Potential new owner - What issues have current Landmark 365 owners had?

Fulltimers

We put hands on our 2017 Newport yesterday. We were pleasantly surprised to find only a few minor issues. The biggest was at the top of the ladder, the end cap had a minor paint flaw - it looked like they stopped one spray short of covering about a four inch spot as there was a speckled appearance of white showing through the black paint. The next was the front cargo door only had one hold open clasp and really needs two (service is taking care of that one - easy fix). The rest were minor cosmetic fixes. We have our official walk through and delivery scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. I have to admit, the first buying experience with Explore USA was not so good. However, they assured me this would not be a repeat and so far I am very pleased with the transaction and process. Wednesday will tell it all when I actually work with their Service Dept. The other surprises we had was that we did not order the outside entertainment package or the safe behind the TV - opened the outside cargo door and there was a TV; looked behind the TV and there was a safe. We were told these items are now standard on the 2017's. Either way, there was no additional cost to the deal.:confused::);):cool:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We put hands on our 2017 Newport yesterday. We were pleasantly surprised to find only a few minor issues. The biggest was at the top of the ladder, the end cap had a minor paint flaw - it looked like they stopped one spray short of covering about a four inch spot as there was a speckled appearance of white showing through the black paint. The next was the front cargo door only had one hold open clasp and really needs two (service is taking care of that one - easy fix). The rest were minor cosmetic fixes. We have our official walk through and delivery scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. I have to admit, the first buying experience with Explore USA was not so good. However, they assured me this would not be a repeat and so far I am very pleased with the transaction and process. Wednesday will tell it all when I actually work with their Service Dept. The other surprises we had was that we did not order the outside entertainment package or the safe behind the TV - opened the outside cargo door and there was a TV; looked behind the TV and there was a safe. We were told these items are now standard on the 2017's. Either way, there was no additional cost to the deal.:confused::);):cool:

Congrats on the new Landmark!! Which ExploreUSA are you working with?

Also make sure you join the Heartland Owners Club and attend a rally!! There are 3 chapters on Texas, plus Oklahoma and Louisiana that have rallies, so be sure to join in!!

Fulltimers

We are working with Explore in Kyle, TX. We have joined the HOC and attended our first Rally last month. Excited about the whole process.

TravelTiger

We are working with Explore in Kyle, TX. We have joined the HOC and attended our first Rally last month. Excited about the whole process.

Great to hear! Explore USA has a monopoly on many Heartland brands in the I-35 corridor. Some locations are better than others. Best to get any promises in writing when dealing with them, as they will require it of you and absolve themselves otherwise when you go to sign the papers.

ksucats

Kirk & Annette: RE your post # 20 above - our Key West is the same way on the off-door side. Top pulls in all the way but the bottom is a good inch to 1.5 inches out. Dealer (and a mobile Tech) both tried to close it up, no joy so far. I do get water in the slide when driving - area is large enough that the seals do not close completely. Dealer said that it was because the bottom of the coach curves under there (yeah right) but so far, after several adjustments and even new seals now, daylight is still seen and water continues to come in. Check very closely.

carl.swoyer

If you cannot get results call Jim Fenner at heartland. He runs the show in warranty. He's honest, if it's wrong he gets it fixed. Absolutely not normal or acceptable to have water penetrant your interior.

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

Fulltimers

While doing your delivery PDI be sure to check under the slides mainly looking at the brackets that connect the slide rods. It is a "L" shape bracket that can break easily. Also check the rollers under the slide. Ours had two rollers rolling over each other causing extra stress on the slide which may or may not have anything to do with the "L" bracket breaking. There are other posts on this Forum with photos before and after the repairs. Ours will go into the shop this week for repairs to the slide. I will post photos of before and after. Even with this little inconvenience we are so pleased with the overall quality of our 2017 Newport.

ksucats

Carl and Christine: RE post 27 above. This thing just keeps going on. I feel it has taken on a life of its own. I have not contacted Jim Fenner as I've been in contact with Andy (LM product manager) who passed me back on to Ron (in Warranty who we actually worked with in October 2016 when this thing originally started) who has passed me back to my dealer. We had an appointment to drop the coach off with our dealer (BTW - over 150 miles away) on the 22nd, now, because of an issue with MILs health where we can't change a couple of attorney appointments in early July, it will be 20 July before the coach even makes it back to the dealer. The dealer said that there was no way they could get it resolved before 1 July so.... This leakage on the slide has been going on since September. A mobile tech worked on it (with Heartlands Warranty Departments approval) in early October, then our dealer got it again in late October, then in November/December (we used it over the Christmas Holiday Break, and then back to the dealer in January and again in March; it is still not resolved. Frustrating to us at best, harmful to the coach (we feel) at worst. What can I say though - I don't fault the dealer for this delay, it is our fault that we can't just leave the coach with the dealer.

