EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: TN, Sevierville - 4/21/2016 to 4/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The Heartland Gives Back project will be helping a local orphanage called the Smoky Mountain Children's Home. The Home was originally started in Cleveland Tennessee in 1920 before moving to the present location in Sevierville in 1949. These at-risk youth, mostly due to situations not of their doing, range in age from 13 to 18 years. The Home needs all kind of household items from paper products to clothing. Please review the attached list and lets help this group as they provide hope and a future to these young people.
View attachment Needs List Flier - SMCH.pdf

davebennington

Hey everyone,

I will be sending an E-mail to everybody who sends me a check for the dinner theater to let you know I received your check.

This is the best way I can think of to keep track of everyone who sends a check. Now if you have sent me a check and you DO NOT receive an E-mail from me let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

dave

tracks

Hey everyone,

I will be sending an E-mail to everybody who sends me a check for the dinner theater to let you know I received your check.

This is the best way I can think of to keep track of everyone who sends a check. Now if you have sent me a check and you DO NOT receive an E-mail from me let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

dave

You're the man Dave!

Last edited:

EEdawg

Clara and I just reserved our spot and will be coming up from the Huntsville Al area. We have reserved site 188 and will arrive on the 20th, leave on the 25th. This is our first rally ever and our second trip in our new bighorn. Our first trip was a month long trip from Kansas to Texas to home in Alabama. Looking forward to it.

davebennington

We have had 2 more couples sign up up for the rally, they are:

Greg & Cheryl Sandoe and Richard & Clara McInnis, Happy that you can join us at the rally.

That brings our total up to 76 rigs.

dave

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
The Heartland Gives Back project will be helping a local orphanage called the Smoky Mountain Children's Home. The Home was originally started in Cleveland Tennessee in 1920 before moving to the present location in Sevierville in 1949. These at-risk youth, mostly due to situations not of their doing, range in age from 13 to 18 years. The Home needs all kind of household items from paper products to clothing. Please review the attached list and lets help this group as they provide hope and a future to these young people.
View attachment 42830

That's where I grew up, back in the early 50's.

- - - Updated - - -

Faye and I will attend the Saturday Dinner Theater. Check is in the mail. Ken

jimpav

Yes, we will smoke a pork butt, with Apple wood

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we will bring our smoker for the Wednesday pot luck ...thanks

davebennington

Jim,

That is great we are now up to 4 guys who are going to bring their smokers. Yea!!!

Just for the folks who do not care for smoked meat we will have a few burgers and maybe some hot dogs for you.

dave

Last edited:

GETnBYE

Saturday night is a special night as we are offering a Pigeon Forge dinner show to rally attendees. Billed as Feudin’ Feastin’ Family Fun we will be attending The Hatfield & McCoy Dinner Show™! Picture West Side Story set in the mountains, with clogs instead of wing tips and twangy bluegrass music instead of Leonard Bernstein. Just remember, this is not a historical production, so get ready for cheesy jokes and silly dance numbers. If you like a side dish of fake dance-fightin’ with your supper — and who doesn’t — you will definitely want to join us.
Dinner is a Full Southern Homestyle Feast and includes:

• Feudin' Fried Chick'n
  • Open Pit Pulled-to-Pieces Pork Barbeque
  • Southern Style Creamy Soup
  • Smashed Mashed Taters
  • Buttery Corn on the Cob
  • Ma's Hot Homemade Bread
  • No Tellin' What's In It Coleslaw
  • Granny's Famous Specialty Dessert

Speaking of dinner, make sure you get there early, at least 45 minutes or so – as the dinner service ends at 5:00pm when the show begins!

The dinner theater is located between lights 0 and 1 on the main Parkway in Pigeon Forge, next door to the Titanic Museum.

Here’s the good news. The regular price for this show is $54.95 per person, BUT we are very pleased to be able to offer this show to you for the low, low price of $25.00 per person, thanks to the generosity of Heartland RVs.

Tickets do need to be paid for and purchased in advance. Send your checks to me, David Yocum, PO Box 571, Placida FL 33946. The checks must be in my hands absolutely no later than April 1, 2016. We will not be able to obtain additional tickets after this date, so please don’t ask.

check will be posted tomorrow!

davebennington

Does that mean that 32 couples are going to the dinner theater?????

Yes, that is correct, so far I have received checks from 32 couples (64 people). When I contacted the theater folks they were happy to accommodate us with what is said to be the "best" seats in the house.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.