National Parks (Canada) fill up fast!

windviewer

Bruce20160701.jpg

This is a picture of one campground reservation map (Bruce National Park) for the July 1st weekend 10 minutes after reservations opened at 8am. (Our reservation was done at 8:01). If you don't have a computer these days, you are probably out of luck using the phone reservation system.

(I think most know that a red triangle means unavailable, yellow means available but not suitable for the equipment listed (24 ' TT)

dewwood

I agree it is difficult to get into the Canadian Parks. We have wanted to make the trip around the top side of Lake Superior with the camper and it is hard to find places to stay. The season is short and a lot of people apparently are on the ball like you and get their reservations in early. Do you know if there are private parks available?

Jim-Lynn

The Canadian Parks are "ok" but I really do not understand why anyone would play there games to make reservations, with most parks you have NO water or sewer and poor hydro & ALSO, pay more than a private part with full service. I have been to most of the Ontario Parks, and they are nice, but not for me with the equipment we have - plus we can not fit in most of their camp grounds. Unfortunately we in Canada are set up in the Provincial Parks to cater to the travelers. Yes they have to hold 10% of their sites for the last minute drop in, but they are sites they can not give away. denwood, if you are thinking of doing the Lake Superior, it is great, but most of the parks can not facilitate a 5th wheel or travel trailer over 30'. They are working had to get larger sites but this will take them time.... POLITICS....

windviewer

In this particular case, we wished to visit this particular park. We had already visited and scoped out the suitable campsites. Yes, it is 'primitive' in that there are no hookups, or for that matter showers even (but there is water and flush toilets). The price of this national park per night (plus the daily entrance fee unless you have a yearly pass) is still $10 less than the ONT provincial parks (without hookups). (And remember, next year (2017) is FREE entrance fees at Canadian National parks (not CAMPING fees, only the entrance fee)).

It appears that it is the LONG weekend periods where the reservations are really required. That is the case for us this time as well.