Alb

We just got a 2016 Charleston and our slide is the same........The dealer even gave us the same reason?We haven't tried to tow in rain yet but I hope we can get it fixed before that.
Kirk & Annette: RE your post # 20 above - our Key West is the same way on the off-door side. Top pulls in all the way but the bottom is a good inch to 1.5 inches out. Dealer (and a mobile Tech) both tried to close it up, no joy so far. I do get water in the slide when driving - area is large enough that the seals do not close completely. Dealer said that it was because the bottom of the coach curves under there (yeah right) but so far, after several adjustments and even new seals now, daylight is still seen and water continues to come in. Check very closely.

Alb

Here is the List

We just purchased a new 2016 Charleston. Over all we really like it. We have had it for two weeks now and have it parked in a RV park. Below is what we found thus far. I fixed a good many of the problems below the biggest thing is check the fittings on your water filter behind the basement wall as ours had a very slow leak. After two days I found a puddle of water in the center of the basement. It took a while to find all the water leaks and there were quite a few.

The List

1. The slide out for the kitchen will not close all the way at the bottom there is a 1-2" gap
  2. The fender flare is cracked on the same slide.
  3. Fireplace will not work (I plugged it into a different location and still would not work).
  4. Blueray player will not work. no signal
  5. One of the door lock down knobs is missing for the refrigerator.
  6. The Anderson valve in the UDC station is leaking thru and fills the fresh water tank when placed in normal and city.
  7. Sink drain in the kitchen leaked.
  8. Water filter canister leaked and filter was not installed.
  9. The filter on the water pump leaked and the 12 volt + wire was loose in the fuse holder and pump would not work until I repaired.
  10. Pop up for the bathroom sink not hooked up. (I repaired)
  11. The water pump leaked behind the UDC station.
  12. The unit was not fully dewinterized by the dealer (antifreeze still in lines)
  13. The heater vent in the bathroom did not have the duct work connected.
  14. Dyson sweeper charging station screws were not properly installed and it fell off the wall.
  15. There is a spot in the kitchen sink that will not come off.
  16. Stadium seats were not plugged in.
  17. One of the extra kitchen chairs has the leg broke.

ksucats

Re: Here is the List

My coach is back at the dealers for the slide issue - last time I was there a suggestion was made to use 'expanding foam' to fix the sealing issue. Told them no way so I'm hoping that they get it resolved. Heartland warranty folks are working with the dealer I hope so we'll see. As for the rest of yours, most appear to be stuff the dealer missed during their prep of the coach. I read more and more where the dealers (for all brands it seems) are the final assemblers - QC at the factories has fallen miserably. Best wishes on getting all of your issues resolved quickly so that you can enjoy your coach. Wife wanted the Charleston but it was not in the cards at the time:mad:

jlsr

Hi fulltimers, we will be interested to know how ExploreUSA is with service also. We went to the fort Worth location to look at Landmark RVs and the experience with their sales staff was not good. Basically non-existent!! Hoping to find a better dealer to work with. We are in DFW area.

Alb

To make a long story short we bought our rig in MI and had it delivered to WV. We were promised a walk thru by the dealer who assured us every thing would be good upon delivery. When the our camper arrived we knew more than the driver did, Thanks to this forum (got to love this forum). We called the dealer and were refunded our prep fee and promised a local Heartland dealer would be sent to our location to repair all the issue in the previous post in 2-3 weeks. This is week 2 and we are still waiting very patiently. Lesson Learned we never buy another camper and not go to the dealership and inspect it first before accepting delivery. Good luck with your slide out issue. I am with you on the foam.

ALB

TravelTiger

Hi fulltimers, we will be interested to know how ExploreUSA is with service also. We went to the fort Worth location to look at Landmark RVs and the experience with their sales staff was not good. Basically non-existent!! Hoping to find a better dealer to work with. We are in DFW area.

ExploreUSA is the largest volume Heartland dealer in Texas, with multiple locations up and down I-35.

They support the Heartland Owners Club with donations, and have cooked out for us during the NTX rally in Canton in the past.

Our personal purchase experience with the Dallas location in Mesquite was mixed. PM me for details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mburtsvt

We just purchased a new 2016 Charleston. Over all we really like it. We have had it for two weeks now and have it parked in a RV park. Below is what we found thus far. I fixed a good many of the problems below the biggest thing is check the fittings on your water filter behind the basement wall as ours had a very slow leak. After two days I found a puddle of water in the center of the basement. It took a while to find all the water leaks and there were quite a few.

