Potential new owner - What issues have current Landmark 365 owners had?

ksucats

OK, I'm venting (hopefully not ranting) but I'm just amazed. I've been biting my tongue since Saturday when I got my KeyWest back from the dealer after three (3) weeks there for adjusting the kitchen slideout because there were gaps in the seals when closed. The slide out still sits over an inch (almost two inches) out from the coach on the bottom side and now sits out about one half to an inch at the top (before it was fully in). What they did, supposedly at Heartland's warranty department, approval, guidance, and support, was double the D seal installation - so It now appears that I have one strip of D seal attached to the coach and one strip of D seal attached to the slide, both compressing when the slide comes in. Seems to work on the front side - I can't see daylight through the bottom anymore (I could stick four fingers of my hand through the gap before. However I still have daylight visible on the rear of the slide - I was able to reduce it to a small gap by manually pulling the seal in but we can slip a dollar bill through the gap without any problem at all. Daylight is clearly visible -- I don't even want to think about the critters that can make their way in. I have NO idea how they made it so that the top seal is still sealing the slide.

As for the freezer door that was damaged by hitting the center island. This occurred after they first moved the refrigerator in the slide out -- it was originally installed so far back in its area that the refer side could not be opened fully. Heartland refused to provide coverage on the door since they claim that the 'facia was replaced', strange that this damage was done after the refrigerator was moved forward to stop damaging the fascia but.. Oh well. Have not had the opportunity to drive the coach in rain yet so hopefully the water intrusion through the bedroom slide and the kitchen slide have been stopped. Guess time will tell.

Once again, I don't blame my dealer. I was told that they took pictures and provided them to Heartland (I made a compilation of short videos and pictures taken some time back showing the same which I provided to Heartland back in October 2015) and my dealer did what was asked of them. I've even asked about taking the unit back to the factory so it could be properly repaired there and was told no, it was field repairable. I'm just here shaking my head as I type this - talk about buyers regret - I have a major case of it right now.

I know it can be fixed - I've looked in another 2015 Key West, and two 2016 Key Wests and they do not have the same problem. I realize now that mine was an early build (it only has a 17,500 GWR instead of 18,000) but still, it should be repairable.

Oh well, off the vent (rant).

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Have you talked to Heartland yourself ????
It sounds to me like a line of BS from your dealer
There's no way Heartland told them to add another D-Seal just to close the gap. That is all adjustable to get that slide to close properly.
I would call Heartland tomorrow morning

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ksucats

Jerrod: I have not spoken with Ron Scarberry nor Andy Wesdorp for a couple of months. At that time Andy had emailed me regarding an earlier post I had made and told me he had passed on my comments to Ron. I then exchanged emails with Ron who told me that he had re-viewed the video I had compiled and that he was working with my dealer to get it all resolved. When I called my dealer they told me that they had exchanged pictures with Ron and that they were taking care of it. So, short answer is no, I have not personally spoken with Andy nor Ron directly since several months ago but I do feel that they were very involved in this matter. I may give Ron a call tomorrow though just for good measure -- however, tomorrow is the first day of classes so my time is going to be taken up. We'll just have to see.

What really bugs me is that this could have (and should have) all been resolved last October instead of piece meal over the course of a year. To top it off is the fix for one thing damaged something else and now it appears that the factory will not repair that because they say the first item fixed it. Well, the first item was from the side by side refrigerator's refrigerator door hitting the fascia on the hinge side of the door - the refer was installed so far back that the door would not open fully, heck it wouldn't even open far enough to remove the packaged shelving and drawers. The dealership had to take the screws out from the bottom feet of the refrigerator and move the entire unit forward what I felt was several inches (it was not measured so a personal guesstimate) to get it so the door would open. (The freezer door never had a problem as it opens to the counter top where the range is.) Well, once they did that the freezer door was so close to the island that neither my wife nor I could even stick a finger between the island the the freezer door. We were told that there was more than enough room and so we took it home. We did put a towel between the island top and the door though. Needless to say, we now have a nice dimple in the freezer door and Heartland refused to do anything about it saying that they have already addressed that problem with the replacement of the side fascia.

Well, now I have the unit home, it is a 300 mile round trip from our home to the dealer ship, and back, so we take it there (150 miles, leave it, 150 miles back home, then have to go back to pick it up, another 300 miles). This times at least five trips now and still no complete resolution. We could have driven to Goshen and had it done, hopefully correctly, without so much frustration on our, and our dealership's, part. Am I upset, darn tooting!! Is there anything I can do about, probably not a dang thing except let people know how I feel and what I think of the Heartland product we have. Now I know that not everyone has had this same issue - there are thousands of other Heartland units out there, probably a thousand Landmark 365s, that have not had this problem. So I know that Heartland can make it right - I just wish they would and get it over with.

'nuff said i guess.

I do appreciate you asking though and asking about me contacting Ron. Hmmm, after all of this I now wonder why they haven't contacted me - I take my Jeep in for service (or my wife's car in for service) and we get a call within two days asking how things went and such. Oh well.

Look for water leaks under your sinks. Check the slide box as well. While slide is open check out the floor by putting your hand along the wall and feel for any moisture.<br>
<br>
Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

Kirk

As our Ashland is a 2015 model yours might not be the same, I was quite surprised when my wife told me found water on the floor in front of the dishwasher.
Went underneath the sink through the door on the backside cabinetry and she found the leak coming from the sink.
Further inspection we found the factory had installed the basket strainer underneath where the rubber gasket, paper ring and the plastic ring are attached to strainer. The installer had installed the ring upside down. So there was no compression of the rubber ring.

Okay simple fix just reverse the ring right. No, that that lucky.

The ring is a 3/4 inch width ring only had 3/8 inch of thread on the bottom of the ring. So when properly installed there was no holding strength and no compression of the rubber ring. It just popped off. That's why the installer put it upside down.
(Also, check inside that white plastic tube that attaches to the strainer and clean it. After a full 8 months of use we found that the interior was not working as designed. It prevents any tank smells from the grey tank from backtracking and venting through the sink strainer. Just a simple maintenance issue.)

Luckily our dealership was working near our rv site and replaced it with a strainer that worked properly the next day.
Our Sunwest RV dealer over on Vancouver Island has been exceptional in the servicing. Just one more major servicing in January to fix all the last items, kitchen slider, slide awning topper replacements and some other small items.

Best regards, Shawn

Last edited: