Got to see the Georgia - Clemson game!

Georgia_Biker

OK folks we are still "Newbies" and enjoying every trip out in our Bighorn 3610RE. We are going to Cherokee this weekend for Labor Day. We are staying at Happy Holiday Campground - second time. Last time I could not get a Dish signal (very common). They do have cable but, I did not have a cable with me then. Ok here's my questions: If the fat chance I get a Dish signal and I move the Dish receiver to the basement connection will it work? Second question if the Dish don't work and I use the cable ( got a coaxial now) will it come through the basement outlet. We have to be outside with a mixed GA vs Clemson crowd because I don't want inside damage to my new Bighorn. - Thanks

danemayer

Hi Larry and Sharon,

In the UDC, you probably have 4 coax connectors for satellite. One pair is for the living room and the other usually goes to the bedroom. For each pair, usually the right hand connector goes to the rooftop in case you install a rooftop dish. The left hand of each pair goes to the target destination. Unless Heartland has changed this scheme recently, there's no satellite feed to the basement.

The basement coax connector is probably for the cable/antenna feed. But, there's no reason you need the internal wiring for this scenario. Just run the coax from the dish straight to the receiver you put in the basement and connect that receiver to the TV.

If you end up using cable, connect your coax to the cable coax connector in the UDC, turn off the signal booster (probably in the bedroom closet), and set the TV menu to CABLE. You may have to do a channel scan.

Georgia_Biker

Dan & Ann! Thanks for your reply - you have answered my questions and once again added to my faith in the Heartland Forum - ya'll have a great weekend - GO DAWGS!!!

Prairiedog

Larry & Sharon,

Was at that game, albeit not in my Bighorn unfortunately -- we too have a new 3610RE! And, we too have a "mixed" marriage (wife went to Clemson, I went to Georgia). If you nail down the best Sat setup for the inside of your BH, please share. Need to get a satellite setup beginning in October and have read horror stories about people rewiring their rig. If you've figured it all out, would love to hear about it.

And, as sad as the labor day game was, last week's game was awesome (and between the Hedges!). Go Dawgs!

Rob