"Hose Taste" in Water

dfowler

I recently bought a water hose designed for use for the city water connection. It was advertised "no hose taste", but the water has the worst taste you can imagine, even with a filter. Is there something I can do to make the water taste better, or try another hose? Also, does any new hose have to be "treated" with anything before the first use? Thanks for any help.

PeternLiane

I doubt that its your hose. I think that its your pipes. You can unhook the hose and take a drink to see. Sometimes the Dealer at the PDI use a regular old hose to fill up the fresh water tank. They also use it for the city hook up. Once they use that hose and run it. The pipes keep that flavor for a while after. I have been told it could take as long as three years to get rid of that flavor. Our dealer did use that old hose too. Our NT has the bad flavor in it. I will bleach the tanks and run the water in hopes that it'll help but I doubt it for a while.

jnbhobe

I would fill the water tank and add some bleach and run it thru all the faucets, let it sit over nite and flush it all back out and see if that helps.

jpajax

I found that after you use the bleach and flush it out , put about a half a box of bakeing soda in the end of hose (by using a funnel) run water into the camper's system let it set over night and flush it again. If this does not work you might have to check and see if Heartland used the wrong hose that goes between the docking station and the pump this was done in the past. Hope you get it cleared out. It will be the white hoses the conect to the blue hoses. PICT0959.jpg

wdk450

You can put the baking soda in by making a solution of it in a pail and pouring that in.
In the meantime, carry bottled water and/or a water purification pitcher (Brita or Pur).

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I found that after you use the bleach and flush it out , put about a half a box of bakeing soda in the end of hose (by using a funnel) run water into the camper's system let it set over night and flush it again. If this does not work you might have to check and see if Heartland used the wrong hose that goes between the docking station and the pump this was done in the past. Hope you get it cleared out. It will be the white hoses the conect to the blue hoses. View attachment 18591

I have to chuckle everytime I see this picture:). Looks like my 7 year old grandson got in there and decided to run the lines and connections.

PUG

Pug
if you had been using your trl before with a different hose and all tasted well until you bought this new hose then it is the hose. Take it back and buy a good one. I had one do that once.

lwmcguir

Try adding a liter of hydrogen peroxide from the drug store. (don't use commercial or dilute it down to 3%) Works better than bleach and won't damage your tanks and fittings.

Bob Vaughn

The baking soda is the best idea because clorine will give the water a funny taste. I have used hot-hot water to dissolve the baking soda completely then in order to get it into the pipes without having to put it into the fresh water tank would be to get a brand-new never used fertilizer sprayer that goes on a hose pipe. Then pour batches of the baking soda water in the bottle and turn on the water and all the faucets inside . Continue this drill until the pipes have all been flushed with the baking soda water. Then flush all the lines with fresh water from a white camper hose.