flat/bare spot

well,on arriving at the park on our maiden voyage to pasco,washington.i noticed a flat bare spot the size of a my hand across the tread of my unicorn express..needless to say i pulled it off and replaced it with another foreign tire as that was all i could find in a strange town.although,my son used to work for this tire store chain.so,i knew they wouldn't carry this make if it was real bad.i will replace all four with michelin usa's in the spring and use the new towmax power king for a spare...is that spot from a brake issue? anyone have problem with towmax?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I agree with Dan. Just one brake set too tight you might not notice when stopping. Best check it out really soon. You dont want to flatten a new one again.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
What you have described is a classic brake lockup indication. You will need to have the brakes adjusted ASAP to prevent further issues. The Tow-Max tires I have heard good and bad, mostly bad. Be sure to monitor them closely and keep the proper inflation.

thank's guy's.this spring i'm going thru the brakes and bearings for the yellowstone trip next summer.oh,and by the way.the unicorn's aren't coming along.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Yup,
Had the same problem. When I checked the brake adjustment, that wheel just didn't feel right when I spun it. Pulled the drum and found both shoes and drum all scored up from some debris that was caught in there. Couldn't prove it came that way from the factory, but it did happen in the first 500 miles...