RValue Insulation in the Landmark compared to Bighorn

pday1213

On the Heartland website I was comparing the Landmark Oshkosh to the Bighorn 3760EL model, and I was surprised to see that the insulation RValues are lower in the Landmark then they are in the Bighorn. RValue wall R-11 (same), RValue Floor Landmark R-38 and Bighorn R-45, RValue roof Landmark R-34 and Bighorn R-40. I thought the Landmark would have at least similar or better insulation values then the Bighorn since it is considered a full time coach. Is the website correct or is it true that the Landmark has lower insulating values then Bighorn? Concerned with roof in particular with the full sun and heat. Thanks

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I was doing that last night. Other than a yeti tank heater and dual pane my Bighorn is better equipped for shoulder season in Canada.

kowAlski631

Big Horn is also a full-time trailer. We've been in temps approaching 0 as well as over 100 and stayed comfortable in our Big Horn. We did opt for the Yeti package and double panes windows which make a big difference summer and winter.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It could just be the website is not up to date. I would call Heartland and ask to speak to the brand managers, so you can get the latest specs for both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

On the Heartland website I was comparing the Landmark Oshkosh to the Bighorn 3760EL model, and I was surprised to see that the insulation RValues are lower in the Landmark then they are in the Bighorn. RValue wall R-11 (same), RValue Floor Landmark R-38 and Bighorn R-45, RValue roof Landmark R-34 and Bighorn R-40. I thought the Landmark would have at least similar or better insulation values then the Bighorn since it is considered a full time coach. Is the website correct or is it true that the Landmark has lower insulating values then Bighorn? Concerned with roof in particular with the full sun and heat. Thanks

If full sun/heat is a major concern, I would look into getting your roof treated with Dicor CoolCoat heat reflective roof coating. Dicor is the manufacturer of the rubber roof membrane. https://dicorproducts.com/product/coolcoat/

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I have found in last year brochure that the roof is R-40 (batten insulation & astro foil roof), laminated walls R-11 and laminated floor is R-38 ratings for the Landmarks. Now what's really interesting is that my 2015 Landmark brochure is showing - roof is R-38, sidewalls R-11 and floor R-40. Guess they took 2 somethingoranother from my floor and added it to the roof on the newer units. Hum - very interesting :p.

wdk450

Retail pricing is not allowed on this forum.

Peace
Dave

I suggest that any time you want to ask something that might be sensitive information, you click on the poster's name and send them a PM (Private Message), like a personal e-mail.

rdgt67

When I asked what you are paying for in a landmark I was referring to benefits. I have had a bighorn and now have a key West. I am curious what the advantage is of one over the other thus my statement. My bighorn came with issues and so did my landmark. Build quality is about the same as debris was left everywhere and routing holes look as if they were made with a crash ax. Didn't say I was unhappy. Just curious. For my 2 cents I didnt do enough research and was bitten by the landmark bug...

sengli

I am in the same boat, so here is what I have seen. The big horn VS landmark they are both built the same production from the same components(laminated floors..sidewalls..now not laminated roofs), so the R values really shouldnt be different. Landmark has, a paint job, energy management system, in some cases better woodwork, and more of it(round the windows). A lot more interior fluff. Plus there are some floor plans you cant get in a big horn, that are offered as a landmark.