EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Longs * - 04/23/2010 to 04/25/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
For everyone coming to the SC rally, I will be sending out our itinerary next week along with a complete list of who is coming and what site they are on. That should make it easy for everyone to look up friends and cut down on some of the walking.
This place does not have alot of sites but it is spread out with HUGE sites.

Please watch for a PM from Sam and I.

Mike Walker also sent out a reminder on the shirts. If you haven't done so, please get them ordered this weekend.

If you are going to play golf, also contact Mike. He is the head golfer guy on this outing.

Please pay special attention to the directions that have been posted. I can't stress enough the importance of having the Old Buck Creek rd. address in your GPS and not Buck Creek rd. or Southern Sights rd.

For those of you coming from the north down 95-if they have not redone the slow lane on on the southbound side of 95, try to run the fast lane when you hit SC. I cant remember how far down into SC, but it gets very bad until you get to Florence. Lots of lane patches and potholes. BIG POTHOLES.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. We are now up to 30 rigs and have exceeded our "reserved" sites by 5. If someone is still thinking about joining us, Call the campground and hopefully they still have a few sites available.

See you soon!

PSF513

You know Larry, it is so nice to be loved. Somehow, mix Keith, Larry, & Pete, and there is always enough to go around. I sure hope you are planning lots of fun things to do like NAP, EAT, NAP, READ, NAP, EAT. WAIT, I see a theme developing.

Mike: I will be sending you an order and a check since I know Larry won't be covering Deb's and my shirt costs.

Looking forward to seeing everyon in April

SouthernNights

Pete, I will buy Deb's shirt. You are on your own...sorry.

As far as activities-you pretty much summed it up-nap, eat, nap, eat, time for bed, nap eat......

BTW, how come you cant convince Keith to come...oh wait, he has to work...YUK. Some one has to pay for that monster truck.

SouthernNights

I have just sent a PM regarding this years SC Spring Rally.

Jpajax-It would not let me send a PM to you. Please PM me and I can email it to you.

Cant wait to see everyone. I think everyone will enjoy Willowtree and hopefully the weather will cooperate.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have just sent a PM regarding this years SC Spring Rally.

Jpajax-It would not let me send a PM to you. Please PM me and I can email it to you.

Cant wait to see everyone. I think everyone will enjoy Willowtree and hopefully the weather will cooperate.

That's your job Larry! :~)

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Larry, Got your PM. I will toss some extra wood in the back of the truck. Phil does not have to bring all of the the
wood. But if Phil insists I will let him.
I think that we will be there on the 21st. Santha has made reservations. Can't hardly wait.
Randy

SouthernNights

Larry, Got your PM. I will toss some extra wood in the back of the truck. Phil does not have to bring all of the the
wood. But if Phil insists I will let him.
I think that we will be there on the 21st. Santha has made reservations. Can't hardly wait.
Randy

Thanks Randy, we need all the help we can get.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hi Everyone,

Looking for a little advice.

1. Deb and I are planning on leaving for the rally late afternoon on Apr 21 and stopping overnight somewhere in Northern NC just off I-95. Any suggestions for a good CG between the VA border and the I-95/I-40 interchange?

2. What's the preferred/best roads route into the CG? Down I-40 and through Wilmington/US 17, and SC 9; or down I-95 all the way to SC and then over to Longs (per Larry's earlier directions)?

3. BTW, forgot to ask earlier - Do we need our Passports to come into South Carolina?:confused::rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Gus,
I have been both ways to OBX from Myrtle Beach. Coming from the north I like coming down 95 to Hwy 22 and then 9. Just seems easier but really cant remember which way is quicker.

Campground-The only one we have stayed at is RVaction in Selma NC. Good Sam park/ easy on off but definatley just an overnite type campground although it is rated pretty high in TL. Just a little noisey, it is close to the interstate.

You do not need Passports to get into SC but having confederate money helps.

jpajax

Got your pm and I will be coming in on 22nd and leaving 25th for home. Will be bring my on birthday hat for my surprise birthday party the 24th ha ha ha. Sorry didn't get your previous pm know enough about computers to be dangerous. PS will try to bring warm weather and SUN SHINE

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Gus,
The best way to get to Willowtree is I-95 south to exit 13B in NC. Take 74 East to the exit for Chadburn, NC (State route 410 and 130) Stay on 410 straight through Chadburn to tabor City it will run you into 701 south just before you cross the SC border. Just past the border turn onto SC route 9 south.

Thats the shortest route with the least amount of stop lights and best roads, Only 2 lanes you have that way is about 24 miles on 410 and 701, and they are very good roads. Whatever you do you dont want to go 95 south into SC unless you really have to, that is one awful road untill you get past Florence SC.

Campgrounds on 95 i cant help you with, Only one I know of right off of 95 is close to Selma, NC. never stayed there. Niki and I will be going down on the 22nd, maybe we will catch up with you somewhere.

JMHO,
Wesley

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
We have a screen door that we will let Gary use for the install of the door handle.Gary helped with the one on the other trailer,he did such a nice job I will let him do it agin.I will plan to bring some firewood.Would you like for me to bring any 6 ft talbes? we have 2 if needed.

SouthernNights

Dale,

It would be great if you brought the tables. It will be much easier using them than what I had planned.
Phil is bringing his e-ztents just in case of rain. We also have the banquet room for Saturday night if the weather is bad, but I am hoping we dont need it. It is a good walk to the room from the sites.
Fire wood I think we got covered but if you want to bring some maybe a wheel barrel load. Being at the end of April, who knows if the weather is going too warm for a fire or not. You know as well as I do that down here it could be 40 degrees at night or 85. If you would , just watch the weather for us and bring wood accordingly.

We already have a volunteer for the screen door mod but I bet if you brought your stuff (plexiglass and clips) Gary would help. When we thought the rally was going to be on the smaller side, we thought we could do everyones trailer that wanted it, but with 30 rigs Gary would have a full time job doing them so we limited the class to instruction on one rig.

BTW, looking forward to seeing your new rig.

jbeletti

Larry,

If needed, I carry 1 six foot table with me. I have also done at least 3 storm door mods for myself and others and can lend a hand or give tips on doing so.

My recollection of Willowtree is that they have plenty of tables inside the building for use inside.

Jim

SouthernNights

Jim, please bring the table. I hope we can eat dinner under the stars rather than the banquet hall.

For everyone one attending the rally.

We will add an informative session presented by Jim B. on the new forum and what it has to offer.

jbeletti

Jim, please bring the table. I hope we can eat dinner under the stars rather than the banquet hall.

For everyone one attending the rally.

We will add an informative session presented by Jim B. on the new forum and what it has to offer.

Will do on the table. Informative? Hopefully. I don't sing or dance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.