EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Longs * - 04/23/2010 to 04/25/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Well, I am practicing for retirement! Sorry but I'm too busy clogging my arteries with other things. Can't afford to give the grits a shot at them right now. Maybe later!

You really aren't missing anything when it comes to grits. I think you have to born in the south, not just live here to appreciate grits.
Being a transplanted yankee for 30 years, I have tried grits many times....They still taste like wet cardboard to me.
With that said, we will NOT be serving grits with the donuts!!!!

Sorry Terry.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You really aren't missing anything when it comes to grits. I think you have to born in the south, not just live here to appreciate grits.
Being a transplanted yankee for 30 years, I have tried grits many times....They still taste like wet cardboard to me.
With that said, we will NOT be serving grits with the donuts!!!!

Sorry Terry.

A little brown sugar and a pat of butter and they are yummy! Guess it really is a Born in the South thing. See ya Thursday. In lieu of the grits, I'll take a Belgian Waffle (w/ whipped cream and strawberries, please)!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I
A little brown sugar and a pat of butter and they are yummy! Guess it really is a Born in the South thing. See ya Thursday. In lieu of the grits, I'll take a Belgian Waffle (w/ whipped cream and strawberries, please)!
How about a pecan pancake and a slice of country ham.Or some rice with ham and a good ole home made biscuit.Breakfast is my meal.

SouthernNights

Now you guys are talking Breakfast.!!!

For all those coming to the SC Rally, Sam and I are looking forward to seeing old friends again and making new new ones. I have to admit I am getting excited about two rallies back to back.

Sam and I will be getting to WillowTree on Wednesday. If, for what ever reason, some one needs assistance, my cell # is 803-236-9277.

One final note on the directions. If you are coming in from the 905 side out of Longs and miss the turn into WillowTree-dont worry. If you continue down the road another mile or so, Old Buck Creek rd. turns 90 degrees to the left. There is a dirt road that comes into it from the right and it is very easy to turn around there. According to some of the WillowTree staff, that happens quite a bit. It is not hard to see the entrance but if you are driving with GPS, for some reason some of the systems ( I know for a fact Tom Tom does) tell you that you have another half mile to go as you pass their entrance.

Anyway, we will see everyone there!!!!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Larry, Santha and I will arrive on Wednesday. We are leaving Atlanta on Tuesday and spending the night at one of our nice state parks
here in Georgia on lake Oconee. We should arrive around early afternoon. Lets have a camp fire and tell some tall tales. Randy

SouthernNights

Hey Randy, would love to have a campfire Wednesday evening-however our firewood will probably still be enroute.

There will several people there by the time we get in. Bill and Sallie Hosack, Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck, C. Gifford ( I am not sure but I think they are from Az. and just happen to be here the same time as the rally).

Most people are coming in on the 22nd and still ore on the 23rd.

Anyway, have a safe trip from Ga. Looking forward to our fire!!!

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Arrived at Willow Tree earlier today. Beautiful campground. Looking forward to seeing everyone as the rigs arrive throughout the week. Had a good uneventful trip down from Va Beach. Hoping the rest of this four month trip goes the same.

Kevin

SouthernNights

Glad you made it safely Kevin.

We will see you tomorrow. After dealing with realtors ALL day today, I have had enough.

See you soon. Oh yeah, could you please sweep off my site for me???

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Kevin - can you clean off 53 also? We'll see you on Thursday!

Gus,
You can be sure your site will be cleaned by me. Though, if there happens to be pine cones and maybe a bucket of dirt on it I have no idea how that would have happened. See you Thursday

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Can't wait to get there. We're in Selma, NC tonight. Can't get the @^%$$#%% satellite to get a signal. Found it once, then lost it. DW is not a happy camper tonight. Should be in early afternoon tomorrow. Who's the satellite TV expert?

SouthernNights

Sorry about the satelite. Now you can curl up with a good book.:)

Actually, we have had a good day.
Kevin and Nelly have your site spotless!! Randy and Santha and Bill and Sallie are busy walking dogs.
John and Marsha are right across from us keeping an eye out for Heartlanders coming in.

Hope everyone has a safe trip. This place is well worth the effort it takes to get here.

See you soon.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
I look forward to seeing everyone late Friday afternoon/evening. Unfortunately some of us have to keep working to put $$$ into the SS system that won't exist when I retire! Working my way back home from Chattanooga so we can start packing Thursday night and leave Friday afternoon. Don't use up all the fun before I get there!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
This is going to be the longest day! Waiting to punch out is tough! Should be leaving by 12:30 and staying in Emporia VA tonight. Makes for a short ride to the fun tomorrow morning! See "Y'all" on Friday! Everybody drive safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.