ordered a 3585rl yesterday

mslater

ordered a Big Horn 3585 rl ...wish we could see pics of the new changes. Buckskin interior, only saw a 4" swatch of the color.....suppose to be different furniture and change in color and graphics. if anyone has links or pictures please post so i can see what i bought ....thanks

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
ordered a Big Horn 3585 rl ...wish we could see pics of the new changes. Buckskin interior, only saw a 4" swatch of the color.....suppose to be different furniture and change in color and graphics. if anyone has links or pictures please post so i can see what i bought ....thanks

Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Congratulations! We love ours but dont have all the new fancy changes yours is going to have. :cool:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

mslater

my B.H. is scheduled to be built today ...weather is perfect , hope everyone working on it is in a good mood.

Theresau

Both of our HL's were put on the line on a Friday; the 2010 BH took 2.5 days to complete and was completed on a Tuesday; the 2014 BH took 1.5 days to complete and was completed on a Monday. The 2010 BH had very few build issues.

Tuesday is a good day for build. The worst day is Friday according to Dr. Go Wrong.
Don

lowryc50

We originally were interested in the 3685rl because of the closet next to the entry door that the W/D could go into also. However after looking at the interior photos more we have decided to look more closely at the 3585rl becauseof the separation between the kitchen and living room compared to the 3685rl where the kitchen and living room seem to be right next to each other and no real separation. So my question is - we are looking at ordering after the first of the year(Jan/Feb) and I would like to know the approximate time it takes from ordering the unit to receiving the unit. I wondered if the time of year makes a difference or because most RV shows here in the mid west are in the winter and there would probably be alot more folks putting in orders that it would take longer to get the findished product. Also does adding options affect that? I really like the floorplan and the wife and I agree it is ok to have the W/D(if we were to get one) in the bedroom. If anyone else has a W/D in the bedroom I would like to know how it works for you. Thank you for your help. Curt

BIGBAM

Curt, we ordered the 3585rl for the same reason. We like the separation also and the overall floorplan. Our unit was ordered Sep. 25, it should go on the build line the last week of Oct. and hopefully arrive at the dealers lot the first week of Nov. We ordered almost every available option.

lowryc50

Curt, we ordered the 3585rl for the same reason. We like the separation also and the overall floorplan. Our unit was ordered Sep. 25, it should go on the build line the last week of Oct. and hopefully arrive at the dealers lot the first week of Nov. We ordered almost every available option.

BigBam, thanks for the reply. Congratulations on ordering your Bighorn. Sounds like it doesn't matter time wise if you add options. As a matter fo fact that is a pretty fast turn around time. I wonder though if it would be a longer time from order to receive if it were further into the winter when there are more RV shows as I mentioned. I would prefer to order so the receive date would be closer to spring so we could sell the house and move in right away. Going to a delaer in Elkhart next week to look at a 3585rl on the lot. Just so I can get a better idea on any changes that have been made for 2014. Thanks again. Curt

mslater

mine took about a month from order to build... its at the dealer being prepped right now , so im thinking maybe getting it next week .... that would be a total of 6 weeks... im sure it depends on time of year

BIGBAM

mine took about a month from order to build... its at the dealer being prepped right now , so im thinking maybe getting it next week .... that would be a total of 6 weeks... im sure it depends on time of year

Congrats, mslater. :)

lowryc50

Hey mslater, What dealer did you buy your unit from?

mslater

Great Lakes in Elkhart (mike Woods) only sales guy i found that truly knows the differences in Big Country and Big Horn and the different models ... i see your going next week to a dealer in elkhart ( do it quick, i should be getting it soon ) .... call mike and ask to see mine...they haven't started prepping it yet but sent me pics yesterday of the inside so it must be opened up... he also set up factory tour and went with us to it .... only a couple miles from the factory, take a flashlight with you ... if you see mine look it over good , see if you can find any problems ....mike slater

lowryc50

Great Lakes in Elkhart (mike Woods) only sales guy i found that truly knows the differences in Big Country and Big Horn and the different models ... i see your going next week to a dealer in elkhart ( do it quick, i should be getting it soon ) .... call mike and ask to see mine...they haven't started prepping it yet but sent me pics yesterday of the inside so it must be opened up... he also set up factory tour and went with us to it .... only a couple miles from the factory, take a flashlight with you ... if you see mine look it over good , see if you can find any problems ....mike slater

Mike, That is why I asked. I am going to watch the grandkids in Mishawaka next week while the daughter and SIL are out of town and I called Heartland about a dealer in the area and they told me Great Lakes RV. So I called and happened to talk to Mike Wood (what a character)and he said they had a 3585rl on the lot that was sold and had not started the prep on it and if I came on Monday I could take a look. SO...I am going over there Monday mid morning and check it out. He sent me some pics of the inside and WOW does it look nice. Congratulations on your purchase. I would like to know how dealing with Mike was. Did you feel you got a good deal? What kind of discount from MSRP could I expect to get? Did you have a trade in? Also what options did you get? I would appreciate any answers you could give me or information about your unit that you would be willing to share(I understand privacy). If you would rather PM me that would be great too. I will do my best to look over your unit however to be honest I have only been "RVing" for a couple years and have a 22ft TT. If there is anything specific I should look at let me know. How ironic is this. Certainly is a small world. Can't wait to get over there and take a look. As I mentioned we are looking at a purchase in Jan/Feb 2014. Going to look at an F-350 DRW 4x4 tonight. One year to retirement. Thanks Curt