EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: NY, Copake - 9/28/2012 to 9/30/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

gschaaf

Hi Deb we changed our date to come in copake on thurs and leave on mon. I called the cg and they said no problem. See ya next week in VA

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
SITE ASSIGNMENTS HAVE BEEN LISTED NEXT TO YOUR NAMES ON POST 1 OF THIS THREAD!

Click HERE to be taken directly to the post.

I also posted a link to the campground map directly under the attendees list.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Well it ain't over yet! McGlynn and Gaines are on the same site! What the ??????

Ok I'll call Copake! Done!

Edit Post # 1 to McGlynn on TR-3 and Gaines on TR-13

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I sent out emails tonight to a few attendees requesting additional information for the rally. Our shirt order has to be placed on the 15th and I need a few sizes yet. Please check your email inbox!

We are counting down and there is a little over a month until rally time! It is hard to believe it is rolling up on us this fast.

There are still sites available in camp if you would like to attend. Call Cathy at Copake and she will get you set up!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Hey Deb,

Jim and I will take one xtra large and one medium. Let us know what else we can do to help

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We're getting closer to the rally and it may be time to talk about your travel route.

You GPS may try to send you on other routes but PLEASE Use the KOA directions by clicking HERE.Please remember we are in the mountains with beautiful covered bridges and such. Many roads in the area are NOT RV friendly. We have traveled all around the area and have been on many county roads I would not want to haul the rig on!

Do yourself a favor and follow the directions from the campground management!

In addition, the Taconic Parkway is off limits to trucks and trailers! Some issues include 9'clearance on some overpasses.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
If you are planning to do some sightseeing in the Copake area click HERE for a link to the Hudson Valley Tourism Site.

It has all the information you will need to plan a few side trips should you choose to head out.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
'Taconic Parkway is off limits'...have you ever noticed that in America we drive on parkways, and park on driveways. How convoluted is that?:confused:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Here is the most recent RALLY GUIDE for you to view.

There will be a full color Guide in your rally bag so there is no need to print this.

Attachments

• NE RALLY GUIDE.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Hey Deb & John,

Great job on the pamphlet it looks fabulous and well thought out. You really should do this as a career! I can't wait for the Rally it's going to be awesome!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Yes, awesome job on the flyer Debbie!
Just reading it I am getting excited. It is going to be a great Rally!
We are looking forward to seeing our friends and making lots of new ones as well.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We will be spending Labor Day weekend in Copake making the final arrangements with our suppliers and setting up the pick up and delivery of our rally "stuff"! There are still a few sites available in camp for the 1st Northeast Region Rally on September 28, 29 and 30 so give Cathy a call at Copake KOA. 518-329-2811

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Recieved an email from Mark Hathaway, our Dometic spokesman and he has obtained a Dometic portable ice maker to donate and a lucky attendee will be going home with it.
Many thanks to Mark and Dometic for their gracious donation.

If you have any specific questions about the rally or the Copake area now is the time to ask them.

We will be meeting with the Food Pantry representatives after church on Sunday so we want to remind everyone about our Heartland Gives Back Initiative. The Ro-Jan Food Pantry is excited that we have adopted them and we remind you to pack your non-perishable contributions.

It will be a busy weekend but some of our Heartland friends are meeting us there to help accomplish the tasks. This will be our last trip to Copake before the rally so if there is anything you need please let me know.

Lastly, if you are not registered and would like to attend I believe there are still sites available. Call Cathy soon!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Speaking of donated products and services, now would be a great time to extend our thanks to

Wilkins Recreational Vehicles, Inc., Bath, NY
Wilkin's has been a great supporter of the Heartland Owners Club since 2009. We truly appreciate their generosity with this as well as all other sponsored events!

Product giveaways donated by:
Blue Streak Chemical Dispensing Systems
Butch's Services
Camco
Copake KOA
Discount RV Parts & Supplies
The Dometic Group
Geico RV Insurance
Giraffe G4 Height Detection Systems
Good Sam Club
Kampgrounds Of America
Martin Marketing
Progressive Industries
Progressive RV Insurance
Scott Motorcoach
Thetford Corporation
Truck Systems Technologies
Tweety's RV Accessories
Valterra Products

Sincere thanks are extended to all of these companies for their generosity!

Status
Not open for further replies.