High Clearance Gas Station

Westwind

I use google to map out our trip, I can get about 190 miles towing and have 1/4 left so I try to locate fuel stops every 200 miles, once I figure out where it is I look for fuel stations/truck stops. I locate an address and put it into Google maps and use the satellite view and try to locate the fuel stop so that I can get a aerial view of the fuel stop to get a feel for how tight it might be. I also keep the address or fuel slips for where I filled up so if we go again I have a list of good stops.

Herm45

thanks to all,
My truck has a restrictor intake on the fuel intake pipe. I need to see if it is removable, if not the I feel sure I can get a new intake installed. A few pilot's that I have seen could be a bit tight that is why I was inquiring about going where the big rigs refuel. You know this is a "rookie" just now but a couple of longer trips will make me a "pro". Thanks again to all. We have a very genuine caring bunch of folks. Take care and Happy Trails.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You also have to be careful entering the fuel stops as some are elevated above the street. We ran into this once and when entering the angle was such that the bed rail on the truck bed got damaged by the hitch/5er contact. Cost about $150 to replace the plastic cap on top of the bed rail. You best stop is Flying J as they have dedicated RV pumps, even though their prices are usually a few cents higher. You can help save with their frequent fueler RV card which is free.

taken

One thing to remember when using the high speed pumps at the truck stops. They don't have auto shutoff like the standard pumps do. So, listen carefully and when you will hear it getting full, stop it early or else you'll have a mess on the side of your truck and the ground.

rgwilliams69

If you live in the Midwest, Casey's stations (newer ones) are all tall enough to get the Cyclones through with room to spare. At ours here in my little town I can pull in and fill the diesel at the front pump, and gas at the back pump, at the same time. Of course that is considering that the pumps aren't tied up on either end. But their diesel is always put on the outside edge pumps so that makes it pretty easy.