Our Rally Travel Plans

HTWT

HTWT
So, where is everyone going to be before & after the rally? We may have some adjustments to make but initial plans for us are:

28 May – Clovis, NM - Sallisaw, OK
29 May – Sallisaw, Ok - Nashville, TN
30 May – Nashville, TN - Munfordville, KY
31 May – Munfordville, KY
1 Jun – Munfordville, KY – Goshen, IN
2-3 Jun – Goshen, IN
4 Jun – Goshen, In - Winchester, IN
5 Jun – Winchester, IN – London, OH – Cincinnati, OH
6 Jun – Cincinnati, Oh - Berea, KY
7 Jun – Berea, KY - Ashland, KY
8-14 Jun – Ashland, KY
15 Jun – Ashland, KY - Berea, KY
16 Jun – Berea, KY - Lebanon, MO
17 Jun – Lebanon, MO – Elk City, OK
18 Jun – Elk City, OK – Clovis, NM

Princess Kathleen

Where are we ...

Hi,
After the arrival of the first granddaughter or the Ford 350 which one comes first....they are both due during the same week. My vote is on the truck...the baby will arrive when she is ready....April 10-20 Monteal Canada
April 20-24 back to Louisiana
April 29-May 8 pick up Grand Canyon in Knoxville
May 8 returning back to Louisiana to close down the house and pack the Luv Shack
May 25 leave Louisiana heading to Toad Suck Arkansas
May 26-28 Hubby's dads home in Gainesville Missouri
May 28-30 Travel to Rally
June 1-4 Rally
June 4-8 Travel back to Louisiana to drop friends off
June 9-11 Traveling to Bolivia North Carolina
June 11-17 Taking Hubby's Mom on a short trip
June 18-23 Travel to Montreal Canada to check on granddaughter
June 23 Heading out to Travel across the top of the US using US hwy. 20
for a magical mystery tour forever:)

PK

jbeletti

PK,

When you are on your US 20 trek, you'll pass my home (Streamwood, IL) and through my hometown (Fort Dodge, IA).

Safe travels.

Jim

Deb

Deb
PK -- We just might see you in Knoxville as we will be picking up our Big Horn during the same time frame. Hope to see you there.

Deb

Tom of Ypsi

I am in the Fl Keys at the moment. Leaving tomorrow will be home for one week then leaving for Atlanta, Ga for 2 1/2 weeks, home for two day then camping somewhere in Michigan for 5 days. Home long enough to clean up the rig then to the rally. See ya'll there.

Paul & Nan

Hopefully our BH will be back in operation by the rally. We went to get it out of the "secure" storage area of our mobile home park this morning, planning to go camping after DH got off work tonight. Wrong--vandals had thrown pieces of cement block through all four door side windows. They did not manage to get rear window, thank goodness. So-glass everywhere, and of course, with the storms the last few days, water. Servepro is on the job to clean up, dealer has ordered windows-got lots of fiberglass damage as well from misthrown cement-waiting repairs. The deductable on insurance is a killer. A local RV dealer has had similar stuff the last few days.
We had unit for repairs by "factory" in Elkhart in Jan-Feb, found less than good results from that in process today. Darn-It just wasn't our day today. Nan

jbeletti

Paul & Nan,

That is just awful news. Sorry to hear about it. Out LM is parked on a seasonal site all year long and it is pretty desolate in the winter out there. I worry about mine too. Hope your dealer is able to make perfect repairs on all this for you. Time to move storage locations??

Take care,

Jim

Midastouch

I hated to read about that! I hope everything goes well to get you back in shape and on the road! I couldn't begin to post how senseless stuff like that makes me feel!

jbeletti

Paul and Nan,

I checked into how long it should take for replacement windows. As another person mentioned in another forum here, the factory does not stock extras on some items. Sounds like windows are one of those items that are not stocked as replacements - only for the production lines.

Anyway, I checked with the factory and they say new orders to Hehr are 3.5 weeks out. Once they are received by Heartland, they are crated and shipped to your dealer. This all sounds like a 5 week process at minimum.

I hope they come in soon so you can get on with your spring camping plans - plus the rally.

Take care,

Jim

BluegrassMan

Jim:
Denny here, where in Berea Ky are you staying ? I have in-laws there, I didn't know there was a campground there. Unless it's out of town to the west. There are some on south along I-75 toward London. A NICE one at Renfro Valley (between Berea and London). Then A So-So one at London off 75 on a south state road.

I get down there fairly often, just being nosey but isn't Ashland Ky east of Lexington on I-64 ? At the KY-WVa border. It's totally none of MY business where you may roam. ;)

HTWT

HTWT
Denny,

If you are looking at my travel plans, they have changed quite a bit. As far as your questions, we stay at Walnut Meadows Campground, exit 76 off I-75. It’s only a short distance from the interstate, easy on/off, we have relatives there also. We pick them up and go to Ashland when we are in that area, we also have relatives in the Grayson/Ashland area, and yes, Ashland is on the WV/KY border. It’s a nice area, we love it…maybe in a few years we’ll get there permanently. If you are going to be in the area, yell.:)

Rich

BluegrassMan

Jim:

I won't be getting to Berea till the 2nd week of Aug. My in-laws actually live about 30 miles ESE of Berea. (McKee) Although my one Bro.inlaw lives in Berea proper. I also like (Laurel County area "London") but the tax base is higher there. Have a good time in KY.

phranc

We are thinking of spending a couple of days in Louisville prior to coming to Rally...Campgrounds that seem to fit are in Sherphardsville Ky. One being the KOA louisville south and the other is Grandma's RV park.. Anyone have any suggestions as to which would be the 'good' park ?..
The Derby museum and louisville slugger are on the to-do list.. Other suggestions will be appreciated.......

jbeletti

phranc,

Can't guide you on those 3 but try to steer clear of the North Louisville KOA in Clarksville, IN if you are staying a few nights. Train is really close and sites are asphalt with gravel in between. Just didn't seem like camping to us. Except for the train - must be a law that all near urban CGs are "by the tracks".

Jim

jpmorgan37

Does anyone know anything about Lil Yellow River Campground in New Lisbon, WI? We are planning to stop there when we leave Minnesota heading towards the Rally. Then, heading to Pennsylvania after the Rally, wondering about Lazy J in Bellvue, OH.

John

phranc

Thanks Jim.. Read in RVpark reviews .com about the Louisville North CG.. Didn'e seem loke it would be our first choice.. But did get a resevation at the KOA Louisville so. Will be there till thurs AM and then on to Goshen..!!!

Paul & Nan

We are truly happycampers!!!!!! Got word today that our windows are installed, other work can wait, will pick up BH on Friday morning--we will be leaving central Illinois on the 30th, we are about a 6 hour drive to the rally site.

Nan and Paul
03 Chevy 2500HD 4x4
06 Bighorn 3500RL
Ham mobile N9IX

Paul & Nan

We will be on our rally site on Tues evening, May 30, reservations made. Anyone else arriving early?

Paul and Nan and the fur children Brownie and Casey
06 BH 3500RL
03 Chevy Duramax
Ham N9IX mobile and echolink

jbeletti

Paul and Nan,

Nancy and I will be there Wennesday afternoon. Gotta prepare rally packets and check out the building setup etc. See you there.

Jim