detergent.
IMO I have found I have better results traveling with stuff in my black tank until I'm ready to dump. I believe the motion of the fluids in the tank help break up the solids plus "scrub" the tank. So when I do decide it's time to dump that's the first thing I do after setting up.
You know, these tanks have square corners and flat bottoms with the valve cut into the bottom without any sump so regardless how long they're flushed or how many times they're filled with water and dumped, $#%* is always going be hung up in the corners.
I'll tell you a story sometime when I see you. You guys coming to any rallies this summer?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well as promised... Here is a picture of the dump stations before I tilted the trailer with the level-up jacks.
I had hooked up and pulled the black tank drain valve and let most of it run out before I tilted it with the jacks. As soon as I tilted it a big gush of you know what came gushing out of the tank. All of that would still be trapped in there if I hadn't tilted the coach towards the dump station.
e8863bf7e8d0e9a088bd7cc5d30678a9.jpg

After
b39fe7162aaa299bf0575f3567cd12ce.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk