Large Awning on 4200

jam20ster

I noticed today that my large awning on my RV has a slight sag in the middle. Has anyone added a awning support to the middle, since the awning is so long? For those of you that have had a similar or 4200 model TH, have yall noticed this happening to yours?

Last edited by a moderator:

cdensomnia

I dont have any sagging. Are the arms that are loaded by the little shocks extending all the way out? If you adjust the arms in does it make any difference?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

jam20ster

The sagging im talking about is when the awning is completly rolled in. It seems that since the length of the awning is so long that the weight creates a slight sag. It may be normal, just noticed it today. I will post a pic tomorrow of it.

BLHFUN

No sagging on mine. Seems pretty tight. I'll check it again next Thursday when I pick it up.

OEFVET

Only time I had sagging is when I rolled it up wet. I try to avoid doing that. Now as long as it is dry when rolling it up there is no sagging.

Westwind

Are you referring to the tube that holds the awning sagging our the awning when it is extended sagging?

jam20ster

Im referring to the tube itself. I think after looking at it a bit closer its just normal and nothing to be concerned about. I will just keep an eye on it.

kirkules

I sprayed my slide rails on the arms with a silicone film to allow a smooth glide ,
They would stick and jump a little ,, all good now .