EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Longs * - 04/23/2010 to 04/25/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

I made this at the rally and a few folks asked for the recipe. Here it is :)

Corn Casserole

I make this at some rallies. Easy to make and tasty.

Ingredients

• 1 can cream-style corn
  • 1 can regular corn (drained)
  • 1 box Jiffi (or similar) corn bread/muffin mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • ½ stick salted butter (4 tablespoons)
  • ¼ cup finely chopped onion
  • ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
  • ½ seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper
  • Salt to taste

Steps

• Preheat oven to 350 F
  • Add chopped vegetables and butter to 2 quart baking dish (or half steam table sized foil pan) and bake for about 10 minutes until butter is melted and vegetable begin to soften
  • Remove from oven and add remaining ingredients. Stir well to incorporate well
  • Bake at 350 for about 60 minutes until dish is well set in the center and browned nicely

Notes

• The chopped vegetables can be considered as option as I only began adding them the last few years. I really like the color and the extra flavor kick.
  • This recipe doubles easily. You may need to add up to 15 minutes cooking time when doubling.

Recipe by Jim Beletti – Streamwood, Illinois

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
And it was very good.It is definately on Renee's to make list.Having a great time.Leaving in the morning for Hatteras.

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
What a wonderful time!! Larry and Sam you sure know how to throw a party. Dale and I are willing to help in any way we can on future rally's. Phil, Austin will be joining us at Darlington in a couple of weeks I'm sure he would love to meet up with "his friend". We're looking forward to the fall rally in North Carolina, and hopefully many other rally's in the future. You guys on the way to the regional be safe.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks again for everyones help and thank you to everyone who came and participated in the SC Rally.
Sam and I enjoyed everyone's company.
We are now sitting at Hatteras looking forward to the Eastern Rally. It is alittle breezy to say the least. I wish Gus would do something about that. It is messing up my hair.
Randy, I still have your constellation book. Do you want me to give to someone who is going to Nashville?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks again for everyones help and thank you to everyone who came and participated in the SC Rally.
Sam and I enjoyed everyone's company.
We are now sitting at Hatteras looking forward to the Eastern Rally. It is alittle breezy to say the least. I wish Gus would do something about that. It is messing up my hair.
Randy, I still have your constellation book. Do you want me to give to someone who is going to Nashville?

I've put in a requisition for calm air Larry! I understand there is a substanstial delivery backlog however.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
To carry on the excitment of the SC Rally, I have added some pictures to the H.O.G. along with the pictures Davebennington (Dave Yocum) took.

These pictures were taken by Bill Hosack (Big Horn on the lake with the Hot Tub!!) Thanks for the pictures . Click here.
//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main...2_GALLERYSID=468e0584aeafcbfb2781f8b4df4ffebe

Status
Not open for further replies.