Leak on Ice Maker Line at Drain Valve

Georgia_Biker

On a recent camping trip after setting up I noticed water on top of my left rear stabilizing pad. I looked under the frame and there is a slight water drip coming from the drain valve on the ice maker water line. The water is coming from around the rubber seal where the line goes into the valve.
Can I replace the rubber seal or do I have o replace the entire valve? Do I also have to replace the entire waterline in order to get it through the valve or can I splice in w I need?

Any advice or help would be appreciated-

Attachments

• IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 45

jbeletti

I doubt there's a replaceable seal in that push-fit T. I'd replace it all or remove it. If you're within warranty, you can likely get a replacement direct from Heartland.

Georgia_Biker

Hey Jim-

Thanks for the reply - it is still in Warranty and I am going to contact Heartland about the part. I would rather replace it myself if I can get some advice on procedure.

jbeletti

Hey Jim-

Thanks for the reply - it is still in Warranty and I am going to contact Heartland about the part. I would rather replace it myself if I can get some advice on procedure.

Remove a screw that holds the strap that holds the valve to the frame. Using your fingers, slide them down the length of the poly line to the fitting of the valve and push inward on the edge of the connector while pulling outward on the poly - this will disengage the poly from the push-fit fitting.

If you can't get it, just cut the poly at each end of the fitting, pull a few inches of slack out of the frame and push the ends of the poly into the end fittings on the new valve. Just make sure the ends of the poly are cut cleanly and flatly.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Your problem may be as simple as squaring the cut on the end of the poly line.
Remove the poly line from the leaky spot and cut about a quarter inch off the line, then re-install it.

Peace
Dave

EPaulikonis

I'd consider removing all of the poly line and the drain valve too and replace with upgraded braided line. I just did this on my Landmark based on number of leaks others had experienced with their rigs over time. Took ~30 min to remove the fridge, pull the new line through, and move fridge back into place.

Put down 2 x 4 with plywood and rolled the fridge right out of the slide onto the makeshift deck. Made it super simple to get it back into the slide. I was the only one moving the refrigerator. Be sure to remove screws at the base of the refrigerator behind the kick plate and the fascia and framing on top of the refrigerator too. It will roll right out once you have all the screws removed.

I used a 20' and 10' piece of braided icemaker lines to run from the back of the fridge all the way back to the shutoff valve under the sink. Taped the braided line onto the end of the poly under the slide to pull through bottom of the slide to the refrigerator to start. Then I did same on poly through the frame to valve under the sink. Only hole I had to work on to get the fitting through was the floor of the slide up to the refrigerator. Difficult area too because the water line and the propane line run through the same opening...so be careful if you have to ream it out.

Drain valve was a waste IMHO, so I didn't replace it. I blow out the lines with the compressor whenever I need to have it empty.

On a recent camping trip after setting up I noticed water on top of my left rear stabilizing pad. I looked under the frame and there is a slight water drip coming from the drain valve on the ice maker water line. The water is coming from around the rubber seal where the line goes into the valve.
Can I replace the rubber seal or do I have o replace the entire valve? Do I also have to replace the entire waterline in order to get it through the valve or can I splice in w I need?

Any advice or help would be appreciated-

Georgia_Biker

Thanks Dave - I'll give her a try

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jim-

That sounds too easy - makes me scared (ha ha) -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Eric-

I like your idea! I was also impressed the way you got the Fridge in and out by yourself. If I have any more problems I am defnitily going to change out - I may do it anyway as time allows.
Where do you find the braided line?

EPaulikonis

Picked it up at Lowe's. http://www.lowes.com/pd_247004-59288-98518___?productId=3190901&pl=1&Ntt=ice+maker+line

Thanks Dave - I'll give her a try

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jim-

That sounds too easy - makes me scared (ha ha) -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Eric-

I like your idea! I was also impressed the way you got the Fridge in and out by yourself. If I have any more problems I am defnitily going to change out - I may do it anyway as time allows.
Where do you find the braided line?

donr827

It would be nice if the factory would put a upgraded water line. I'm sure that the line that comes with the residential fridge is not made to bump down the highway.
Don