Raised Trailer Height

Todster

Hello all, we recently picked up a 2017 Cyclone 3513. Awesome toy. I'm thinking of doing the 2" square tubing raised height or equivalent to the trailer.

With my stock height f-350 SRW and no bags yet she rides nose high. I believe this is due to the hitch adapter frame I used and then set the pullrite on top.

That said, the axles are already on the bottom of the leaf springs. What have you all done to the spring perch height and roughly what did it cost if you don't mind my asking? I will probably have the dealer where I bought it do the work. Just need the service writer to call me back.....

Thanks Todd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

I would change hitches before messing with the suspension. that can lead to many more problems

MP_CS

I'm facing the same situation on my sundance because my new GMC is 3" higher than my ford and i was already a tad nose high to begin with. You can ask you're dealer but if they are like mine they wont touch it. Mine told me the only right way would be to have a sub frame fabricated and welded on. I haven't been able to find a fabricator in my area willing to work on it. I will probably just deal with it the way it is and ill just be replacing tires sooner than necessary if they wear funny.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our Prowler is a little nose high (4 1/2 inches), and some here think that is why we are now having to replace our back axle as it has lost it's camber (ie.- is flat).

Went through a pair of tires in roughly 5000 miles.

ProwlerMeasure-P1020514.jpg

ProwlerRearAxleFlat-IMAG0323.jpg

Look for inside tread wear.

The thought is that there is too much weight on the back axle.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Hello all, we recently picked up a 2017 Cyclone 3513. Awesome toy. I'm thinking of doing the 2" square tubing raised height or equivalent to the trailer.

With my stock height f-350 SRW and no bags yet she rides nose high. I believe this is due to the hitch adapter frame I used and then set the pullrite on top.

That said, the axles are already on the bottom of the leaf springs. What have you all done to the spring perch height and roughly what did it cost if you don't mind my asking? I will probably have the dealer where I bought it do the work. Just need the service writer to call me back.....

Thanks Todd

On a previous 5'er we owned I had this issue. What we did was put a couple of inches taller middle spring hanger on and a couple of inches taller rims and tires. It was cheaper to do than messing with the entire suspension and easy for my son and I to do in our driveway.

gpshemi

I'd have that axle re-ached before replacing it...there's nothing wrong with it.
I had my axles tweaked for tire alignment issues. None of them were quite right from the factory.

JohnD

I'd have that axle re-ached before replacing it...there's nothing wrong with it.
I had my axles tweaked for tire alignment issues. None of them were quite right from the factory.

That is what we are probably going to do.

The axle shop is going to look at it in a couple of weeks to let us know if we can do that.

I showed them the photos of the axles and they think that bending them will solve our issue, but won't know until they have a look-see at the trailer

They said that both axles will probably need to be tweeked to get the alignment right.

Also need to replace the whole set of tires.

rjr6150

That is what we are probably going to do.

The axle shop is going to look at it in a couple of weeks to let us know if we can do that.

I showed them the photos of the axles and they think that bending them will solve our issue, but won't know until they have a look-see at the trailer

They said that both axles will probably need to be tweeked to get the alignment right.

Also need to replace the whole set of tires.

John
Who are you using in the front range. Ours is coming out of Windish in Longmont for hail damage last summer. New shoes scheduled at GCR Tire. While up here if I can schedule the whole thing will do it.

'Lil Guy'

On our previous Elkride E289, we didn't have enough adjustment to level it. Really nose high on my Ram 25oo 4X4. I opted to get 16" wheels and taller tires. Also gained 2 inches with the alignment aid for the axels.

JohnD

John
Who are you using in the front range. Ours is coming out of Windish in Longmont for hail damage last summer. New shoes scheduled at GCR Tire. While up here if I can schedule the whole thing will do it.

Jim's Repair off of 58th. Ave. just east of I-25.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/denver-co/jims-repair-L0095606143.htm

I visited their shop a few weeks back and these guys are the real deal when it comes to trailer axle repair.

I'm going to stop by there later this week to set up an appointment for them to look at our Prowler.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We went and got replacement shackles and bolts at Jim's when we broke a shackle in Breckenridge back in 2014.

JohnD

We went and got replacement shackles and bolts at Jim's when we broke a shackle in Breckenridge back in 2014.

Jim's is a gem of a trailer shop . . . wish I had found out about them years ago!

There showroom of accessories is amazing and the prices are not high as you would expect from a specialty shop, but more inline with CW and most RV dealers stores.

Only about six miles from our house.

For anyone going there with trailer in tow, make sure you come in from the west (either I-25 or Washington Ave.) as there are two low bridges that will make you replace your AC units if you come in from the east.