Got a new Job today! Going to work for the Great Smoky Mountain National Park!

FiremanBill

Well folks there a good days, there are great days, there are amazing days... and there there are days like today!

I got the call about 5pm today that I have been selected to be the new 911 Telecommunications Manager for the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I should be reporting for duty mid march.

I will be leaving the United States Air Force after just over 33 years and 5 months of combined Active duty and Civil Service time. It will be the first time in my entire adult life that I have not worked for the Air Force.

But oh what a way to go out! I am finally getting to go home to my beloved mountains of East Tennessee.

Looking forward to this new chapter in our lives.:D

Bogie

Congrats all the way around. It looks like everything is going your way.

Thank you for your service!

Seren

Wonderful! I'll message you when we are in the area, we love the Smokies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Kbvols

Awesome!! Congratulations! Love the Smokey's we go there pretty much every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donr827

You could never have a better day. Leaving the AF and are able to get a job in my favorite part of the country. Where will you be working out of? Thank you for your service.
Don

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new found job. Our last vacation was in the region. Beautiful up there. Thanks for your service and good luck on your transition to civilian life.

jbeletti

Congrats Bill. We love the Smoky Mountain area and live 2 hours west of it on the Cumberland Plateau in Crossville. Or I should say, we have a home there :) We live mostly on-the-road.

porthole

Retired
Cool beans and congrats.
Love the Smoky's, am down there at least once a year riding the mountain roads.

jayc

Legendary Member
Congratulations Bill and thanks for your service. Looks like everything is working out! Good luck in the new job.

FiremanBill

You could never have a better day. Leaving the AF and are able to get a job in my favorite part of the country. Where will you be working out of? Thank you for your service.
Don

Thanks all! I am still on cloud 9!

Don I will be working at the Park Headquarters facility at the Sugarlands Visitor Center. It is near the main Entrance from Gatlinburg.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Hey, Congrats Bill. Going to a favorite place and getting paid to be there to boot!! Can't get much better than that!! We'll have to stop by and say Hi when we are in the Smokies. I guess this means we won't see you in Temperanceville in May??

FiremanBill

Yeah I wasn't going to be able to go to Temperanceville anyway as our Daughter graduates from George Mason University on May 16th.

Kind of need to go to that... lol