Heading Warm (from Cold Alberta)

brianharrison

We are heading to Palm Springs CA for our first warm winter. Unfortunately I do still have a full time job so will be setting up camp in Palm Springs and then El Centro and flying back and forth to Alberta.

We are so looking forward to it....

Brian

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351996221325.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351996221325.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 45

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We spent one winter (2009-2010) in Indio. What a wonderful area. It was warm and dry all winter with fantastic views everywhere. Loads of things to do and see and many places to eat. Just an FYI, if you need a Sam's Club or Costco, they are both at exit 131 off of "the 10".
In El Centro we had a friend wintering at the Navy Base. It just happens to be the winter home of the Blue Angels. They practice every day and they put on an air show towards the end of the season. Have fun!

ILH

Palm Springs is a beautiful area. When my wife and I were first married, my in-laws had a condo there and we would vacation there inexpensively during the winter. Of course, this was long before our years RVing. Most important - enjoy the great local food. There used to be some huge flea markets / swap meets in the area (including Indio). We haven't been back in years - and my wife really wants to go again.

CactusTwo

Great!! we just finished a 53 week "livin' the dream" and also stayed in PS at TT in Indio, go to Shield's for a date shake. Enjoy the time away
Len
2008 GMC duellie
2011 3950 Cyclone
Reese 5th Airbourne and 20k

brianharrison

Thanks for the insights on the area. We are looking forward to it and yes, I am aware of the El Centro Blue Angels winter base. The sound of jets overhead is soothing white noise for the wife and I - we grew up living near a Canadian Air Force Base (Cold Lake) where the Canadian F18s, TBird trainers and the annual Maple Flag exercises are held. Canadian show jets, the Snowbirds (yup really) came every year as well.

We will be in Indio, to be exact. We'll be at the Rio Bend RV and Golf resort outside of El Centro (west and south of base).

Forgot to mention our route is straight down I15.

Brian

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Brian, Where in Indio? We were at Shadow Hills RV Resort on Jefferson and I-10.

Also, be sure to visit "The Slabs". It's south on the east side of The Salton Sea. Here's a LINK. In Niland, CA east on Beal Rd.

ILH

go to Shield's for a date shake. Enjoy the time away
Len
2008 GMC duellie
2011 3950 Cyclone
Reese 5th Airbourne and 20k

It's been more 20 years since I last had one and I still rave to my kids about the date shakes! ;)

brianharrison

Brian, Where in Indio? We were at Shadow Hills RV Resort on Jefferson and I-10.

Also, be sure to visit "The Slabs". It's south on the east side of The Salton Sea. Here's a LINK. In Niland, CA east on Beal Rd.

We will be arriving at Shadow Hills tomorrow (Tuesday) and staying until next Tuesday. I asked Jane if we could have site 87. We should be there after 6:00.

Hope to look you up!

Brian