The List

1. The slide out for the kitchen will not close all the way at the bottom there is a 1-2" gap
  2. The fender flare is cracked on the same slide.
  3. Fireplace will not work (I plugged it into a different location and still would not work).
  4. Blueray player will not work. no signal
  5. One of the door lock down knobs is missing for the refrigerator.
  6. The Anderson valve in the UDC station is leaking thru and fills the fresh water tank when placed in normal and city.
  7. Sink drain in the kitchen leaked.
  8. Water filter canister leaked and filter was not installed.
  9. The filter on the water pump leaked and the 12 volt + wire was loose in the fuse holder and pump would not work until I repaired.
  10. Pop up for the bathroom sink not hooked up. (I repaired)
  11. The water pump leaked behind the UDC station.
  12. The unit was not fully dewinterized by the dealer (antifreeze still in lines)
  13. The heater vent in the bathroom did not have the duct work connected.
  14. Dyson sweeper charging station screws were not properly installed and it fell off the wall.
  15. There is a spot in the kitchen sink that will not come off.
  16. Stadium seats were not plugged in.
  17. One of the extra kitchen chairs has the leg broke.

and on mine the list for the first 4 month was:

RV Punch List

1) Loose Microwave. It should not move!

2) Light Switch to the right of the bathroom door is not working. It should turn on/off the light above the bathroom door.

3) Dishwasher timer function does not work. In addition we have had intermittent failures with the result of not being able to set a wash cycle to start the washer.

4) In the outside water area, (where the water connections are), the hose will not come off of the faucet. It seems to be a snap on type of attachment, but it will not come off.

5) Closet bar in the back bedroom is pulling away.

6) Bedroom door will not close. Adjustment or alignment.

7) Wall in bedroom w/thermostat on it – coming lose at seam.

8) Cable sticking out from under the couch on the right side. Needs to be re-positions behind a screw under the couch.

9) Frame around bedroom TV has cracked. May need to be replaced, (frame – not TV).

10) Lippert Level –Up System popping. This is a known problem with a known solution.

And a few more adds….

11) I got the Heartland TSB for the air conditioner fix. A copy of the letter is enclosed.

12) I request a review of the 12V electrical system. I have had to re set the 12V breaker twice on the bus bar behind the battery box, (on the wall). In addition the house batteries have not been charging.

I think this was pretty good.

Fulltimers

We too had several bad experiences at the Ft. Worth Store in sales and service. I have two very good friends working at the Kyle Store. Paul Tammaro in sales and Terry Gomez is their Warranty Clerk. Unfortunately, service centers are all about the same. I have been lucky to find a RV repair here in the Waco area that Heartland has let me use - they will come to our site or I can take it to their shop which is only 30 minutes away. Hope to see you at a Rally soon. We will be at the Canton next month.

jlsr

Hi Fulltimers,
Kyle is aways away from us but we might have to take a trip down there. Thank you for posting your experiences. We will give your friend a call to set up a time once we determine when we can go. We're not in a rush since we need to sell our unit first. That is great that Heartland let you have the warranty work done locally! Best regards,

- - - Updated - - -

Hi mburtstv, wow that's quite a list. Though not too bad compared to the list we had with the 5th wheel we have now. 28 items found after delivery, dealer then had it 3 months to fix... got it back and took it camping. Found they didn't even fix half of the items and had 6 more issues appear, one was a major fix. Back to the dealer for 3 more months. Most of the issues could have been easily fixed in a day.... dealer just sat it on their lot. We've used it once since getting it back and a couple minor issues appeared but my husband fixed them. We won't go back to that dealer. Ever. At least we appear to have the bugs worked out now :)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
jlsr, call HL service and they may have an independent service center near you that will do warranty work.

Mburtsvt

Hi Fulltimers,
Kyle is aways away from us but we might have to take a trip down there. Thank you for posting your experiences. We will give your friend a call to set up a time once we determine when we can go. We're not in a rush since we need to sell our unit first. That is great that Heartland let you have the warranty work done locally! Best regards,

- - - Updated - - -

Hi mburtstv, wow that's quite a list. Though not too bad compared to the list we had with the 5th wheel we have now. 28 items found after delivery, dealer then had it 3 months to fix... got it back and took it camping. Found they didn't even fix half of the items and had 6 more issues appear, one was a major fix. Back to the dealer for 3 more months. Most of the issues could have been easily fixed in a day.... dealer just sat it on their lot. We've used it once since getting it back and a couple minor issues appeared but my husband fixed them. We won't go back to that dealer. Ever. At least we appear to have the bugs worked out now :)

I probably did not position my list very well. This is nothing! Compared to the RV’s, (this is my fifth), I had in the past this was nothing.