New cyclone 4100 King

scottyb

Yes, that's the same sequence as mine and they do just push/pull. I had to run water to determine what Gray 1 and Gray 2 are.

choprpilot76

And get a clear elbow connector so you can see what's going on.

Yeah, I got one of those RhinoFlex kits with the clear elbow and fittings and all. I guess I will figure it out by trial and error. I won't have a way to hook it up to water until our first time sleeping in it. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

choprpilot76

Does anyone know if the black holding tanks on a 2014 Cyclone 4100 have a type of "over-flow" port/valve/hole in case it fills up before u dump it? I'm a little worried. I have been dumping my tanks just fine with no issues but today my 4 kids filled up the black holding tank for the garage half bath before I could dump it and I notice water with a smell dripping from under the RV. It smelled like the chemical pouches/drops that I put in the toilets. It was dripping from a small screw hole in that large "mother-of-all-panels" that conceals the entire bottom of the RV. It was slightly sagging and the water was dripping from it. It has stopped now which I am hoping means there is no leak on a line. If there is an overflow port/valve/hole or something then they could have routed it out somewhere more appropriate/convenient. I am worried, can anyone who knows the plumbing and holding tank systems let me know if I am ok. We are living in this thing right now for at least two more months, and have been living in it for just over a month. The last thing I need is to have a big repair right now. That panel is to much work to drop right now at the RV park, especially when I am driving from here in Louisiana all the way to California Wednesday morning. Thanks for any quick help. Also, should it be safe to run the generator while plugged into shore power? I need to run it the once per month as recommended but didnt know if it was dangerous to do. I do have a hard-wired Progressive EMS Surge Protector installed in it. Thanks again. Daron

jimtoo

There is NO overflow on any of the tanks. If or when it gets full it will backup in the drains or maybe leak around the vent pipe connection or any connection that is not sealed good. It will probably dry out and hope you don't have to bad a smell. Best is to keep it dumped.

Hopefully some of out other members will jump in soon with their opinion.

And you should be safe to run the generator with it plugged in... but I would disconnect and make sure it's working correctly while it's running.

danemayer

Agree with Jim. There's no overflow. If overfilled, it will find a way to relieve the pressure. You may want to create an access panel in the coroplast and wash out the affected area. If you cut 3 sides of a rectangle, you can use the 4th side as a hinge. Use Gorilla Tape to close it. I would face the hinge toward the front so airflow doesn't work against keeping it closed. If there's fiberglass insulation, it may be soaked and need to be removed/replaced.

If you have the factory installed generator and generator prep, there's an automatic transfer switch. When the generator starts, after about 30 seconds, the transfer switch automatically changes over from shore power to generator power. When the generator stops, the reverse occurs.

choprpilot76

I'm just worried about how and/or where it found a way to relieve the pressure, if it opened up a seal or joint somewhere that wasn't meant to opened. I will run all the water lines today and see if it does it again, if it doesn't leak I am hoping that it didn't happen and that i am in the clear. Thanks for the info guys.

porthole

Retired
There are three holes in the tank. Toilet waste in 3" pipe, toilet waste out to dump valve 3" pipe, tank vent to roof vent 1.5" pipe.
Over the years there have been a couple of issues with either the vent pipe to tank connection or the vent pipe not extending through the roof completely.

Clean out as Dan suggested and keep on top of the kids until you have the opportunity to have it inspected.

No problem with the genny, that is what I do all the time. Genny has priority, so once running it will switch over.
When you do your monthly check, load it up with either the 2 AC's or portable heaters. Run for 20-30 minutes then turn everything off, no load for a 5 minute cool down.

BTW, that front cover on the genny needs to stay on when running. Contrary to what you may see others doing, the genny will not run cooler with the access cover off. Air flow is dependent on it being in place.

Last edited:

Atczdc

The only over flows that I have found are on the fresh water tank. There is one on each side and if full and parked at a downward angle, water will drain out

choprpilot76

Thanks guys. I am thinking it just purged its way out of the vent port on the black tank that you were talking about. Everything has been operating normally and seems to be ok. One of these days when I settle after we move I am going to try and drop the back half of that huge under panel cover and have a look see at the whole operation going on down there.
Here's a quickie. How do you change those darn round flush light bulbs? Like the ones above the sectional sofa/couch or above the Master King bed pillows, for reading. They are spring clamped in there and I don't want to break anything trying.
Can't wait to hit the road Wednesday morning, going to put almost 1800 miles on it going to southern. California, then another 1000 at the end of June to Colorado Springs. Final destination of my new job will be Salt Lake City, Utah towards the end of July. Take care everyone.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Can't wait to hit the road Wednesday morning, going to put almost 1800 miles on it going to southern. California, then another 1000 at the end of June to Colorado Springs. Final destination of my new job will be Salt Lake City, Utah towards the end of July. Take care everyone.

We'll be visiting Colorado Springs the end of June. Where are you staying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
If your flush light fixtures are like ours, you need to twist the glass cover counterclockwise to remove it. I think the bulbs are G4 halogen bulbs, but I don't remember the wattage.

choprpilot76

We'll be visiting Colorado Springs the end of June. Where are you staying?

We will be staying at the Golden Eagle on the 115 just on the southern edge of the Springs, abeam Fort Carson. We wanted to go to the new Cheyenne Mountain State Park one right outside the Fort Carson main gate but it is booked up ridiculously.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, I tried Cheyenne Mountain, they were booked back in April. We will be at Garden of the Gods RV Resort.

choprpilot76

We almost booked there but thought it looked cramped. I have been to the Golden Eagle before when my parents stayed there in their RV back in 1999 for our wedding. I remember it not being a bad place, a bit quieter and less booked and less cramped spots.

Last edited:

scottyb

Fill it slowly to allow the air to vent properly and not risk over pressurizing your tanks. The overflow lines (2) are in the tank valve compartment toward the back and hard to see. Mine are very small PEX lines, 1/8 or 1/4, with 90 degree fittings on the end.

choprpilot76

Fill it slowly to allow the air to vent properly and not risk over pressurizing your tanks. The overflow lines (2) are in the tank valve compartment toward the back and hard to see. Mine are very small PEX lines, 1/8 or 1/4, with 90 degree fittings on the end.

So fill it up sloooowly until I see it dripping out of those vents. Ok, got it, thanks.

choprpilot76

So I pulled the trigger today and ordered the Air Lift air bags for my rear leaf springs because I am not happy with the squatting that is going on. I am pulling some serious weight and the rear end is low. I want to see how this mod will effect the performance of the towing. When the front end is not nose high in the air it cam do its job better as well. My question is this: any of you 4100 owners who are running air bags on your rigs, what psi are you putting in the air bags? I have a 2012 F350 Diesel Dually. Thanks, Daron.