I am having a problem

jstarwal

I am having a problem with my city water leaking into my freshwater tank. I'm trying to figure out how the city watet is filling up the freshwater tank without having the hose actually hooked in there. It must be a valve that is leaking into the fresh water tank. Any ideas.

Jack & Lynette

danemayer

There's a check valve in the water pump that is supposed to keep water from flowing backward through the pump and into the fresh tank when you're connected to city water. If it gets crud stuck inside, it have allow a gradual fill. You can either replace the pump, or add an inline check valve on the suction side.

If you have a 4-way Anderson Valve in the Universal Docking Center (UDC), it's also possible that it may be leaking, allowing city water into the fresh tank.

Until you get it fixed, you can shut off the city water and run the pump, using the water in the fresh tank.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Jack,
We have had this problem. It was the valve. Heartland sent us a new one and the orings were cracked on it also. They sent another and it has been working.

We are in site 46.

jstarwal

Danemayer, I will check my water pump and see if there's a problem there. I just got done draining the water this morning and dump it over by the trees. Until I get it fixed l turn my water off when we leave. Next time I will turn my city water off and use what's in a freshwater tank. Good idea.

Jack & Lynette

KARRON

We have 2012 Elkridge, and we are going to have to change the fresh water tank, it is leaking has anyone had to do this. If so where do you get a new tank, and what kind of reinforcement did you do tohold the tank inplace. There is only one brace under there now, by looking at it that brace maybe the problem.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Domi

We have 2012 Elkridge, and we are going to have to change the fresh water tank, it is leaking has anyone had to do this. If so where do you get a new tank, and what kind of reinforcement did you do tohold the tank inplace. There is only one brace under there now, by looking at it that brace maybe the problem.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Can you find where it is leaking? If it is realtivly small you couild use JB wet weld to fix it. I put a hole about the size of a screw by accident into the bottom of my fresh tank and that stuff fixed it no problems. It is a great compound thst you can get at Wal-Mart to fix any pipe or tank thst is leaking and it is permenant.

I made my own sling but I do not think it held well. I might have to go back in there and do something else or just leave it. it is not going to fall out from what I can see.

Good luck

John