new owner of a gateway 3650

typical.t

Never owned a fifth wheel before always had towable trailers went to the rv show in Elkhart In. the wife feel in love with the floor plan. after some late night internet shopping read the reviews found a dealer close that had the right deal. pickup the unit labor day weekend got to use it for a few weeks before had to shut it down for the winter. I just hope that winter I short in here in Indiana so we can use it a lot more this summer.

danemayer

Re: new owner of a gateway3650

Hi typical.t,

Congratulations on the new Gateway and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sounds like Spring won't come fast enough.

sengli

Why stop camping so soon. The bath houses in most of the indiana state parks stay open till the end of this month. We go often, and dry camp. We have our rig winterized, we just use the water services on site. My cut off is snow on the roads, I wont tow the coach in the slop. I will bet you will have the campgrounds to yourself, we love it! Plus since its so late in the year, they discount the rates on the sites too.

typical.t

I never got into winter camping . We have permanent site we setup on they shut the water off 1 st on November. So we can use it longer and in the winter if we want. I don't pull it home. We do travel once in while Indiana dune state parks . Right now the rig is back at the dealer ship for a little quality control .