Houston 2009 Spring rally

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Jay;
Please sign us up for the Spring Rally at Raiford. We'll come in Thursday night (2 Apr 09) if Raiford has the space. Weather should be great by then.

Tom & Marti Mangum

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Tom and Marti, I added you to our list. It will be good to see you again.

I met the owner of a Big Country today in the park and invited them to join us also.

rhwusa

Hi Jay,

Put Randy and Jan Wheiles on the list.

I contacted Rayford and have a reservation.

This is our first Rally and we are looking forward to it.

jayc

Randy and Jan, welcome to your first rally. You will love it with the other Heartland family members.

we're looking forward to meeting you soon.

jayc

I added two sites for Camping World to use as displays for a Landmark and a Bighorn.

I spoke with Ray Robinson at the RV show yesterday and made him a reservation for one of the cabins, so he will be here for the rally.

I also spoke to a friend of mind who owns the Master Hitch http://www.masterhitch.com/ about coming to the rally to give a talk/question and answer session on Saturday afternoon. Please give some feedback about this if you are interested in this.

I have heard from EVDO Alex about coming again, but he has another obligation for this date.

Last edited:

JimandSina

Jay,
Please add me and Sina, I just made our reservations and we are scheduled for site #60, see you there
Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I also spoke to a friend of mind who owns the Master Hitch http://www.masterhitch.com/ about coming to the rally to give a talk/question and answer session on Saturday afternoon. Please give some feedback about this if you are interested in this.
Jay, I am interested in some type of step to make it easier to access the front section of the truck bed on my Cheby Duuuly. They have a "Ranch Step" on their website but it says it's for Ford/Dodge. It does mention Chevys in the description though. Do you anticipate these folks offering any discounts or having accessories available ?

truknutt

Committed Member
Ray,

When you open the Ranch Hand Step link, there are 2 thumbnails in the upper left. The bottom one is for Chevy/GMC. Instead of round holes it has diamond holes.

jayc

Jim and Sina, I will add you to our list. Jim it was good to see you again at the RV show.

Ray, I'll check on any discounts from Master Hitch. They are a great company and good to do business with.

I met Richard Jagiello at the Heartland luncheon in McAllen. He is a retired Detroit Mich. police officer, so we have something in common. He will be attending also.

I had a PM from Dick and Gayle Savoie, who have called the park and made a reservation.

truknutt

Committed Member
Jay, I am interested in some type of step to make it easier to access the front section of the truck bed on my Cheby Duuuly. They have a "Ranch Step" on their website but it says it's for Ford/Dodge. It does mention Chevys in the description though. Do you anticipate these folks offering any discounts or having accessories available ?

Ray,

I too have been looking for a step of some kind to access the front of the cargo box. I don't have a Cheby but found a step that might work for those "other than Blue Oval" trucks with some modification.

The Carr Tool Box Step clamps around the frame so it may work for other than Super Duty models. The distance from frame to outside of sheetmetal may be the difference. Here are some links:

Carr website

Exploded View (If you wish to have something fabricated to work)

Best price I have found (plug in 2008 Ford Full size pickup. only Super Duty comes up.)

Bully has a swing out step but I have read that it won't work with duallys. they don't say why not though.

Good luck in the search.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray,

I too have been looking for a step of some kind to access the front of the cargo box. I don't have a Cheby but found a step that might work for those "other than Blue Oval" trucks with some modification.
Thanks for the links and info. Time for a little surfing.

jayc

Jim Gibson contacted me about a friend of his, Vinny and wife Pat Detmer that want to come with us. I will add him to the list and will contact the park to see if there are any more sites available for the weekend.

jayc

I got some news from Melissa at the park today. She said "I currently I have 27 sites on hold for you for April 3rd to April 5thI have some premium sites open if anyone wants to pay the additional $10 to be in those sites. I also have a few more standard sites open as well but they are not within the group", so if anyone wants one of the premium sites or if we go over our number of sites, we can still add folks as necessary.

jfrench

Cant wait

First off I just can’t wait. I need a break! Second is there going to be pot luck????????? J
I do plan on bring a landmark and a bighorn for me and another person to say in. I also will be bring some big gifts this time (but you will have to wait and see what the gifts are wink wink). Also I plan on bring a tech out again. We will try to get to everyone but I can not promise we will. Please don’t forget that the tech will only be able to do miner repairs there and have limited supplies and tools with him. Thank you for understanding.

See you soon!
Joe French

P.S.

POT LUCK! POT LUCK! POT LUCK! J
The best cooks I have found at any rally so far are by far at the Heartland Rallies.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Jay, We are now registered for THE RALLY (in Albuquerque) and will be staying on THE RALLY grounds. We are also staying the two early days. We will be staying at Kiva RV Park on the 13th and 14th of April.

jayc

Joe,
A potluck dinner sounds good to me, but I would like to hear from some others before we commit to this. Like you, we've always had great food at our Heartland rallies and we always have plenty of food for everyone to get plenty to eat.

Jim, we are leaving for Albuquerque the week after the Heartland rally. Tom and Judy are also going, so maybe we can make a Heartland convoy out of it to THE RALLY. We will be staying at the High Desert RV Park just outside of town.

jfrench

Jay when you can please give me a call on my cell. I would like to see if you would like someone from Camping World to come and talk about the new toys that have came out. There is some new Satellite that have came out with HD and internet and really cool alarm system that will text you when your RV temp get out of whack so all your pets will be ok or sound off if anyone trays to break in, and there easy to install and cheap. I love my toys so was thinking it might be cool to have there to show and talk about.