New Owner

Thunderbolt

We have just purchased a 2018 Cyclone 4005. We have been RVing for over 11 years. Would like to know a lot more about the 4005 including the manufacturers of the various equipment installed on it. Projects include installed an under trailer sewer hose carrier, replacing the gas generator with a propane one, and installing some system to hold the rear patio gate closed with not using the stairs.

Stephen & Trudy Jackson

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi Thunderbolt,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You will get lots of help for your mods here, just go to the area of the forum that is about your mod and ask your questions.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have just purchased a 2018 Cyclone 4005. We have been RVing for over 11 years. Would like to know a lot more about the 4005 including the manufacturers of the various equipment installed on it. Projects include installed an under trailer sewer hose carrier, replacing the gas generator with a propane one, and installing some system to hold the rear patio gate closed with not using the stairs.

Stephen & Trudy Jackson

Welcome and please consider joining the HOC as soon as you can. We are having a get together with a few others at Porches in Breaux Bridge in July. Let me know if you are interested.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new Cyclone and welcome to the forum and family. Want good info about your rig? Try joining the HOC and attend a rally and you'll get all the info you need.
You should have received your package with the RV that has all of your different appliances and product brochures included. There is also a good site on the forum about all of the different components on the rig. Slipping my mind now but I bet Dan can tell you.
Enjoy your new rig and hope to meet you down the road or at the next La. rally. Later and have a great day.

danemayer

Components and appliances often have a label showing the manufacturer name and model #. You should have received a blue pouch filled with manufacturer manuals for your components and appliances. If any are missing, there's a good chance you'll find them in our manuals section. You can get there by clicking on the TOOLS tab at top of page and selecting Heartland Owners Manuals, or by clicking this link.

We also have a collection of owner-written user guides. Same TOOLS tab, HUG-Heartland User Guides.

BigGuy82

Stephen & Trudy Jackson

In my coach, there is a complete list pasted on the inside of the control center door.

Also, just curious ... why replace the gas generator, especially when there is already a tank for it in your coach?

LBR

X2 on the generator question...

Your rear center gate on patio system should have 2 slides on either side to lock the stairs gate closed when stairs are not used....drivers side slides back and forth without a detent....passenger side does the same with a detent to secure it...

Thunderbolt

In my coach, there is a complete list pasted on the inside of the control center door.

Also, just curious ... why replace the gas generator, especially when there is already a tank for it in your coach?

During hurricanes the hardest things to find is gasoline. Propane can be stored in 100 pound cylinders almost forever. Using a hose with a male acme fitting on one end, and a POL fitting on the other, you simply connect the male acme fitting to the hose that normally connected to the propane tank and the other fitting to a 100 pound cylinder of propane. Using this system, you can use anything from a five gallon tank to the 100 pound cylinder. Another use of this system is to use a horizontal 30 pound tank at camp sites so you don't have to fight the cylinders in and out of the storage compartment. I have used this system for years and it works great. An added benefit is that you don't have to stabilize the fuel. Granted there are less BTU's in propane vs gasoline but we have never run into that problem.

Thunderbolt