EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Longs * - 04/23/2010 to 04/25/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSF513

Larry: We have a 6 foot table also that stays in the unit. Since it is already at Willow Tree, we'll bring it.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Pete, I thought you said you pulled the trailer home? You decided to leave it?

Anyway, bring the table. The more we have the better.

And Phil, just so you know-Mickeys hands help me tell time and he is always right---Yes I really do have a Mickey Mouse watch--I wear it when I go camping--doesn't everyone?

tomj

Sue and I will not be able to attend the rally at Willow tree. We were looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing some old friends. We will contact the campground today.

davebennington

Hi All,

This announcement is for anyone who is NOT yet a HOC member, we will have HOC kits at the rally for those who would like to join. No waiting for the mail the HOC kit will be presented upon payment.

Dave

SouthernNights

We are going to have a slight change to the Itinerary for the rally.
Gary F will not be joining us at the rally so there is a small change for our "How to" session.

Instead of a screen door mod we will have a class on how to build the PVC light posts that a lot of people have in front of their trailer.

The light post will then be given away.

I will send out an updated itinerary once we get home.

f250dieseldad

For all of you who are attending the rally, we have a kingpin tripod we no longer use. If anyone wants it you can have it for free. Just let me know via a PM. I am also going to post this for the Eastern Regional Rally. First to respond can have it.

SouthernNights

For all those coming to the SC Rally; here is the latest and final (I think)itinerary.

You all should have also recieved this as a PM.

Friday, April 23rd 2010

Check in and settle in.

Ann and Mike Walker are our official greeters.

7:00 PM—Gather around the campfire. Phil Smith will be providing our fires. If any one can bring a little fire wood, please let me know.

Saturday April 24th 2010

8:00 AM Coffee and donuts at site #52

10:00 AM Fire prevention specifically for RVs presented by Cathy of Horry County Fire and Rescue.

Lunch on your own.

2:00 PM Building a PVC lamp post.

5:00 PM White Elephant gift exchange. If everyone will bring a small gift either wrapped or in a bag. Please keep the cost of the gift to $10.00 or less. It can even be something used from your house or a regift. (Great way to get rid of some of the Christmas presents that just doesn’t do it for you.)

Please if there are two of you in the trailer, please bring two gifts.

Remember, keep the gifts cheap and they do not have to be RV related.

6:00 PM Potluck dinner. If weather permits it will be held at the campsites. If weather is not good, we do have the Banquet room.

Please bring your main course and a side dish to share. This can either be a vegetable, a casserole or a dessert.

7:30PM at the Banquet Hall-Jim Beletti will give a 30 minute presentation on the “NEW” forum.

8:ish Phil's Phire

Sunday April 25th 2010

8:00 AM Coffee and donuts at site 53.
Gus has something to say!!!! (Convoy to the OBX)
Thanks everyone for coming to the South Carolina Spring Rally. See you down the road.

I think on the PM Phil's Phire was left off for Saturday night. Sorry.

SouthernNights

For those of you who would like to build a lamp post with us at the SC Rally here is a material list.

If you need help building it, there will several of us who will help.
If you dont have the tools, dont worry. We will have them also.
All these items can be purchased at any big hardware box store.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
PVC Lamp Post Material list for single lamp

(1) 3” toilet flange

(1) 6’ 3” PVC pipe

(1) 3” x 3” x 1 1/2” x 1 ½” double tee

(1) 4’ 1 ½” PVC pipe

(2) 1 ½” end caps

(1) 3” to 2” coupling (PVC fitting)

(1) lamp post light w/ light bulb

(1) PVC glue

(1) extension cord

(2) wire nuts

Tools needed

Handsaw or sawzall

Hand drill and 3/8” drill bit

Wire cutters

Phillips and flat bladed screwdriver

(1) can of spray paint if you want it painted.

(3) tent stakes or large flower pot for stand.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Yahoo! Good weather, good friends, good food. What more could we ask for? We'll see "Y'all" next Friday.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Debbie,now y'all are sounding like a true Southerner!Don't forget to bring the grits.

Well, I am practicing for retirement! Sorry but I'm too busy clogging my arteries with other things. Can't afford to give the grits a shot at them right now. Maybe later!

Status
Not open for further replies.