"Our Land, Up for Grabs"

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
It's never going to happen....non binding means just that...
Don't let this get your blood pressure up.. A lot needs to happen
in both Parties and who is in the Presidents seat and the public outcry.

Bohemian

It's never going to happen....non binding means just that...
Don't let this get your blood pressure up.. A lot needs to happen
in both Parties and who is in the Presidents seat and the public outcry.

Sadly this has an ongoing target and will continue to be an ongoing target. No, not this time. That is true. However, these are the battles that you only lose once and then they are gone for millennia.

B

BouseBill

"If the measure is ever implemented, hundreds of millions of acres of national forests, rangelands, wildlife refuges, wilderness areas and historic sites will revert to the states or local governments or be auctioned off."

personally, I'd like to see the Feds out of the picture, Alaska, Nevada, Arizona can well better manage the lands within their borders than some paper pushing idgit back east. No politics, just my opinion LOL

danemayer

Oil drilling in the Alaskan Arctic Refuge and other areas is prohibited by the Federal Gov't. I wonder if the idea behind these proposals is to put those decisions in the hands of the states.

Lynn1130

I know Arizona cannot afford any more unfunded mandates and I can assure you the states will not get monies from the Feds to maintain additional lands. So we get the land and sell it off to more home builders? "They paved paradise to put up a parking lot".

According to what I read this topic has been floating around Washington since the 70's.

Bohemian

"If the measure is ever implemented, hundreds of millions of acres of national forests, rangelands, wildlife refuges, wilderness areas and historic sites will revert to the states or local governments or be auctioned off."

personally, I'd like to see the Feds out of the picture, Alaska, Nevada, Arizona can well better manage the lands within their borders than some paper pushing idgit back east. No politics, just my opinion LOL

Not at all. It would just be a sell off. Slow at first. Then rapidly.

nscaler2

Since when do we believe that our elected leaders listen to what we the voters want? All they listen to are the ones that contributed to their campaigns. We have the best government that money can buy.